PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas traded to the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, DT was only going to contribute an enormous amount under the nuclear scenario of AB not buying in AND Gordon falling off the wagon.

We could certainly debate about how likely it is that BOTH will happen, but maybe BB thinks the odds of a double implosion are low.

If he were capable of replacing Brown or Gordon in any similar capacity, there’s no way the Patriots give him to the Jets for an old tuna sandwich. If Gordon and Brown both got hurt, it would be Edelman, Dorsett, and Meyers with Harry having potential to step up big. I don’t think Thomas really makes them a better group in that situation. Deeper maybe, but he’s not going to be a #1 receiver who needs to be doubled.

That’s arguably better than last season with Slowwwwgan and a gadget guy in Patterson.

It certainly has been an interesting 2 weeks, full of surprises.
I'll say.

I'm confident there will be more surprises

They did DT dirty lol but that's football.

Thomas is okay with this trade. If he wasn’t, he could just say he wouldn’t report to the Jets voiding the trade and force the Pats to cut him or keep him.

I hope Brown ca keep it together

You know it just occurred to me that we haven't mentioned ONE area of the team that could use some more depth besides the OL. The defensive line. Couldn't we use another fatty to back up Shelton. What's Mike Pennell doing right now? Maybe he'd be willing to come back at the Vet Minimum to add depth at the position. The Parry kid seemed to do a decent job when he was here? Might not be a bad ideas to add some heft on the DL for GL and SY situations.

Thoughts?

You know it just occurred to me that we haven't mentioned ONE area of the team that could use some more depth besides the OL. The defensive line. Couldn't we use another fatty to back up Shelton. What's Mike Pennell doing right now? Maybe he'd be willing to come back at the Vet Minimum to add depth at the position. The Parry kid seemed to do a decent job when he was here? Might not be a bad ideas to add some heft on the DL for GL and SY situations.

Thoughts?

Adam Butler is kinda fat.

The.... Jets... ???

tenor.gif

Adam Butler is kinda fat.

When I'm thinking "heft" I'm thinking 330 heft, not some guy who is a natural 285 and bulked himself up to get to 300 (and lost his quickness in the process). When you think on it, Guy is the only guy we have on the roster who would be a competent 3-4 DE.

The Steelers played themselves out of a running game Sunday. When we play the Jets I'm guessing the DL will be tested a lot more. I'm still a little nervous about our "light in the pants" DL.

How many receivers that are used to seeing the most targets do people think we can play? I worry about Brown when he realizes that Jules is still going to see the most balls.
Brown will definitely end up the # 1 target.

Thoughts?
Between Andy and I we beat that topic to death.

what in gods name did he do that he was traded to the jests

When I'm thinking "heft" I'm thinking 330 heft, not some guy who is a natural 285 and bulked himself up to get to 300 (and lost his quickness in the process). When you think on it, Guy is the only guy we have on the roster who would be a competent 3-4 DE.

The Steelers played themselves out of a running game Sunday. When we play the Jets I'm guessing the DL will be tested a lot more. I'm still a little nervous about our "light in the pants" DL.

I hear ya, Ken, I was just kidding (probably should've used an emoji)!

And, yes, we do need another big DL. I'm still waiting on Cannon's report first though when looking at priorities.

I think Belichick makes this trade partly because he knows how good our secondary is and can matchup against Thomas in a future game

Elumeanor is awfully raw to be our starting RT. However, Dante knows best. Obviously, it would be great if Elumeanor was the starting RT and Cunningham were good enough to be the swing OT.

I remember when we carried 4 OT's especially when we carried only 3 TE's. I think that the team would look much stronger with a veteran OT, a Bodine equivalent at OT.

I don't disagree but competent swing tackles aren't a dime a dozen.

BTW- I think I'd rather try Elumeanor at the RT spot and make one line up change, than have Thuney out there and make 2. While the story was that the Ravens originally wanted Eluemeanor to play G this season, IIRC he has more starts at OT than G. I'm wondering if putting Thuney at RT in the game was more of an emergency move given JE's short time with the team, and with an entire week to get ready, he'd be ready to play.

I'm just guessing here, but I'm loathe to make 2 moves than do one. Maybe Cunningham is the answer. I don't know. I'm just glad its Miami next week instead of the Ravens.

Sorry this was a dumb move ....a 6th? And the guy waited after he was cut to re-sign here...could have gone to any team ...And THEN we trade him to a DIVISION rival....and More Insulting than that.....The Jete?! All I can say is wow

Good - I haven't been merely talking myself into this conclusion; it just made no sense to keep him any more. He would be platooning with Dorsett and Meyers for playing time, with an incentive laced contract and won't be a part of their future. Glad they could dump this contract on a stupid team, as I suspected the only reason they were now keeping him was not wanting to screw him over.

I think Gunner's solid performance as a punt returner was the final straw in making DT totally expendable as the WR7.
Yeah I don’t mind them trading him...even if nasty move it is a Business....but to one of our division rivals?! This would seem like a first

Thank God/Gaia/Satan/Flying Spaghetti Monster that Obi's back on the practice squad. I didn't know how I would sleep at night with him out there ready to be grabbed by some other team.
Safe indeed, till someone opens a spot on their 53 man roster and makes one phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing