PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HYPOTHETICAL : What should the Pats do if Hogan is out long term?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is Malcolm Mitchell coming back? isn't he due back after the bye week?

Reiss reported he is not close to ready.
I’ve beem asking this for a while and haven’t gotten an answer. Did Reiss really report that or did he throw outa comment that it seemed to him mcclellin would be back sooner?
I don’t recall Reiss commenting at all about Mitchell’s injury/health and it was more just a he sees mcclellin around more type of comment.

I’ve beem asking this for a while and haven’t gotten an answer. Did Reiss really report that or did he throw outa comment that it seemed to him mcclellin would be back sooner?
I don’t recall Reiss commenting at all about Mitchell’s injury/health and it was more just a he sees mcclellin around more type of comment.

“My sense is that receiver Malcolm Mitchell, who was placed on IR on Sept. 7 (knee), is not close to being a consideration to begin practicing at this point, if at all this year.”
Could Malcolm Mitchell return in 2017?

Last edited:
I'm shooting for the stars Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald with Cooks in the slot and Admendola in 4 wr sets.

I don't think that the league will give us a waiver from the salary cap.

He COULD, instead of Valentine. It isn't clear that rushing him back will help[ his career, or this season for the patriots.
Do you mean valentine, Mitchell
or both?

Hear Colts will listen to offers for TY Hilton.

That would be a very interesting option.

The Steelers would sooner bury Bryant on the bench then trade him to the Patriots and for all we know Megatron is 350lbs.
Bryant isn't all that great to begin with, and he gives every sign of not being bright enough for the Pats offense.

If Hogan is out for the year then I think we’d have to give serious consideration to bringing Mitchell back, even if that means sitting Valentine for the year. As it stands now, I prefer bringing VV back—as long as Hogan is going to return quickly.

As far as realistic outsiders go, the only guy that I’d feel comfortable with (who is realistic) would be Anquan Boldin. His experience and football intelligence sets him apart from all of the other options, and I think he could pick the system up quicker than anyone else.
Why would they bring Mitchell back if he's too injured to be effective?

Multiple reports have cast doubt on his returning this year.

Multiple reports have cast doubt on his returning this year.
Are there others that don’t just base it in Reiss’ speculation?

Are there others that don’t just base it in Reiss’ speculation?
I think Reiss is drawing conclusions based on evidence we do not have. Given his credibility, I tend to think this is more than speculation.

OT here: Did Jamie Collins get a SB ring from last season? He was traded in October but I didn't know how that works. I know it may be dumb....

I think Reiss is drawing conclusions based on evidence we do not have. Given his credibility, I tend to think this is more than speculation.
I think If reiss has information he discloses it. When he dorsnt it’s a guess and he couches it as such.
He is always pretty straight forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye