PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Playoff Situation Is Clearing Up

Fair enough, a good example though would be Green Bay last year. They were 4-6, but you at least knew they had Rodgers so there was a chance.

For a team to get hot, they normally need something that tells you "okay they have a chance."

The only teams that show me that are Oakland and LAC. But both have a long hill to climb.
Miami and Houston made the playoffs last year. Baltimore is usually a contender.
Denver, Cincinnati have the ability to string wjns together if they get their deficiencies cleaned up.
It’s no so much your assessment is wrong it’s just to early to call the bills jags and titans a cut above the flotsam and jetsam

Steelers' remaining schedule is a cakewalk.... their toughest match up, outside the Pats, (Packers) just got much easier without Rodgers. For fck's sake.

Miami and Houston made the playoffs last year. Baltimore is usually a contender.
Denver, Cincinnati have the ability to string wjns together if they get their deficiencies cleaned up.
It’s no so much your assessment is wrong it’s just to early to call the bills jags and titans a cut above the flotsam and jetsam
I think you can, since it's not that I'm saying the other teams have no chance. Just that the 5-3 teams have a better chance. We shall see.

I think you can, since it's not that I'm saying the other teams have no chance. Just that the 5-3 teams have a better chance. We shall see.
No one is arguing that the team with the better record has a higher chance of ending up with a better record. The argument was that is still an open race.

Now this is one interesting thing I haven't considered. Could the Chiefs possibly fall down to the point where they don't even win the division? They are 1-3 in their last four games, it definitely isn't impossible.

The Chiefs have looked very beatable and I could see Oakland or San Diego getting hot and pushing them. I could see the winner of that division being 10-6 or 9-7.

No one is arguing that the team with the better record has a higher chance of ending up with a better record. The argument was that is still an open race.
That's the thing though, I'm not saying it's a closed race. It's just hard to see most of those outside looking in teams really building anything special to catch up.

Though I admit if the Bills prove incapable of winning 9 games then it could absolutely be almost anybody. You can win 8 games and be pretty lousy if your schedule is easy. (Talking to you, Baltimore.)

The Chiefs have looked very beatable and I could see Oakland or San Diego getting hot and pushing them. I could see the winner of that division being 10-6 or 9-7.
I still would pick KC to win 11 games, but I agree it's very possible.

I still would pick KC to win 11 games, but I agree it's very possible.

The Chiefs are looking like a completely different team without Berry. If the AFC was strong this year, they'd be in real trouble.

The Chiefs are looking like a completely different team without Berry. If the AFC was strong this year, they'd be in real trouble.

Yeah, I just looked at their remaining schedule and it is a cake walk:

At the Giants, home for the Bills, at the Jets, home for the Raiders, Chargers and Dolphins and final road game against the Broncos. If they don't go 11-5 it would be huge disappointment.

That's the thing though, I'm not saying it's a closed race. It's just hard to see most of those outside looking in teams really building anything special to catch up.

Though I admit if the Bills prove incapable of winning 9 games then it could absolutely be almost anybody. You can win 8 games and be pretty lousy if your schedule is easy. (Talking to you, Baltimore.)
I’m disagreeing that tenn Jax and buffalo are largely superior to the other teams in the hunt.
Hell the bills are 1 1/2 games ahead of the Jete and just got blown out by them.

I’m disagreeing that tenn Jax and buffalo are largely superior to the other teams in the hunt.
Hell the bills are 1 1/2 games ahead of the Jete and just got blown out by them.
I do think Jacksonville is better than the rest of the fringe teams, and has an easy schedule.

They're basically becoming the Houston of last year, only with a better running game, and Bortles being not quite as bad as Brock. I wouldn't weigh their loss to the Jets too heavily although I get why you'd maybe use that as a reason to say they're no better.

We saw Denver lose to a 1-7 Giants team at home after all. Much uglier losses from these other meh teams.

Steelers' remaining schedule is a cakewalk.... their toughest match up, outside the Pats, (Packers) just got much easier without Rodgers. For fck's sake.
I’ve been pointing this out (and ducking) for quite awhile now. Some here couldn’t even see more than 9 wins for them, but I think their schedule gets them 11-12.

I’ve been pointing this out (and ducking) for quite awhile now. Some here couldn’t even see more than 9 wins for them, but I think their schedule gets them 11-12.

To be honest, I think they're too good and too healthy for us to take on them at Heinz.... I think they run the table from here on.

Let's just worry about them winning the Division, without anyone else getting hurt, and then getting a Bye.
Personally, I haven't ruled out BAL, MIA or OAK.
A lot of games to be played on a lot of sloppy fields.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back