PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's dad claims Bill may be "On the hot seat"

Status
Not open for further replies.
TB12 Sr. is always good for a note-worthy interview.

Not sure BB is on the "hot seat" but if he misses the playoffs again/has a losing record he most definitely will be on notice.

I have more faith in Brady. 2019 was about OL injuries. No one can overcome 4 OL injuries.
2 injuries for sure, and 2 that were maybe hurting/definitely sucking.

Beetle was saying yesterday that he counted four different media outlets Brady Sr talked to (Zo hinted he may be interviewing him as well). I don't know if that is true but you would think if Tom did want him to shut up he wouldn't have done four different interviews.

Beetle was saying yesterday that he counted four different media outlets Brady Sr talked to (Zo hinted he may be interviewing him as well). I don't know if that is true but you would think if Tom did want him to shut up he wouldn't have done four different interviews.
I doubt Tom has any issues with his Dad. He is not on the Pats anymore with all that media restriction.

I doubt Tom has any issues with his Dad. He is not on the Pats anymore with all that media restriction.
That is what I am thinking. It seems to be a "rub Bill's face in it" tour and is acting as Brady's mouthpiece. I know Zo and Beetle also floated a theory a week or two ago that Brady and Gronk and those goofy videos they are doing for the Bucs website are a subliminal message to the Patriots locker room that you can win and have fun. Probably a reach but there does seem to be a lot of mentions about how "fun" things are down there.

That is what I am thinking. It seems to be a "rub Bill's face in it" tour and is acting as Brady's mouthpiece. I know Zo and Beetle also floated a theory a week or two ago that Brady and Gronk and those goofy videos they are doing for the Bucs website are a subliminal message to the Patriots locker room that you can win and have fun. Probably a reach but there does seem to be a lot of mentions about how "fun" things are down there.
For sure. When you win, you get to talk. I really didn't think his dad say anything crazy at all. He did share some nice insights on Tom which I liked hearing about.

I hope Brady St has at least attempted an accidental ass-grab of his daughter in law.

For sure. When you win, you get to talk. I really didn't think his dad say anything crazy at all. He did share some nice insights on Tom which I liked hearing about.
If you listen to Tom Sr. on Curran’s podcast he’s very complimentary of the Patriots and when given the opportunity to take a shot he passed on it.

I think the more interesting thing from that podcast was before Tom Sr. came on Curran described a bit of what happened during the last call in March 2020 between Bill and Tom. Brady was a free agent for the first time but wanted to give the Pats one last shot before going anywhere else. Curran said Bill on the call acted like Brady was still employee #12 and not a free agent, saying we’re only gonna be able to pay him $22m. Brady had hoped there would be a change of tune about a 2 year deal but knew from the call that his time in New England was over. The Patriots never made an offer to Brady before he hit Free Agency. Bill didn’t want him anymore.

If you listen to Tom Sr. on Curran’s podcast he’s very complimentary of the Patriots and when given the opportunity to take a shot he passed on it.

I think the more interesting thing from that podcast was before Tom Sr. came on Curran described a bit of what happened during the last call in March 2020 between Bill and Tom. Brady was a free agent for the first time but wanted to give the Pats one last shot before going anywhere else. Curran said Bill on the call acted like Brady was still employee #12 and not a free agent, saying we’re only gonna be able to pay him $22m. Brady had hoped there would be a change of tune about a 2 year deal but knew from the call that his time in New England was over. The Patriots never made an offer to Brady before he hit Free Agency. Bill didn’t want him anymore.
So unbelievable.

2019 was a rebuilding year, Kraft is keenly aware of that as much as Bill... it's the fans, media and Tom's dad who were completely unprepared.
Maybe you can enlighten us about the foundational pieces Belichick laid into place in the "rebuilding year."

Also, explain why he franchised Thuney in a rebuilding year.

Why waste your time with an obvious bum at quarterback when you have an untested recent draft pick available to take snaps in a lost season that's more about rebuilding than winning?

Maybe you can enlighten us about the foundational pieces Belichick laid into place in the "rebuilding year."

Also, explain why he franchised Thuney in a rebuilding year.

Why waste your time with an obvious bum at quarterback when you have an untested recent draft pick available to take snaps in a lost season that's more about rebuilding than winning?
You mean Pick Six Stidham? Untested? No. He blows. Proven beyond a doubt last year.

This guy should get playing time? What on earth for?

Last edited:
I doubt it. Coach and QB are two biggest needs in the NFL and you don't compound the problem by then getting rid of the greatest coach of all time.

Did Bill handle the situation poorly? Yes. But one bad season isn't going to be the end of Bill in new england. He should be afforded the right to put together a competitive team.

Let's see what this team looks like after free agency and the draft and trades.

I agree, he's not on the hot seat this year.

Another losing season this year, then he might be on the hot seat next year. No team has infinite patience.

I don't get this. Pats players over last years have done "fun" videos. For example, the Amendola & Squirrel cop series.

I agree, he's not on the hot seat this year.

Another losing season this year, then he might be on the hot seat next year. No team has infinite patience.
I believe Bill has exactly 3 offseasons to rebuild this team into a Super Bowl contender. It's the same amount of time where the Bills did it. The Rex Ryan Bills 3 seasons ago were us. .500ish team, good running game, defense good in spots and not much else - so no reason why we shouldn't be able to build a contender in the same timeframe that they did it.

Doubtful Bill gets more than that.

But firing Bill now before he gets a chance to rebuild would be a mistake that inflicts a lot of pain on the organization for probably at least the rest of the decade.

Last edited:
Stafford disses New England, Amendola disses Belichick, all football commentators are talking about BBs losing record without Brady, boy--Belichick is being destroyed left and right.

Gotta wonder how this is all sitting with him.

This is adding fuel to the fire. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Stafford disses New England, Amendola disses Belichick, all football commentators are talking about BBs losing record without Brady, boy--Belichick is being destroyed left and right.

Gotta wonder how this is all sitting with him.

This is adding fuel to the fire. And I wouldn't want it any other way.
But good God is it obnoxious

Sr Citizen with more SB wins than any other coach and who has cemented his legacy with a HOF career has a 7-9 less than 23mo after winning his most recent SB. HOT SEAT !!!!

When’s the last time Ray Charles had a new #1 hit ? Or the Eagles ? Did Usain Bolt run under 10s this year in the 100 ? How many medals did M Phelps grab lately ?

HOT SEAT for ALL OF THEM !!!!!!! Even the deceased ones !!!!

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents