PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do Patriot fans have less loyalty to Tom Brady than Browns fans did to Bernie Kosar

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a generational thing...it's the "grass is always greener, I wanna new flavor I'm bored, what happened yesterday is ancient history, if it isn't brand new it's no good, can't you see I can't focus on one thing for more than a few seconds" millennial mindset versus generations of Pats fans that enjoy what they have and revel in the moment.

These millennials aren't really fans of anything but themselves.

The reason I asked was to make a point that it's a decidedly tiny minority of Pats fans who believe now is the time to move on from Brady. I think you and others here are confusing that with those who understand Brady won't last forever and Patriots brass appears to have acknowledged same by hanging on to Garoppolo. It doesn't mean the team, or fans, actually want Brady gone. That just wouldn't make sense.
No no. It's at the point a decision must be made, which is next year. Many people on this board have expressed that they would rather lose Brady than jimmy if that's the choice.

It's a generational thing...it's the "grass is always greener, I wanna new flavor I'm bored, what happened yesterday is ancient history, if it isn't brand new it's no good, can't you see I can't focus on one thing for more than a few seconds" millennial mindset versus generations of Pats fans that enjoy what they have and revel in the moment.

Eh... at least millennials don't request to speak with the manager because a store or restaurant won't honor their coupon that has been expired for a month.

No no. It's at the point a decision must be made, which is next year. Many people on this board have expressed that they would rather lose Brady than jimmy if that's the choice.

"Many people". Name them. We're at 41 pages now. Let's hear some names.

Can't speak for millennials, other than to yell GET OFF MY LAWN at them, and I live in a condo.

For my part, I see the whole doubtless-to-be-repeated thread as a matter of risk management, as I've made clear.

And those shouting that there is no risk in the future because of the (recent) past? Well, for right now I think they're right. But I think they're so vitriolic about it, and so insistent that everybody else wants a "flavor of the month," because right now they know that the Ultimate Binky Of All Time one day must go, and they frankly can't cope.

Nobody knows the hour or the day. Fuggit, I'm good with 2022 or so but I'm a fanboy. :)

No fair not being as good in when you're 45 Tom! I'm with ya!

coupons? I pay cash. I don't owe anyone a ****in' thing in this life. I don't ****in' cry like a goddamned two year old when my immediate cravings are not satisfied.Millennials don't even know what a ****in' manager is, all they know is what THEY are owed by society for the pleasure of THEIR ****headed existences.

coupons? I pay cash. I don't owe anyone a ****in' thing in this life. I don't ****in' cry like a goddamned two year old when my immediate cravings are not satisfied.Millennials don't even know what a ****in' manager is, all they know is what THEY are owed by society for the pleasure of THEIR ****headed existences.
Oh we know who the manager is. It's usually the poor slob being yelled at by some old dork with a huge sense of entitlement wearing jean shorts and white tennis shoes with the shirt tucked in to said jean shorts and no belt.

never seen any clowns resembling that around here, where I live. If I did, I'd punch them in the goddamned face. Just like I'd **** stomp some punk millennial telling me to get out of his ****in' way because of the overwhelming importance to feed his Skittles addiction.

never seen any clowns resembling that around here, where I live. If I did, I'd punch them in the goddamned face. Just like I'd **** stomp some punk millennial telling me to get out of his ****in' way because of the overwhelming importance to feed his Skittles addiction.
You'd need to target the hipster millennial, then. Because, at your advanced age, you may not be capable of stomping anyone anymore. The millennial may just stuff you in a shopping cart then fire you out the window. ;)

I'd take you straight up against Goodell though.

The reason I asked was to make a point that it's a decidedly tiny minority of Pats fans who believe now is the time to move on from Brady. I think you and others here are confusing that with those who understand Brady won't last forever and Patriots brass appears to have acknowledged same by hanging on to Garoppolo. It doesn't mean the team, or fans, actually want Brady gone. That just wouldn't make sense.

What doesn't make sense is the idea that Garrapolo is going to replace Brady, and there's a big difference between Brady not lasting " forever" and Garrapolo succeeding him. There isn't anyone who thinks Brady will last forever but anyone who has watched him play the past 3 seasons should realize that he isn't close to done. We aren't talking about a QB who is on the decline we are talking about the best player in football, and he's getting better, not worse. imo the people who are talking about Garrapolo succeeding Brady are talking about getting rid of Brady while he is still the best player in football, unless of course they believe in Kellermans cliff, which imo they do. They believe that getting rid of Brady is fine because he is just going to suddenly suck., and Garrapolo is their binky. If you think there is some other explanation I'd love to here it.

Last edited:
You'd need to target the hipster millennial, then. Because, at your advanced age, you may not be capable of stomping anyone anymore. The millennial may just stuff you in a shopping cart then fire you out the window. ;)

uh...take a tip from an old, poor defenseless Joe Kerr....A Smith &Wesson beats 4 aces every damn time

Yes yes. I was referring to this year in response to Ivan.

As for 2018, there are too many potential variables in play, some we probably don't know about, for fans to reasonably dig in their heels on either side of this "debate."

What doesn't make sense is the idea that Garrapolo is going to replace Brady, and there's a big difference between Brady not lasting " forever" and Garrapolo succeeding him. There isn't anyone who thinks Brady will last forever but anyone who has watched him play the past 3 seasons should realize that he isn't close to done. We aren't talking about a QB who is on the decline we are talking about the best player in football, and he's getting better, not worse. imo the people who are talking about Garrapolo succeeding Brady are talking about getting rid of Brady while he is still the best player in football, unless of course they believe in Kellermans cliff, which imo they do. They believe that getting rid of Brady is fine because he is just going to suddenly suck., and Garrapolo is their binky. If you think there is some other explanation I'd love to here it.
Simply put, it's too early. I think this "debate" might be worth picking up in the 2018 off-season if Brady is healthy and Garoppolo still is with the team. Getting riled up over it now when a few goofballs (and I mean A FEW) want to prematurely show Brady the door is a waste of energy.

Just need to make a few things clear before I ask my question. I agree with your basic premise that right now Brady is playing at an MVP caliber level and is without question the best QB on the team for 2017. He has showed ZERO signs of decline and has in fact gotten better in whatever small part of his game (pocket movement, deep ball arc, etc) he chooses to work on. Its inhuman and nobody has deserved the name freak like he does. I believe even at 50 just calling out the protections and not running a bad play Tom could still be a top 20 QB.

All of that said there will come a point in the next couple of years where decline WILL happen. Is that this year? Next year? 3 years? 5 years? Who the he'll knows. Before the draft I was firmly in the trade Grop for any first rounder above 15 camp. I was baffled after multiple reports that #12 and more was offered and turned down. Then we have the schefter report saying Grop is in their long term plans. So my question to you is if Brady is going to be the QB for the next 5 years, as he wants to be and you so clearly think he is capable of, then why wasn't Grop traded and according to as reliable a source as we have is in their long term plans?

My answer is I don't think Brady plays 5 more years. I think he plays 2 and I am not willing to give up a QB they obviously think of so highly for one extra year of Brady. That doesn't make me an idiot or clearly wrong. It means I have a different opinion and don't deserve to be called names for it. It doesn't mean I hate Brady and want to get rid of him it means I am looking at the long term health of the franchise based on the only information I have, Bill's actions and IMO those actions say he thinks the world of Grop. Is he gonna be Brady? Hell no Brady is the GOAT but I do think he will be at least an above average starter for the next 10 years right from day one. He will have 4 years in the system and know the offense intimately something no rookie or second year player can have. That's why I think Bill kept him and with the core of this team i expect the patriots to continue to be yearly playoff contenders on par with Pittsburg green bay Baltimore or Denver.

Just need to make a few things clear before I ask my question. I agree with your basic premise that right now Brady is playing at an MVP caliber level and is without question the best QB on the team for 2017. He has showed ZERO signs of decline and has in fact gotten better in whatever small part of his game (pocket movement, deep ball arc, etc) he chooses to work on. Its inhuman and nobody has deserved the name freak like he does. I believe even at 50 just calling out the protections and not running a bad play Tom could still be a top 20 QB.

All of that said there will come a point in the next couple of years where decline WILL happen. Is that this year? Next year? 3 years? 5 years? Who the he'll knows. Before the draft I was firmly in the trade Grop for any first rounder above 15 camp. I was baffled after multiple reports that #12 and more was offered and turned down. Then we have the schefter report saying Grop is in their long term plans. So my question to you is if Brady is going to be the QB for the next 5 years, as he wants to be and you so clearly think he is capable of, then why wasn't Grop traded and according to as reliable a source as we have is in their long term plans?

My answer is I don't think Brady plays 5 more years. I think he plays 2 and I am not willing to give up a QB they obviously think of so highly for one extra year of Brady. That doesn't make me an idiot or clearly wrong. It means I have a different opinion and don't deserve to be called names for it. It doesn't mean I hate Brady and want to get rid of him it means I am looking at the long term health of the franchise based on the only information I have, Bill's actions and IMO those actions say he thinks the world of Grop. Is he gonna be Brady? Hell no Brady is the GOAT but I do think he will be at least an above average starter for the next 10 years right from day one. He will have 4 years in the system and know the offense intimately something no rookie or second year player can have. That's why I think Bill kept him and with the core of this team i expect the patriots to continue to be yearly playoff contenders on par with Pittsburg green bay Baltimore or Denver.

You can believe whatever you want but I have been hearing Patriot fans talking about getting rid of Brady for the last 3 years and all he has done is get better and better, and despite that the same Patriot fans keep moving the goalposts and insisting they are right and they want the Patriots to move on from the best player in the game because of the imaginary cliff they keep insisting is there. I don't see it, I don't believe in it, and I have every right to call ******** on it when reality has been proving them wrong every season. If people don't like that it's too bad, if any player has ever earned the belief and support of fans it's Brady, and it's a shame that so many would rather dump him for a binky who couldn't get through two games, let alone the "next ten years."

How old are you? That's none other than this glorious thread's protagonist, Bernie Kosar.
WTF? I haven't seen a pic of him in forever. It's not like he's on the nightly news.
He looks happy.
He looks healthy.
Good for Bernie.

Actually, they are fans of what they did yesterday. It was on that app.

Yeah that's the problem with millidiots, they act emotionally first and suffer the consequences later.

Shoving Joker into a shopping cart would be a triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is as apparent to me as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every millennial based on their snowflake history.

Which leads us to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning, and end. There are two shopping carts. The cart on your right leads to the source, and the salvation of the millennials. The cart on your the left leads back to your safe space and to the end of your species. As you adequately put, the problem is the stuffing or the immediate satisfaction you crave when speaking your mind without retort. But we already know what you’re going to do, don’t we? Already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors that signal the onset of emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic, and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you from the simple, and obvious truth: your species is going to die, and there is nothing that you can do to stop it. Humph. Affluenza, it is the quintessential millennial delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness. Shoving Joker into a cart may feed your need for instant satisfaction but it's Joker's revenge that will end you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes