PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer: Patriots have "interest" in Sam Darnold

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s legitimately no chance in Hell the Patriots are interested in Darnold as a starter. He’s trash. They may like him as a back-up, but even then that’s iffy at best.

Well, duh, just about all the qbs that played in a Super Bowl were drafted by some team. How many qbs were never drafted and still played in a super bowl?
How many QBs have won or gone to Super Bowls that were not drafted by that team?

It shouldnt take you too long to add them up.

The Pats need to draft someone in a QB rich draft, they should draft someone high up and go get their man... not **** around by standing pat or trading back.

That being said Darnold still has another year on his deal, I wouldn't trade anything for him, maybe a 6th... but if they cut him I would bring him or even Trubisky to camp as a cheap no risk reclamation project.

Why? Look at Ryan Tannehill with Adam Gase, and look at him now without Gase... the answer is simple.

There’s legitimately no chance in Hell the Patriots are interested in Darnold as a starter. He’s trash. They may like him as a back-up, but even then that’s iffy at best.
Sam would come very cheap.

I wonder what jersey number Sam will pick?

How many QBs have won or gone to Super Bowls that were not drafted by that team?

It shouldnt take you too long to add them up.

Just off the top of my head (winners only)....

Eli Manning (2) ouch that hurts
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Brett Favre
Jim Plunkett (2) I see a pattern here
Doug Williams
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson

The Pats may have interest....I don't.

Doubt they'd be happy to see him in NE, but maybe we can convince the Jets' "brain trust," given their dismal track record, that they should start doing the exact OPPOSITE of what their brains tell them to do.

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Brett Favre
Doug Williams
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson

He's pleasingly bland, determinedly incompetent. Sort of your paradigmatic 21st-century man. Ideal as a backup, in a position where you hope he'll have no role whatever. Look real nice sitting there on the bench, contemplating woke banalities and dreaming of Bimini.

He's pleasingly bland, determinedly incompetent. Sort of your paradigmatic 21st-century man. Ideal as a backup, in a position where you hope he'll have no role whatever. Look real nice sitting there on the bench, contemplating woke banalities and dreaming of Bimini.
If you approve of my post, you may call me "Thel," which, oddly enough, is my favorite poem by William Blake, as T. Sphere Monk is one of my favorite musicians. Very odd how the world is constructed, I find.

HAHA

The draft isnt? Denver had to spend draft capital and a player to get Elway.

The Brad Johnsons and the Trent Dilfers are few and far between 1 hit wonders.
Always hilarious when someone points out the two QB's in the last 25 years who weren't great that won Super Bowls to make some sort of point.

Always hilarious when someone points out the two QB's in the last 25 years who weren't great that won Super Bowls to make some sort of point.
Meh. I found it more apt than hilarious. You're easily amused. I envy that.

You won't be laughing when the Pats bring some rummy and try to win a super bowl.

You won't be laughing when the Pats bring some rummy and try to win a super bowl.
I just don't want a bridge guy again with no young guy waiting in the wings. It would end up as another lost year.

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Brett Favre
Doug Williams
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson
A few more,
Unitas
curt warner
steve young
earl morrall

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Brett Favre
Doug Williams
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson
The majority of teams that won super bowls have drafted QBs

Eli never played a down for another team. I'm fine with the Pats prying Lawrence away from the Jets.

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Brett Favre
Doug Williams
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson
I forgot to include Colts draft pick, John Elway (4).

Sure he and Eli basically forced a trade, maybe Lawrence will do the same, LOL forcing the Jets to trade him to the Pats! That would be hilarious!!

I think the JEts would fold as a franchise before they did that.

If we had the team to back it up i wouldn’t be against having a bridge guy. But if we had the team to back it up Brady would probably have stayed.

So like we don’t have a team ready to win, I don’t want a bridge guy, I want the futur guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back