PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HYPOTHETICAL : What should the Pats do if Hogan is out long term?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will be the # 1 receiver if he's gone for any length of time? Personally
, I think they should try to get Cobb from GB or ask Boldin to come out of retirement.

They keep winning cos it’s what they do - Andy Johnson.

I don't think they could do much better than Dorsett and he already knows the offense.

you're all up in arms and disconcerted because of one basic FACT...there is no Edelman. His was a HUGE loss. The team is moving forward and it's having its' difficulties. This is NORMAL. Why many of you cannot TRUST the greatest coach in NFL football history to iron out the problems by the playoffs is well beyond my meager comprehension.

Who will be the # 1 receiver if he's gone for any length of time? Personally
, I think they should try to get Cobb from GB or ask Boldin to come out of retirement.
There isn't a snowball's chance in hell the Jills would trade AB to NE

Edelman will be 32 before next season...coming off an acl tear...wide receivers with his style of play typically don't age well..

We need to start preparing for the future without Edelman...he may only have 1-2 good years left.

Basically what I am saying is this offense needs a plan for a future without a receiver like Edelman because he is irreplaceable

whats with the unlucky H’s lately? Hayward (dif sport ;)), Hightower, Hogan...o_O

remember, the rules are:

1) the other team has to pay anything owed to the receiver that comes to the Pats;
2) the other team absorbs the remaining cap hit of any players that we trade.

Something like that.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell the Jills would trade AB to NE
They might, but it could be cost prohibitive.

Right now, the Bills aren’t getting anything at all from Boldin, so they’d probably be happy to have a draft pick fall into their laps. It’s possible a 5th would get it done, as other teams aren’t likely to give up more than a 6th or 7th.

Still a long shot and if Hogan is going to return in the next few weeks, completely unnecessary.

get bryant from the steelers but i doubt they trade to us.

we need another body.

Edelman will be 32 before next season...coming off an acl tear...wide receivers with his style of play typically don't age well..

We need to start preparing for the future without Edelman...he may only have 1-2 good years left.

Basically what I am saying is this offense needs a plan for a future without a receiver like Edelman because he is irreplaceable

Martavis Bryant, Cole Beasley would work.

I'm shooting for the stars Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald with Cooks in the slot and Admendola in 4 wr sets.

I'm shooting for the stars Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald with Cooks in the slot and Admendola in 4 wr sets.

Cooks is not a slot guy..he's an outside deep threat

I'd settle for Cameron Brate TE Bucs. They have OJ Howard taking over and Brate is heading into RFA 2018 (not drafted - UDFA in 2014).

Calvin Johnson or Anquan Boldin would be cool. Not sure what they have left in the tank, but they could at least play decoy.
Realistically, I think if we could get Devin Lucien back, and he's not injured, he could play a role.

Colts are shopping Hilton...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye