PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB Admits 2020 Is Bridge Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Pats decide to fire Belichick, how long do they have to wait before unveiling his statue or renaming Gillette after him?

There should be statues of both TB and BB already under construction.

Put them together because that's how all the success happened.

maxresdefault~2.jpg

I say the same thing about my DraftKings lineup every week, but I still don’t win any money.
Bob Kraft says thanks for the contribution.

Covid doesn't account for four years of bad drafting.
The drafts have been SO BAD. How bad is it?

We could be favorites for the division if we had traded for a top WR, as Buffalo did,

Patriots fans have grown soft, entitled.... no longer built to withstand a reload.

The media are feeding this mania and taking delight in the wailing and moaning.

A few fans have had to endure half a season of a rebuild, and already want to fire the one guy who can turn it all around. Clueless...

In BB We Trust.
Who wants to fire bill, Matt?

I thought that was pretty clear the moment we moved Harmon for cap space.

The issue is that for some people transitional/bridge year seems to mean "tanking" whereas BB is not interested in that in the slightest. And I can't blame him. Personally I am much more interested in seeing them competitive in most games and stay as long as possible in the playoff race than purposefully throwing away an entire season.

But then again for many the bottomline that brings them joy is not the game itself but just winning titles. So whatever floats anyone's boat. It just seems like if someone really wants a tank, that person might be cheering for the wrong organization as long as BB is running things.
Agree completely. I expected the start of the rebuild but adding Newton gave me hope they could be a playoff team. I don’t put this on him but he hasn’t risen to the occasion either. I think there is a lot of work to be done to get back to perennial Lombardi contender, but that should be expected after a 20 year dynasty.

Belichick has given: 9 Superbowl trips, 6 rings. We're in the Superbowl every other year. Always picking end of the first round. Just the last 5 years we won 3 rings, went to a fourth Superbowl.

This year we had 26M in dead cap space (thanks to Brady, and cutting AB thanks Kraft). Then 8 players opted out.

Next year we will have 120M in cap space and a top15 pick.

The only tweak I see is to physically banish McDaniels from any draft process and don't waste draft picks on QB/WR/TE due to totally unreliable scouting from our OC. Zero offensive skill players drafted or developed the last 8 years by this inept OC who is nothing without Tom Brady. That's the only tweak. We are excellent at drafting all Defense, OLine, and finding RBs.

Belichick has given: 9 Superbowl trips, 6 rings. We're in the Superbowl every other year. Always picking end of the first round. Just the last 5 years we won 3 rings, went to a fourth Superbowl.

This year we had 26M in dead cap space (thanks to Brady, and cutting AB thanks Kraft). Then 8 players opted out.

Next year we will have 120M in cap space and a top15 pick.

The only tweak I see is to physically banish McDaniels from any draft process and don't waste draft picks on QB/WR/TE due to totally unreliable scouting from our OC. Zero offensive skill players drafted or developed the last 8 years by this inept OC who is nothing without Tom Brady. That's the only tweak. We are excellent at drafting all Defense, OLine, and finding RBs.
Next year is the year for Bill to make some hay for sure. Our FA period better be some top names. He has to find the QB and then hit on some other picks for this rebuild to truly get off the ground. Oh, and please say good-bye to Newton and Hoyer. Just keep Stid if they think he can be a back-up otherwise good-bye to him too. BTW, the kettle of putrid QBs post-Brady is on Bill too.

What’s funny is that even though there is talent lacking in a lot of spots, this team has been ultra competitive for the most part.

What’s funny is that even though there is talent lacking in a lot of spots, this team has been ultra competitive for the most part.
I'm more confident in the future now than I was earlier this season. A lot depends on how much of a hit the NYFL takes because of the virus and how it affects the salary cap.

I'm far from a cap guru but if the cap is based on the profits from this year then teams could be dumping players left and right and salaries may be dropping. That combined with the Pats favorable cap situation next year could lead to an instant rebuild. It could be 2001 all over again.

I'm more confident in the future now than I was earlier this season. A lot depends on how much of a hit the NYFL takes because of the virus and how it affects the salary cap.

I'm far from a cap guru but if the cap is based on the profits from this year then teams could be dumping players left and right and salaries may be dropping. That combined with the Pats favorable cap situation next year could lead to an instant rebuild. It could be 2001 all over again.
I'm curious if Kraft will still charge the highest ticket prices in the NFL when stadiums do reopen. Will his "free parking" offer carry forward when fans are allowed back?

Covid doesn't account for four years of bad drafting.
Sure. But no one complained about bad draft or picking michel over lamar jackson when we won the SB. So maybe give the "Coach" BB a chance for another yr before considering moving on from him .

The drafts have been SO BAD. How bad is it?

We could be favorites for the division if we had traded for a top WR, as Buffalo did,
You are living in a fantasy world.

I'm curious if Kraft will still charge the highest ticket prices in the NFL when stadiums do reopen. Will his "free parking" offer carry forward when fans are allowed back?
Why would he do that?

That’s because every team lacks talent in spots because of a salary cap. There were MANY fans complaining about how much players and units sucked when they were winning SBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes