PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Curran says Belichick has been on the hot seat since 2019

TheRainMaker

3rd runner up sexiest man alive 1998
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Here we go. Volin claims he's talked to his friends and they fear Bill is on the hot seat. In addition, Bob paid Mayo "a lot of money" to keep him away from other HC gigs.

“Robert Kraft already made it clear in March that he wants the Patriots to make the postseason and win a playoff game for the first time in five years,” Volin wrote. “He also paid Jerod Mayo handsomely to keep him off the coaching market and likely views him as the team’s coach-in-waiting. And Belichick’s friends have privately said they are worried that he is on the hot seat in 2023.”

What are the facts?

1 Kraft has openly criticized Pats drafting post 2019. Prior to that you never heard a complaint.

2 Kraft has been critical of the Pats regular season record and lack of postseason success.

Here we go. Volin claims he's talked to his friends and they fear Bill is on the hot seat. In addition, Bob paid Mayo "a lot of money" to keep him away from other HC gigs.

“Robert Kraft already made it clear in March that he wants the Patriots to make the postseason and win a playoff game for the first time in five years,” Volin wrote. “He also paid Jerod Mayo handsomely to keep him off the coaching market and likely views him as the team’s coach-in-waiting. And Belichick’s friends have privately said they are worried that he is on the hot seat in 2023.”

Even if it is true.. and this season goes bad.. RK decides to make a change.. I'm convinced BBs agents phone would be ringing seconds after the decision..

This is a really slow time of the offseason.
It was also slow when I spammed Twitter Mini’s and OTA updates.

This thread is promoting that scum bag. I’m out.

Bill the GM isn't acting like a GM who is fighting for his job. All 3 of the other AFCE teams have all made some version of all in moves recently and all have negative cap space for next year, while Bill is slow playing his large stack of chips.

He just went through a draft where he had the most draft capital in recent memory (7th) and for the most part seemed to make good selections. Even if the Pats sign Hopkins the Patriots will still have the most future cap space in the league, which will be used to extend players and sign assets for next year. He seems content to see how the rookies do and then make additional moves during the season and after. A Dead GM walking wouldn't leave the largest stockpile of cap space in the NFL relatively untouched..

Last edited:
Red Sox are as relevant in Boston as a WNBA team, so the Globe sends its resident slapdick to stir up some Patriots ****.

I've seen this story before. **** Volin, and **** the Boston Globe.

And **** the Red Sox.

Wasaaay past time for this “Tomase” wannabe to start covering a league he can handle - Pop Warner…..

Even if it is true.. and this season goes bad.. RK decides to make a change.. I'm convinced BBs agents phone would be ringing seconds after the decision..
Why? He's going to be 72 next year and if he's looking for a job then that means he would have had 4 subpar seasons in a row.

100% getting canned... 6 wins or less
75% getting canned... 7-8 wins
50% getting canned... 9 wins and no postseason
25% getting canned... 10 wins and no postseason
0% getting canned... 11 wins or more or 9-10 wins with a postseason

Red Sox are as relevant in Boston as a WNBA team, so the Globe sends its resident slapdick to stir up some Patriots ****.

I've seen this story before. **** Volin, and **** the Boston Globe.

And **** the Red Sox.

Not a huge Sox fan, but I like the Sox…otherwise…spot on!

Firing Bill and hiring BOB or Mayo is a good way to become the new Jaguars.

BOB has proven to be too emotional and incapable of being a top NFL head coach and Mayo would just be a younger version of Bill only not as good or experienced where you're neglecting the offense in an offensive driven league.

If you're firing Bill everyone on the staff should be nuked with him, i don't see the point in firing Bill and then handing it over to a bunch of Bill guys.

Why? He's going to be 72 next year and if he's looking for a job then that means he would have had 4 subpar seasons in a row.

I think he needs a post-season win or a loss in the divisional round coming off a BYE…..

But absent the above..it only means that there will be a difficult conversation in January. I believe Kraft wants to see the team make an upward trajectory.

This is Bill's last coaching job. Any next job is as a consultant/front office role.

And as an aside, employed and being unemployed is a binary outcome. RKK is decisive. He doesn't handicap length of tenure. You are either successful or you aren't.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back