PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Cooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there'd be anything about the offense I'm concerned about (aside from injuries), I'd point towards the OL. Definitely not concerned about Cooks at this point. I think he'll come along just fine.

Well, at least you know he'll never have a back problem, since he was apparently born without a backbone.

Everyone and their brother predicted that the Pats would go to Cooks frequently given injuries and Cooks' return to N.O.

So of course Belichick and Brady opted to go to the guys who were open as a result

It's called situational game strategy

You would think that with Edelman, MM, 'Dola's injuries that Cooks would benefit from it but it's actually opposite. Opposing D can key on him and limiting him where if those players were available then our O game plan would be much different and JMac would have different pkgs to work with along with Gronk and RBs. I'm not giving up on Cooks yet it's only 2 games with him and in time it will only get better.

As long as Cooks continues to develop and progress in this offense, I'm great with the move. He's obviously very talented and should be quite a piece to have in the coming months.

Branden Cooks is a bust

Branden Cooks is a bust

Whew, glad we cleared that up. Everybody stop talking about him picking up the offense, getting in synch with Brady, longer routes having time to develop or whatever. We have an answer.

He was once extremely promising, smart, hard-working, and gifted. He USED to be a lock for 1000 receiving yards, but he can only do that with Brees. Two weeks in New England have rendered Cooks a bust from this day forward, world without end, amen.

Thanks for the heads up dude.

1000 yards is Brandon Lloyd numbers. Surely I had higher expectations than Brandon Lloyd.

Lloyd had 911 yards in the season when Welker had 1354.

Anyway, in an offense with Gronk, (initially) Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell and 3 RBs who can catch out of the backfield, you were expecting Cooks to rack up Randy Moss numbers?

This is the kind of thing that will do a 180 when he has one good game, then come back when the vertical game is just not the best play that week. Our love of stats is a bad match for the way this team plays football, showing a different face game after game.

I would imagine that Ireland might have had a vibrant agrarian economy prior to a blight striking the single species of potato that was cultivated there. The Pats know better. Since the beginning of our current run, we've been regularly treated to awestruck talk of how many receivers Brady targeted in a game.

Now, if Cooks remains a low producer week after week for 16 weeks (or some substantial part of that,) fine.

We just ain't there yet.

Fans gotta ***** about something anything, stay tuned to Boston Sportstalk radio who have a need to stir up some sort of dissension to discuss this further...

Back to reality, when the season started the Pats were extremely deep with quality WR's: Amendola, Edelman, Cooks, Hogan then they added Dorsett... along with Gronk, White, Burkhead and Lewis our pass catching players were extremely deep.. then the injury bug hit, .. if he remains healthy it will evolve.. this is a very complicated Offense most of which is based on timing and being in sync.

Lloyd had 911 yards in the season when Welker had 1354.

Anyway, in an offense with Gronk, (initially) Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell and 3 RBs who can catch out of the backfield, you were expecting Cooks to rack up Randy Moss numbers?
...and WW was frozen out for 3 games.

Now, if Cooks remains a low producer week after week for 16 weeks (or some substantial part of that,) fine.

Honestly I was expecting more from Cooks as well.

But then I went and looked at reality and currently Cooks is #24 in the NFL for yards. Gronk is #9. How many top 10 receivers can the Patriots have? And I mean really don't want less, since how many people said Brady was better when his favorite receiver was the open one?

Also, if Cooks had 21 more yards he would be a top 10 receiver in the NFL. So really if one of the PI calls had been a catch instead he would be. So arguably at this point his "low" production is really statistical noise. And honestly if Cooks is getting 86% of the snaps and that Patriots are putting up 447 passing yards he must be doing something right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back