Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
You know it just occurred to me that we haven't mentioned ONE area of the team that could use some more depth besides the OL. The defensive line. Couldn't we use another fatty to back up Shelton. What's Mike Pennell doing right now? Maybe he'd be willing to come back at the Vet Minimum to add depth at the position. The Parry kid seemed to do a decent job when he was here? Might not be a bad ideas to add some heft on the DL for GL and SY situations.

Thoughts?

shmessy

Northern VA/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
You know it just occurred to me that we haven't mentioned ONE area of the team that could use some more depth besides the OL. The defensive line. Couldn't we use another fatty to back up Shelton. What's Mike Pennell doing right now? Maybe he'd be willing to come back at the Vet Minimum to add depth at the position. The Parry kid seemed to do a decent job when he was here? Might not be a bad ideas to add some heft on the DL for GL and SY situations.

Thoughts?

Adam Butler is kinda fat.

Wax Frog

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
The.... Jets... ???

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Adam Butler is kinda fat.

When I'm thinking "heft" I'm thinking 330 heft, not some guy who is a natural 285 and bulked himself up to get to 300 (and lost his quickness in the process). When you think on it, Guy is the only guy we have on the roster who would be a competent 3-4 DE.

The Steelers played themselves out of a running game Sunday. When we play the Jets I'm guessing the DL will be tested a lot more. I'm still a little nervous about our "light in the pants" DL.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Wall of Fame Member
How many receivers that are used to seeing the most targets do people think we can play? I worry about Brown when he realizes that Jules is still going to see the most balls.
Brown will definitely end up the # 1 target.

robertweathers

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

Thoughts?
Between Andy and I we beat that topic to death.

shmessy

Northern VA/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
When I'm thinking "heft" I'm thinking 330 heft, not some guy who is a natural 285 and bulked himself up to get to 300 (and lost his quickness in the process). When you think on it, Guy is the only guy we have on the roster who would be a competent 3-4 DE.

The Steelers played themselves out of a running game Sunday. When we play the Jets I'm guessing the DL will be tested a lot more. I'm still a little nervous about our "light in the pants" DL.

I hear ya, Ken, I was just kidding (probably should've used an emoji)!

And, yes, we do need another big DL. I'm still waiting on Cannon's report first though when looking at priorities.

JarOfMayo51

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I think Belichick makes this trade partly because he knows how good our secondary is and can matchup against Thomas in a future game

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Elumeanor is awfully raw to be our starting RT. However, Dante knows best. Obviously, it would be great if Elumeanor was the starting RT and Cunningham were good enough to be the swing OT.

I remember when we carried 4 OT's especially when we carried only 3 TE's. I think that the team would look much stronger with a veteran OT, a Bodine equivalent at OT.

I don't disagree but competent swing tackles aren't a dime a dozen.

BTW- I think I'd rather try Elumeanor at the RT spot and make one line up change, than have Thuney out there and make 2. While the story was that the Ravens originally wanted Eluemeanor to play G this season, IIRC he has more starts at OT than G. I'm wondering if putting Thuney at RT in the game was more of an emergency move given JE's short time with the team, and with an entire week to get ready, he'd be ready to play.

I'm just guessing here, but I'm loathe to make 2 moves than do one. Maybe Cunningham is the answer. I don't know. I'm just glad its Miami next week instead of the Ravens.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
Good - I haven't been merely talking myself into this conclusion; it just made no sense to keep him any more. He would be platooning with Dorsett and Meyers for playing time, with an incentive laced contract and won't be a part of their future. Glad they could dump this contract on a stupid team, as I suspected the only reason they were now keeping him was not wanting to screw him over.

I think Gunner's solid performance as a punt returner was the final straw in making DT totally expendable as the WR7.
Yeah I don’t mind them trading him...even if nasty move it is a Business....but to one of our division rivals?! This would seem like a first

Bill Lee

What, me worry?
Thank God/Gaia/Satan/Flying Spaghetti Monster that Obi's back on the practice squad. I didn't know how I would sleep at night with him out there ready to be grabbed by some other team.
Safe indeed, till someone opens a spot on their 53 man roster and makes one phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.