PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Cooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that was a spelling joke, dude.

Oooo clever, got right by me. If so, drop the quoted piece and apply it to a stronger form of the OP, to create a suitable straw man to oppose.

In any event, it's funny that his two week tally is right on a 1000 yard pace... and we all agree we want/can expect more.

I drafted him in fantasy too. Don't get me wrong. Bring on the breakout game! But so far he ain't Moss-like, at least not that we've seen, but the key is, it's sort of silly to expect him to be.

Ps, I do like that his problem w/Brees was that he might not have the arm strength to use him... solution: play w Brady instead!

At least, that's what his eye test said.

Avacado ice cream ftw!

Anyway, I still think that it would be a bad idea to get thin at the Brand(o)/(e)/(I)n position.

Brandon Lloyd had 74 receptions for 911 yards.. It was also noted that the reason he wasn't back was his work ethic..

PS, may as well say it, while we're on numbers... by his current yards per catch, 74 receptions puts Cooks at 1850 yards for the year.

Lloyd was a disappointment not because he only had 911 yards. But because he averaged only 12.3 yards/rec and caught only 56.5% of passes. Excluding 2007(when he had only 2 catches) that was the lowest of his career, and 2.7 yards lower than his career average. And even that 12.3 is inflated by the almost-comeback against SF when he had 10 for 190.

Basically Lloyd failed massively on the eye test, despite the relatively high number of yards.

Lloyd averaged about 2 yards YAC, in other words he fell down every time he caught the ball, that's why he failed the eye test. He sucked.

I guess I am missing something because I felt he was one of a handful of player played well last week. Could have had a monster game if Brady was on last week.

Didnt he draw 3 or 4 pi calls in week 1? If that's not doing well I put my hands up in air. Heis the least of our worries right now. Pretty much a superstar that is going to catch on and make some big plays at some point. Often.

Didnt he draw 3 or 4 pi calls in week 1? If that's not doing well I put my hands up in air. Heis the least of our worries right now. Pretty much a superstar that is going to catch on and make some big plays at some point. Often.
He had two DPI calls against him in week one, and also drew a holding call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes