PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Cooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 2 games, cooks is on pace for 1000 yards receiving. Let's not get too worried just yet

1000 yards is Brandon Lloyd numbers. Surely I had higher expectations than Brandon Lloyd.

Is anyone concerned that he's not playing very effectively yet? I know it's still early, but we need to find a way to get this guy more involved.

I was underwhelmed by him today. He got muscled around trying to get back inside on a slant early, and I saw him getting jammed pretty good a few other times. Then it seemed like Brady ignored him until he had absolutely no pass catchers left to throw to.

Thoughts/opinions?
We threw for 440 yards. We completed 30 passes scored 36 points and had 29 first downs. I don't think we had any trouble with targeting the right people.

He was open a bunch of times and the ball went to someone else

They should trade him for a sixth round pick in 2024There's a QB who will be starting at Montana State who will be a sleeper steal in that draft.

Until the offense became such a M*A*S*H unit that the team went into "just don't get hurt" mode, this was a beat down of epic proportions, which got 9 receivers involved in the game and was virtually unstoppable.

That being the case, why the hell are we worried about Cooks in his second game with the team, and with the team having to re-invent its offense on the fly? If we're going to go that route, shouldn't we be shouting with joy at the progress of Dorsett?

Is this a ****ing joke put this up there with the stupid Brady threads from last weak. Cooks has a td today if Brady gets time and has a Td last week if Brady didn't under throw him when he got the PI

Saints fan next to me at the bar joked that the one three and out sandwiched between multiple quick touchdown drives was clear evidence the Patriots offense is bad. Based on this and other threads, I suspect there may be Patriots fans who actually believe that.

Is anyone concerned that he's not playing very effectively yet? I know it's still early, but we need to find a way to get this guy more involved.

I was underwhelmed by him today. He got muscled around trying to get back inside on a slant early, and I saw him getting jammed pretty good a few other times. Then it seemed like Brady ignored him until he had absolutely no pass catchers left to throw to.

Thoughts/opinions?
No. You're the only one who's concerned. I'm underwhelmed by you today. Jesus H. Christ...

He was wide open for a TD and brady underthrew him severely so he only caught the ball at the 1. Offensive line may have forced brady to hurry

Had brady threw that ball on target Cooks would have had a 30 yard TD reception and there wouldn't be this thread
Oh, yes there would...;)

He was wide open for a TD and brady underthrew him severely so he only caught the ball at the 1. Offensive line may have forced brady to hurry

Had brady threw that ball on target Cooks would have had a 30 yard TD reception and there wouldn't be this thread

That wasn't Brady's fault. He had a ton of pressure on him as Solder missed his block. Brady barely got the throw off, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back