PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 . Trade Deadline . thread

Yes, but people want a Christmas present this year. Not to give up your bike and be told you will get another one, which may or may not be better, next year!

Personally, we go through this every year. Patriot fans want a big trade for some big name guy and BB gives us nothing... except wins.

That's so true that it made me laugh.

Winning is the best Christmas present any fan can get and we get more than any fans.

If the Browns franchise was a horse, it would have been put down years ago. Fans are idiots to be still spending money on that abomination.

I have much sympathy for Browns fans. All that I've met have been totally respectful. Plus, I was one of them until the Boston Patriots were born in 1960.

I used to go see Pats teams owned by Billy Sullivan and coached by Phil Bengtson in a stadium without running water. Hope springs eternal.

The Patriots were an up and down franchise, though.

Robbed of a very possible SB win in the 70's (5 winning seasons, 2 playoff appearances)
Fun SB run in the '80's (4 winning seasons, 3 playoff appearances, 1 SB appearance)
Fun SB run in the '90's (4 winning seasons, 4 playoff appearances, 1 SB appearance)

Cleveland's only reached the playoffs twice since 1989, and has only had 3 winning seasons in that time. Their last playoff win was when Bill Belichick was their head coach, for crying out loud.

I used to go see Pats teams owned by Billy Sullivan and coached by Phil Bengtson in a stadium without running water. Hope springs eternal.

The NYFL used to laugh at us. Not anymore. Now they cry about us.

Every time that I actually sit back and think about then and now, I can't help but smile.

It was a great ride and is still chugging along.

So quick question and it may already have been answered so please excuse the refire. We can still theoretically sign Nink at this point out of retirement as we never lost his rights correct? Can we still fix the pass rush piece?

So quick question and it may already have been answered so please excuse the refire. We can still theoretically sign Nink at this point out of retirement as we never lost his rights correct? Can we still fix the pass rush piece?
We could, but it’s certainly debatable as to whether or not he’d help. It sounded like his body was worn down quite a bit, and we know that he’s lost a couple of steps the past few years.

We could, but it’s certainly debatable as to whether or not he’d help. It sounded like his body was worn down quite a bit, and we know that he’s lost a couple of steps the past few years.
He also lost a lot of weight adjusting to life as a normal human.

He also lost a lot of weight adjusting to life as a normal human.
I’m not sure how often he’s working out or how much weight he’s losing, but you make a good point. That’s what happened with Koppen when he retired. I think he lost about 50 lbs fairly quickly, like within 6 months or so.

We traded for 4 players in August and September. The pick from SF is extremely valuable. A lower level trade was certainly possible. However, Belichick must believe that those available weren't worth the pick required. Blackson wasn't even worth signing. Belichick seems fine with what we have plus McClellan and Valentine. Of course, we also expect production from Gilmore, Rowe and Brown.

That FIVE contributors that will be added to the successful defense of the last couple of weeks.

With regard to the offense, Dorsett will continue to develop, and Hogan will be back. While we would have liked an upgrade at TE, that wasn't going to happen. Allen is what we need. Another TE coming in would need to come up to his level as a blocker almost immediately. Obviously, the key position of #8 receiving target would also be difficult to learn (it is probably close to #10 target).

...With regard to the offense, Dorsett will continue to develop...While we would have liked an upgrade at TE, that wasn't going to happen. Allen is what we need...
No he won't...and No he isn't.

I’m not sure how often he’s working out or how much weight he’s losing, but you make a good point. That’s what happened with Koppen when he retired. I think he lost about 50 lbs fairly quickly, like within 6 months or so.

So this was brought up during the pregame show that Nink was on and they were noting how "game-ready" he looked. He is still maintaining his workout regime and his ailments have had time to heal but the hosts were saying it would take money to get him back. Mayo on the other hand looks like a damn D-Back!

Don't think Wilfork has.
Kidding aside I hope Wilfy does. His Dad died young. Now's the time to shed close to 100 LBS and be around for his kids and theirs.

Please compare Dorsett's production with that of other #4 WR's under Belichick.

Other #4 WRs under Bill have proven to be productive with Brady; this guy hasn't proven a damn thing, yet, and I have doubts that he ever will.

Other #4 WRs under Bill have proven to be productive with Brady; this guy hasn't proven a damn thing, yet, and I have doubts that he ever will.
So, you say without data.

As do you, but if this guy hasn't helped us win vs Donkeys & Faiders, then we'll have our answer.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back