PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Cooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

New England Pride

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Is anyone concerned that he's not playing very effectively yet? I know it's still early, but we need to find a way to get this guy more involved.

I was underwhelmed by him today. He got muscled around trying to get back inside on a slant early, and I saw him getting jammed pretty good a few other times. Then it seemed like Brady ignored him until he had absolutely no pass catchers left to throw to.

Thoughts/opinions?

Like I said after game one, it's pretty obvious to most that they're not really on the same page yet. Romo spoke on the subject during the game.

As the weeks go on, they should develop more of a positive QB/WR relationship. It may take a little while. Cooks is certainly a nice piece to have.

Like I said after game one, it's pretty obvious to most that they're not really on the same page yet. Romo spoke on the subject during the game.

As the weeks go on, they should develop more of a positive QB/WR relationship. It may take a little while. Cooks is certainly a nice piece to have.

I guess expectations for me were a little high. Especially with the Edelman injury. I just can't think of too many guys that started slow with Brady and really got a good chemistry going other than Amendola.

It's not exactly the situation they had planned for him.

Edelman and Amendola were supposed to be working the middle opening up the longer passing routes for Cooks.

Now it's just scrambling to make what they've got work

azLmG_f-maxage-0.gif

Despite getting a lot of attention from defenders, Brandin Cooks had 2 catches for 37 yards and an end-around for 13 today - and Dorsett probably didn't get the attention that he should have. And Gronk had a "statement" game.

Once Amendola is healthy (next week?), as long as everyone else who got dinged up today is okay, the Pats will shortly have (again) too many guys for defenses to keep covered - Cooks included.

I'm not worried.

Is anyone concerned that he's not playing very effectively yet? I know it's still early, but we need to find a way to get this guy more involved.

I was underwhelmed by him today. He got muscled around trying to get back inside on a slant early, and I saw him getting jammed pretty good a few other times. Then it seemed like Brady ignored him until he had absolutely no pass catchers left to throw to.

Thoughts/opinions?

He was wide open for a TD and brady underthrew him severely so he only caught the ball at the 1. Offensive line may have forced brady to hurry

Had brady threw that ball on target Cooks would have had a 30 yard TD reception and there wouldn't be this thread

After 2 games, cooks is on pace for 1000 yards receiving. Let's not get too worried just yet

IMO (Albeit, not at the moment due to injuries) Cooks is luxury piece in this offense. If Edelman, DA, Money Mitch weren't injured, Cooks would just be some damn good icing on the cake to have.

He'll come along as he & Brady develop more of a rapport in the coming weeks/ months.

IMO (Albeit, not at the moment due to injuries) Cooks is luxury piece in this offense. If Edelman, DA, Money Mitch weren't injured, Cooks would just be some damn good icing on the cake to have.

Cooks is the most talented out of all of the
BB traded away a first and third round pick for him, he's never done that before

Are we not considering that he might be a heavy focus for defenses because he's our most talented WR?

Hell, at the end of the game he might be our only receiver....

Cooks is the most talented out of all of the
BB traded away a first and third round pick for him, he's never done that befor
Agree, but he's the only one that doesn't have a rapport with Brady. Also, Brady's already won with the rest of them, so he doesn't NEED Cooks. That was my point. But as a separate argument; you're right, he is the most talented.

He was wide open for a TD and brady underthrew him severely so he only caught the ball at the 1. Offensive line may have forced brady to hurry

Had brady threw that ball on target Cooks would have had a 30 yard TD reception and there wouldn't be this thread

Solder was getting manhandled again so Brady had to get rid of it.

That was a nice adjustment, but im still making this thread if Brady gets him a better ball and he scores.

I guess I am missing something because I felt he was one of a handful of player played well last week. Could have had a monster game if Brady was on last week.

Not worried about cooks at all

He's your typical boom or bust stat line player

One week he'll have 2 catches for 37 yards another week he'll have 4 catches for 130 yards and a TD.

He will never be a 8-12 catch per game type guy. Cooks opens up defenses. He does a lot. Takes a safety away from the middle of the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down