PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's dad claims Bill may be "On the hot seat"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a lost year because he didn’t want to rebuild, he thought he could still win with any QB
We had a lost year because he misevaluated Stidham, not because he thought the QB position was irrelevant

Lol yes 7-9 and 12-4 are the same thing. I would have gladly moved back 8 spots in the draft to make the playoffs and win the AFCE again.
You can't have your cake and eat it too, we were *****ing because we didn't wanna be stuck in perpetual mediocrity, which is what we were last year. Mediocre (especially in the 2nd half of the year) with not enough resources in the short term to be better than that

We had a lost year because he misevaluated Stidham, not because he thought the QB position was irrelevant
Thinking a 4th round pick could step onto that putrid roster and have success is easily the biggest misevaluation of his career if true.

Thinking a 4th round pick could step onto that putrid roster and have success is easily the biggest misevaluation of his career if true.
If he could've stepped in, showed some ability to lead the team, and still ended up 7-9 then yes that would've been a success imo. Because everyone with a brain knows it is beyond the QB position. Instead, we are where we are now; still a bad roster but now with the same question at QB. I feel like the biggest mistake was in Stidham's evaluation but Brady wouldn't have done much else for us except get us a worse 1st round pick

Did the Colts get ripped anywhere near the way we're getting ripped when Manning left and set records in Denver? Am I just forgetting that?
As always, too much winning in New England brought this on.

After Tampa won and people realized Brady is going to the SB again, the #1 response in my facebook feed from even casual NFL fans: this is so boring. Enough already. Let Americans enjoy the game. Don't be so selfish.

Winning a lot = selfishness

I don't think it's too crazy to think Stidham could've panned out to be at least a middle of the pack guy like Miami Tannehill or SF Alex Smith. We all liked him (well most of us) from what we saw in the preseason, same way we liked JG. It's not like they put all their eggs in the Danny Etling basket.

But yea, obviously they were wrong. However it isn't all about the QB position. Brady didn't do too hot with this group either. It goes beyond a "They let Brady go now they suck lol" problem and is way more about the poor roster management/drafting than anything else. Nobody is gonna care about that though lol
Alex Smith was a 1st overall pick. Tannehill was an 8th overall pick. Their expectations were to be great and they settled at average. Stidham was a 4th round QB. Statistically there was a 90% chance he was going to be a flat out bust and the 10% ranged everywhere from below average stopgap to stud. Stidham was always going to be a long shot and unless they were already seeing something that gave them supreme confidence, it wasn’t a good bet to have him being your only option nearly all off season.

A team might draft a first round QB and make it clear that the team is rolling with the guy and seeing if they hit, no team would do that with a 4th round Stidham. It’s too shaky. He’s the type of guy you get to be behind a guy like Tom Brady to see if he’s any good while you don’t need him.

So letting Tom walk when Stidham was the only guaranteed option was highly irresponsible imo. Because it doesn’t just effect this year. Even if you thought Brady wouldn’t make difference this year, now we are rebuilding with no viable QB. When we could have reboot with Brady and if he declined, then at that point we can start looking for the next guy to come to a built team

If he could've stepped in, showed some ability to lead the team, and still ended up 7-9 then yes that would've been a success imo. Because everyone with a brain knows it is beyond the QB position. Instead, we are where we are now; still a bad roster but now with the same question at QB. I feel like the biggest mistake was in Stidham's evaluation but Brady wouldn't have done much else for us except get us a worse 1st round pick
I would still rather have had Brady taking us to the post-season while we look for the next guy. For him not to retire a Patriot is absurd on every level. I think that is the hardest part.

2019 was a rebuilding year, Kraft is keenly aware of that as much as Bill... it's the fans, media and Tom's dad who were completely unprepared.

I would still rather have had Brady taking us to the post-season while we look for the next guy. For him not to retire a Patriot is absurd on every level. I think that is the hardest part.
Blame Brady, if he wasn't such a ****ing try hard and just retired with all the money he'll ever need and ate some damn chain pizza every day it woulda been easier

Ya because Brady’s father knows

You can't have your cake and eat it too, we were *****ing because we didn't wanna be stuck in perpetual mediocrity, which is what we were last year. Mediocre (especially in the 2nd half of the year) with not enough resources in the short term to be better than that
I have no idea what you're talking about. In 2018 we looked pretty mediocre most of the year and we won the super bowl. When you have one of the best QB's in the league in the post season anything can happen. I would rather make the playoffs and find a guy for the future than not make the playoffs and still have to find a guy for the future.

IDK I think we did have a succession plan. We were just wrong (Stidham). And still ended up a game out of .500 with a bottom-tier roster. I think it all boils down to just wanting to shove it up BB's ass.
That’s Linda’s job.

I have no idea what you're talking about. In 2018 we looked pretty mediocre most of the year and we won the super bowl. When you have one of the best QB's in the league in the post season anything can happen. I would rather make the playoffs and find a guy for the future than not make the playoffs and still have to find a guy for the future.
Ok and I'd rather win the lottery than work the rest of my life

Who did Don Yee send the pod cast script to first.....

Tommy's Daddy?
or
The Brady camp's most willing useful mediot, the self-impressed Tom Curran?

Ok and I'd rather win the lottery than work the rest of my life
I am not sure how you think 23 to 15 in the draft is really going to make a big different in finding a franchise QB.

I am not sure how you think 23 to 15 in the draft is really going to make a big different in finding a franchise QB.
It could make the difference at the other dozen positions we need improvement at

It’s weird because some don’t want Brady because we couldn’t go to the SB with him and they don’t want to make the playoffs and draft too low but get offended when some talked about starting Stidham to pick high.

So basically they want to win but not too much but don’t want to lose too much either.

It’s weird because some don’t want Brady because we couldn’t go to the SB with him and they don’t want to make the playoffs and draft too low but get offended when some talked about starting Stidham to pick high.

So basically they want to win but not too much but don’t want to lose too much either.
If I ruled the world we'd've kept Brady loaded up and gone for one last run. But the reality is he's 43, and doesn't have time to wait potentially 3-4 years for this team to rebuild and be a true contender. It would be like 2009-2013 all over again, except probably without finding an all-time great talent at one of the offensive skill positions.

And crazy idea: it's not as black and white as you're making it out to be. There is room for some nuance, even on the internet.

I don't think anyone said that about Brady - that they didn't want him because we couldn't go to the SB with him.

As for Stidham we didn't want him to start simply because all the evidence we have says he is an awful NFL QB and not an upgrade over Cam Newton. It isn't more complicated than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft