PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB Admits 2020 Is Bridge Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the year of no fans and Covid, does anyone really think Kraft the business man, who happens to fund his own stadium, is furious his team is only costing him $160 mill in real money outlay this year? And maybe substantially less next year if Covid again prevents fans from spending $100mill+ at his stadium?

The fans might not like the results but Kraft and his bean counters likely keep score several different ways.

Dismissing the financial upheaval underway ignores reality.
Hard business decisions have to be made in this new world.
14- 2 or 2-14 nets owners the same revenue in this 'no fans' era.
Budgets are being adjusted as we speak.
Kraft is likely thrilled his team's future cash outlays are minimal comparatively speaking and positioned as they are.
Possessing both financial security and cap flexibility in this climate should be a major Patriot advantage in the long run.

So the team stinks 1 year out of 21, or maybe 2 .........deal with it like an adult
Swaddle yourself in Brady-wear and DRINK

Bill Belichick is the number one reason we’re in this situation and apparently he can’t handle it.

He is even throwing Nick under the bus. Saying that it is Nick that handles trades. Meaning, don’t look at me for the bad trade ( for example the sanu one) it is Nick that is handling that.

i think Bill was pissed against Brady since 2017 after Brady messed up Bill succession plan and tried to run him out of town since.

Bill’s legacy isn’t hurt yet but if the Patriots are not a winning team next year it will. And there is no proof that Bill can do it. Without Brady he is a losing head coach and we are starting to see his flaws.

If this has been posted before, I apologize. But, I found this article pretty interesting and decided to share.
Meh...Kinda stopped reading after seeing this:

“The New England Patriots miss Tom Brady more every Sunday.”
That seems to imply things would be different if Brady were still a Patriot, which is dubious, at best.

No it isn't dubious, at all.

Bill Belichick is the number one reason we’re in this situation and apparently he can’t handle it.

He is even throwing Nick under the bus. Saying that it is Nick that handles trades. Meaning, don’t look at me for the bad trade ( for example the sanu one) it is Nick that is handling that.
If that's true, then Bill needs to tell Little Nicky to stop handling trades.

In the year of no fans and Covid, does anyone really think Kraft the business man, who happens to fund his own stadium, is furious his team is only costing him $160 mill in real money outlay this year? And maybe substantially less next year if Covid again prevents fans from spending $100mill+ at his stadium?

The fans might not like the results but Kraft and his bean counters likely keep score several different ways.

Dismissing the financial upheaval underway ignores reality.
Hard business decisions have to be made in this new world.
14- 2 or 2-14 nets owners the same revenue in this 'no fans' era.
Budgets are being adjusted as we speak.
Kraft is likely thrilled his team's future cash outlays are minimal comparatively speaking and positioned as they are.
Possessing both financial security and cap flexibility in this climate should be a major Patriot advantage in the long run.

So the team stinks 1 year out of 21, or maybe 2 .........deal with it like an adult
Swaddle yourself in Brady-wear and DRINK
This^ exactly. Krafty Bob cut off the money spigot due to Covid this year and maybe next year as well. It's that simple. Oh yeah, and Bill totally sucks balls as a GM. Thank you.

If that's true, then Bill needs to tell Little Nicky to stop handling trades.
I don’t think Nick is handling trade per say. I think he makes the phones call but Bill tells him which player to target. My point is Bill told that to absolve himself of all criticism

This^ exactly. Krafty Bob cut off the money spigot due to Covid this year and maybe next year as well. It's that simple. Oh yeah, and Bill totally sucks balls as a GM. Thank you.
I want to add....
Most Pat fans are emotionally invested in this team regardless, but this year, no fan is financially burdened by the team in terms of game day costs ; tickets, parking, food, etc.
In other words, the Pats fans are undergoing the least intrusive reset possible monetarily speaking, if that's any consolation.
I'd hate to pay $250 for a ticket, $50 to park, and $12 for beers to watch QB sneaks and one LB formations live in person.

I'm not going to argue "Kraft lucked out" in 2020 because the timing of the pandemic happened to coincide with an impotent, unsalvageable 2020 roster...
And no one would categorize Kraft as lucky given the organization's diminished revenue stream......
I'm just saying, if the Pats were ever to suck, this was the year.

Note: I have excluded the big elephant in the room, Tompa in Tampa, from my thesis.
Let momma deal with your separation anxieties before nap time

Last edited:
I don’t think Nick is handling trade per say. I think he makes the phones call but Bill tells him which player to target. My point is Bill told that to absolve himself of all criticism
If that’s what he’s trying to do, then it shows a complete and utter lack of character. You reaped the praise when you were on top. Now take the heat when you aren’t.

This is all a lot of BS speculation. Multiple books and reporters back up the fact that Belichick delegates a lot and listens to the opinions of his staff and coaches. It's impossible for him to track 1500 NFL players and 500 college draftees. He's relying on what Caserio and others tell him on evaluations. Some idiot said Sanu was worth trading for. Belichick needs to clean house of those around him - McDaniels and Caserio.

More deflections and excuses. For a guy whose MO was always not to talk about the past, all he does now is reference it to cover his behind.
Yep seems to fit the theme of the post Brady era. Especially the "I've seen worse" part. I obviously don't follow the other 31 teams drafts like I do ours but I'd imagine I would be hard pressed to find a 5-6 year stretch of drafts as bad as ours.

Yep seems to fit the theme of the post Brady era. Especially the "I've seen worse" part. I obviously don't follow the other 31 teams drafts like I do ours but I'd imagine I would be hard pressed to find a 5-6 year stretch of drafts as bad as ours.
The more I listen to him this year, the more I think he may gone at seasons end.

The more I listen to him this year, the more I think he may gone at seasons end.
It wouldn't shock me if he retires for "health reasons" like Urban Meyer. I don't think he would end up anywhere else though.

More deflections and excuses. For a guy whose MO was always not to talk about the past, all he does now is reference it to cover his behind.
The team is in the position they are in 100% of because of how awful he drafts have been. Been years since he has hit on someone. Love BB the coach not a fan of BB the GM.

It wouldn't shock me if he retires for "health reasons" like Urban Meyer. I don't think he would end up anywhere else though.
I think he is every competitive. I do think he goes somewhere else as there is no way he slinks off while Brady is playing so well in Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes