PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cap $$ available, would you trade for Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP#40 said:
I bet he rooted for Ty Law (drugs and liar), Dave Meggett(List too long) Ted Johnson (wife beater) , didn't Ben Coates have a local girl friend while his wife was home with the kids? Did he root for Larry Bird after he heard he ignored his daughter? Spare me the moral BS.

Actually, he can speak for himself but for my part (AND the moral BS as you so eloquently refer to it) I root for certain individuals that I can relate to and for the team's overall performance. How you and for whom you choose to root for is up to you (and notice no judgemental BS included)........

Did I root individually for any of the players you mentioned? No, I did not. I'll be glad to give you a list of players that me made happier than others but I presume it would bore you....

Let's begin by saying the odds of this are happening are long, at best. But hell, speculation is a whole lot of fun.

If there's any way you can get Moss in here for one of our first's next year and a mid-round pick, you do it in a heartbeat. Then log onto Expedia and book your travel arrangements to Miami for February 4th. Add him to our group of tight ends and running game and the Pats offense becomes a nightmare to plan for and defend. And finally, with BB, Bruschi, Brady, Seau, Rodney, Seymour in the locker room, I don't see any way Moss gets out of line here. :eat3:

Clonamery said:
Actually, he can speak for himself but for my part (AND the moral BS as you so eloquently refer to it) I root for certain individuals that I can relate to and for the team's overall performance. How you and for whom you choose to root for is up to you (and notice no judgemental BS included)........

Did I root individually for any of the players you mentioned? No, I did not. I'll be glad to give you a list of players that me made happier than others but I presume it would bore you....
I'm curious, was Pat Tillman #40?

PATSNUTme said:
Moderators, is there any way we can get an automatic block and lock on any thread or post that contains Randy Moss?

I know,you can add Randy Moss to the dirty word list, like **** or ****.

This is about the 10th thread in the last month about trading for Moss. Enough is enough.

Let's have another thread about how Branch is a product of the system and that Brady can turn a below average WR into a #1. Take off the tinted shades, this team is in trouble at WR.

I'd rather spend my cap money on guys like Graham and Koppen.

Besides, Moss wouldn't be able to handle living in the shadow of future Hall of Famer Chad Jackson.

RIP#40 said:
Let's have another thread about how Branch is a product of the system and that Brady can turn a below average WR into a #1. Take off the tinted shades, this team is in trouble at WR.

At LB, too.

(Shades off)

Box_O_Rocks said:
I'm curious, was Pat Tillman #40?

Yes he was.Thus my screen name.

RIP#40 said:
Yes he was.Thus my screen name.
Thanks - I thought that was who you were honoring. I'm glad to see the "pare me the moral BS" was just an expression of passion in a football discussion. :cool:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Thanks - I thought that was who you were honoring. I'm glad to see the "pare me the moral BS" was just an expression of passion in a football discussion. :cool:

It's not that I don't believe in morals, I was trying to point out that we have probably all rooted for athletes that we wouldn't want to have as friends. Saying the Patriots shouldn't grab Moss (although most likely unavailable), because he is not "pure" enough is BS. The Patriots and other Boston sports teams have had their share of dubious character guys, we just choose to ignore them.

Personally, I'd rather discuss trading for a WR like Moss or Porter, than discussing how Practice Squad Players will be so good in our system that we don't need Moss. The practical reality is that we have zero wide receivers that we have much confidence for the 19 game season as #1 or #2, or even #3 wide receiver. We have at least $10M of cap money available. To me, that means that we will and should continue to assess and discuss our wide receiver possibilities.

Right now our most dependable receivers are Brown and Faulk (or only TD's). Both are injury risks if we continue to use them as our go-to receivers and as returners. But we go with what we have, as we should.

There is no question in my mind that the betting odds (and the reality) regarding our chances for a SB win would change dramatically if we were to trade for Moss. Do we need to dance on eggshells and say the missing piece right now is a top receiver, without mentioning names?

PATSNUTme said:
Moderators, is there any way we can get an automatic block and lock on any thread or post that contains Randy Moss?

I know,you can add Randy Moss to the dirty word list, like **** or ****.

This is about the 10th thread in the last month about trading for Moss. Enough is enough.

RIP#40 said:
.....he is not "pure" enough is BS. The Patriots and other Boston sports teams have had their share of dubious character guys, we just choose to ignore them.

I didn't indicate a need for purity....his on-field behaviour is unnecessary though. Saying other team leaders would control his demeanor is speculation. If I have a choice I'd take a lesser 'talent' with better self-discipline (and that's not saying he isn't a good teammater or that he's Koren Robinson).

Can we get Derrick Mason?

But I don't have a choice and never have......

Digger44 said:
Why are you posting this crap?

Do you feel questioning his posts adds value? Why are you posting that? And furthermore, why am I posting this? Somebody may disapprove.

I would like Moss here, and BB has said several positive things about him in the past. If the Pats signed Moss just think about how much we'd have to talk about then! Man that would be fun. Frankly, I'd rather discuss signing moss that Patrick Cobbs (who seems OK) or Bam Childress (who may be kinda good).

I take it back- I would LOVE Moss here.

Then again, I'm an idiot.

I'd prefer Terrell Owens to Randy Moss and I'm not even joking.

At least with TO you know he'll give you full effort during gametime. He might get in a shouting match because he's only been thrown the ball every other play but he won't take running plays off like Randy does.

Coming to NE would be a serious culture shock for Randy Moss and I'm not sure how well it would turn out.

RIP#40 said:
It's not that I don't believe in morals, I was trying to point out that we have probably all rooted for athletes that we wouldn't want to have as friends. Saying the Patriots shouldn't grab Moss (although most likely unavailable), because he is not "pure" enough is BS. The Patriots and other Boston sports teams have had their share of dubious character guys, we just choose to ignore them.
I didn't think you really had a problem with morals, and I'm so pure I don't even need to throw stones to break the glass house. It's more than morality in this case because we're talking about a player who, as far as I can see, has no fit in the Patriot locker room. The problem with the Cory Dillon trade hasn't been the "baggage" he was reportedly bringing, it's the subsequent expectation that this team can absorb "bad boys" without a sour note in the choir. In the transcript from yesterday's press conference, BB declines to speak for Brady on the Deioin Branch situation, noting that Brady can speak for himself and he (BB) represents the team. In that context Brady also represents the team and BB trusts him to do them proud. I caught a little of Randy Moss representing his team last night, it just reinforced why I dislike all things Raiders. I can appreciate individual players over there, but for the organization and culture, it's crap, and Moss fits in too well.

The only time I felt tempted about ***** **** was during the draft of that year.

Since then ***** **** has proven to be what he was suppose to be, a great talent, but a total jerk.

No thanks to ***** ****. Iwant to win as bad as the next guy, but not that bad.

Moss would be fine here, despite what the hysterical, irrational posters (they said the same things about that malcontent Corey Dillon 3 years ago) believe. But forget him for a moment. The Moss I'd like to see them trade for is SANTANA Moss.

Last edited:
LOL Great thread(sarcasm).

Randy Moss isnt coming to NWE this year, he isnt coming to NWE the next year and the year after that and so on. Keep dreaming. I'd take him in a heartbeat hes that good. But he aint coming. Dont get your hopes up.

fnordcircle said:
I'd prefer Terrell Owens to Randy Moss and I'm not even joking.

At least with TO you know he'll give you full effort during gametime. He might get in a shouting match because he's only been thrown the ball every other play but he won't take running plays off like Randy does.

Coming to NE would be a serious culture shock for Randy Moss and I'm not sure how well it would turn out.

On such things does the world turn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore