PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HYPOTHETICAL : What should the Pats do if Hogan is out long term?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there others that don’t just base it in Reiss’ speculation?
Well, I'm pretty sure I heard similar from Bedard and Curran. I suppose they could be basing it off of Reiss, but I think it's unlikely.

I think If reiss has information he discloses it. When he dorsnt it’s a guess and he couches it as such.
He is always pretty straight forward.
We could find out as early as next week. If they bring back Valentine, Mitchell is done.

Well, I'm pretty sure I heard similar from Bedard and Curran. I suppose they could be basing it off of Reiss, but I think it's unlikely.
I seem to remember his speculation leading to other reports. That happens a lot.

We've heard SM is at practice and we've heard V2 is at practice. Has there been any news M2 is even at practice jogging, stretching, playing catch with a dorito dink? I don't keep up with it at all but what little I do follow I have not heard anything on Mitchell out there participating in any form.

Because we know his time is short, anyone reckon the number :) Mitchell wears being at practice?

We've heard SM is at practice and we've heard V2 is at practice. Has there been any news M2 is even at practice jogging, stretching, playing catch with a dorito dink? I don't keep up with it at all but what little I do follow I have not heard anything on Mitchell out there participating in any form.

Because we know his time is short, anyone reckon the number :) Mitchell wears being at practice?
Valentine has not practiced

Why would they bring Mitchell back if he's too injured to be effective?
Obviously, the last I had heard was that the preference was to make Valentine and McClellin active—as in a choice was being made.

I didn’t realize that there was never a choice to begin with. Had we all known that, there would have been a lot less discussion about who to activate these past few weeks.

you're all up in arms and disconcerted because of one basic FACT...there is no Edelman. His was a HUGE loss. The team is moving forward and it's having its' difficulties. This is NORMAL. Why many of you cannot TRUST the greatest coach in NFL football history to iron out the problems by the playoffs is well beyond my meager comprehension.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand, Joker.
As of right now, we don't know what's wrong with Hogan. Best case scenario is that he misses the Denver game and then is back.. But that's wishful thinking, in my honest opinion.

What's up with Josh Gordon, is he done?

Do you mean valentine, Mitchell
or both?

I expect that McClellan will be on the team in the next few days, with Hightower sent to IR.

Mitchell could be signed instead of Valentine.

I believe that Mitchell is unlikely since he hasn't participated in anything for a long time while Valentine has been participating. Yes, I fear that bringing back Mitchell early could hurt his career. I do see him as injury-prone, and I think he could have a fine future for us. He's already shown a lot.

IMHO, we need Valentine. However, I do agree with your inference. It is indeed possible that Valentine isn't physically ready in which case Belichick may keep him out until next year. In this case, we would use the Practice Squad or trade block for a backup DT.

Nothin major IMO. Dorsett will get more snaps and see if he can play, my gut tell s me he could do well with more looks.

I expect that McClellan will be on the team in the next few days, with Hightower sent to IR.

Mitchell could be signed instead of Valentine.

I believe that Mitchell is unlikely since he hasn't participated in anything for a long time while Valentine has been participating. Yes, I fear that bringing back Mitchell early could hurt his career. I do see him as injury-prone, and I think he could have a fine future for us. He's already shown a lot.

IMHO, we need Valentine. However, I do agree with your inference. It is indeed possible that Valentine isn't physically ready in which case Belichick may keep him out until next year. In this case, we would use the Practice Squad or trade block for a backup DT.
Well you’ve worked your way around to my point which is you really have no information about the current state of health of either player but made an assumption as if you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes