PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's dad claims Bill may be "On the hot seat"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Tom Sr with Curran and he was complimentary of Bill and took no shots at him. Curran even joked about that to Tom Sr. Being a father of young men the same age as Brady I applaud the high road that Tom Sr has taken. I'm not sure that I could no matter what my son wanted.

I feel differently about the other comments I'm hearing, but to be honest I'm not sure if the mediots are being accurate with all their takes. It's clear that They Hate Our Coach.

Brady - He has done nothing but praise Bill and Bill has done nothing but praise him back. Take a look at that top 100 players interview when they sat next to each other and heaped platitudes back and forth. That was genuine respect and appreciation.

Gronk - It appears that there were some issues with the Gronk family and Bill's demands on his players and how he treated Gronk's salary negotiations by trading him. It's also possible that Gronk wanted to have more freedom away from the game to market himself. In either case I haven't heard anything earth shattering from Gronk and he's entitled to his opinions.

Amendola - He's also entitled to his opinions but I feel that he's way off base taking shots at the Pats/Belichick. His best option would have been to take the high road like Tom Sr and not criticize the team. He was never mistreated here and by making such strong comments defending Brady he's giving the Brady haters a chance to claim that his comments echo the feelings of Tom, something that flies in the face of Tom's personality.

All that being said, and knowing what we know about the mediots, I don't see the heat being turned off any time soon, no matter what happens with Brady. Bill helped create the animosity that exists with the media and his winning style helped fuel some angry opponents. I'm sure he can handle it.

Amendola - He's also entitled to his opinions but I feel that he's way off base taking shots at the Pats/Belichick. His best option would have been to take the high road like Tom Sr and not criticize the team. He was never mistreated here and by making such strong comments defending Brady he's giving the Brady haters a chance to claim that his comments echo the feelings of Tom, something that flies in the face of Tom's personality.
Well except for Bill insisting that he take salary cuts practically every year he was here...

Well except for Bill insisting that he take salary cuts practically every year he was here...

if they didn't do the pay cuts, they wouldn't be able to sign other players and would not have won what they won. even Brady was consistently below his market value. that's what people did to keep it going.......what broke up the gang was a subtle difference in belief that it wasn't going to work here any more and that Brady appears to have been ready to move on for some time now and just hung around because the perfect alternative did not exist until Tampa Bay appeared.

Please....BB has more equity than a cheesesteak in Philly. There will be No days off for him until he decides to take a day off.

Please....BB has more equity than a cheesesteak in Philly. There will be No days off for him until he decides to take a day off.
Didn’t he go to the Bahamas during the Senior Bowl?

BB would have 10 job offers within 24 hours of leaving the Pat's.

Then Kraft has nothing. How many assistant coaches and front office types would bolt versus stay on a sinking ship. Jonathan and Bob can run the franchise like Jerry Jones making draft picks and everything.
as a coach yes. Gm , no. He’s lost his ability to draft

If I ruled the world we'd've kept Brady loaded up and gone for one last run. But the reality is he's 43, and doesn't have time to wait potentially 3-4 years for this team to rebuild and be a true contender. It would be like 2009-2013 all over again, except probably without finding an all-time great talent at one of the offensive skill positions.

And crazy idea: it's not as black and white as you're making it out to be. There is room for some nuance, even on the internet.
I wonder what the odds are of Bill retiring before Brady. Bill's 68, not too many men coached into their 70s. Brady looks like he can play for 3 more years. Can you imagine if Bill hangs it up before Brady. Holy sh%t, that would be so ironic.

It didn't end ugly. It ended amicably. Nobody said anything bad about anyone else.

Yes very amicably. Tom was amicably pushed out. And now Linda is taking amicable snipes at Brady. And Brady's dad is taking amicable snipes at BB.

ALL VERY AMICABLE. One big happy family after an amicable divorce.

Dude, it's not even been 1 year yet.

Wait 3 years and the knives will be fully out.

Sr Citizen with more SB wins than any other coach and who has cemented his legacy with a HOF career has a 7-9 less than 23mo after winning his most recent SB. HOT SEAT !!!!

When’s the last time Ray Charles had a new #1 hit ? Or the Eagles ? Did Usain Bolt run under 10s this year in the 100 ? How many medals did M Phelps grab lately ?

HOT SEAT for ALL OF THEM !!!!!!! Even the deceased ones !!!!
That’s true. Ray Charles is still looking for his next hit.

And Brady Sr needs to shut the f.uck up. He has zero basis for saying this outside of pure spite.
Maybe Brady Sr doesn't even watch football and is just TFB's sock puppet.

::TFB answers phone:: Hello?

"Helllo? Is this Tom Brady's Dad?"

::TFB drinks slug of bourbon, takes drag of cigarette:: "That's my name, don't wear it out."

What will the dad say after Brady lose the home superbowl?
minnesota timberwolves smirk GIF by NBA

So let me get this straight. Because brady won a superbowl we should compound our issues to not only include needing a QB but also by needing a new GM and a coach.

Makes sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick