PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots News 7-23, Belichick On The Hot Seat? Bourne Bounceback Year

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Man, Bourne has been one of the most maligned WR's over the last 3 years despite his overall good attitude and team-first presence.
So much trash talk last year because of Matty P's gaslighting, he's always bumped down the depth chart, treated like he wasn't one of the most highly coveted FA WR in '21.
The truth is - I'm much more skeptical and concerned about JuJu. We know nothing about him being ready, being on page with this offense, spending any time with Mac. As of this moment, I'm sort of expecting JuJu to be a bust this year. We just don't know.
However, I would be surprised if Bourne has less than a 50 / 500 / 5 type of season. Which says that Bourne is the better bet to be on the field early in the year. He should be given every chance to be the #2. Make JuJu push him out.
It seems like Parker is going to be treated like the #1 to start the year - whether or not he should be - he's what we have.
IMO - if we ended up with JuJu and Bourne as the top 2 WR, and Parker / Thornton split as the #3 we'd be better off.
One thing is certain - Mac is going to have to get time behind the OL, and be laser accurate with the lack of separation from JuJu & Parker.

Man, Bourne has been one of the most maligned WR's over the last 3 years despite his overall good attitude and team-first presence. So much trash talk last year because of Matty P's gaslighting, he's always bumped down the depth chart, treated like he wasn't one of the most highly coveted FA WR in '21.
The truth is - I'm much more skeptical and concerned about JuJu. We know nothing about him being ready, being on page with this offense, spending any time with Mac. As of this moment, I'm sort of expecting JuJu to be a bust this year. We just don't know.
However, I would be surprised if Bourne has less than a 50 / 500 / 5 type of season. Which says that Bourne is the better bet to be on the field early in the year. He should be given every chance to be the #2. Make JuJu push him out.
It seems like Parker is going to be treated like the #1 to start the year - whether or not he should be - he's what we have.
IMO - if we ended up with JuJu and Bourne as the top 2 WR, and Parker / Thornton split as the #3 we'd be better off.
One thing is certain - Mac is going to have to get time behind the OL, and be laser accurate with the lack of separation from JuJu & Parker.

The only problem with having a top WR tandem of Bourne & JuJu is that the inside-the-numbers part of the field is going to be very crowded without a more consistently legit outside threat to spread out the defenders and force them to cover more parts of the field... I agree that Bill seems determined to give Parker the #1 job whether he deserves it or not, because I suspect that he knows he needs an Outside guy too.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back