PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Note to Bob Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....and by the way:

When was the last time an NFL owner gave up a 1st round draft pick for a Head Coach????

I’ll await the answer with baited breath.

.....and by the way:

When was the last time an NFL owner gave up a 1st round draft pick for a Head Coach????

Tampa gave up more for Gruden

Only once this century.
18,years ago. The year AFTER the Pats win their 1st SB and Glazer decided to copycat Kraft.

In his first year, Grudens team wins the Super Bowl with Dungy’s players and DC Monte Kiffin. They were mediocre thereafter until Gruden was fired in 2009.

Thank you.

Last edited:
You also have to give credit for Hess having the courtesy of dying and leaving the moron Johnson owning the team. Otherwise, Kraft hiring BB maybe be moot. I would entirely agree with you about Kraft being a the best owner until 1997 when he decided he would rather be a member of the brotherhood than the owner of the Pats throwing BB then Brady under Goodell 's Greyhound

Last edited:
Kraft not having Brady’s back was **** up, I still hate the old man for that.

He sided with Roger over the guy that brought so much success to this franchise.

You also have to give credit for Hess having the courtesy of dying and leaving the ***** Johnson owning the team. Otherwise, Kraft hiring BB maybe be moot.

Which only illustrates the importance of good ownership in that situation. That WAS a competitive advantage in gaining a Belichick. In fact, it was THE competitive advantage. The only reason he came to New England was Kraft. He didn’t come for the glamor of Route 1 in Foxboro.

Only once this century.
18,years ago. The year AFTER the Pats win their 1st SB and Glazer decided to copycat Kraft.

In his first year, Grudens team wins the Super Bowl with Dungy’s players and DC Monte Kiffin. They were mediocre thereafter until Gruden was fired in 2009.

Thank you.
Nobody said Gruden or anyone else is the equal to BB

Kraft needs to spend less time on these happy endings and more time on getting brown signed.

Just "lucky" (btw, 4 out of 6 BEFORE Belichick).

.....and consider this - - - when he fired Pete Carroll for not measuring up to the new Patriot standards, he fired the BEST WINNING PERCENTAGE Patriot coach in franchise history.

List of New England Patriots head coaches - Wikipedia

That's an owner who doesn't settle for anything less than excellence.

.....and by the way:

I see that you're still fighting the good fight. Bless you.

Does Miami's loss of a 1st rounder (and a huge fine) for tampering to get Don Shula count? That was only 49 years ago.

I have another question too. When was the last time that an NYFL owner lost a first round pick for his team because he didn't stand up for them? I can't think of another, unless you want to count the one they're about to lose in the next draft.

I see that you're still fighting the good fight. Bless you.

Does Miami's loss of a 1st rounder (and a huge fine) for tampering to get Don Shula count? That was only 49 years ago.

I have another question too. When was the last time that an NYFL owner lost a first round pick for his team because he didn't stand up for them? I can't think of another, unless you want to count the one they're about to lose in the next draft.

Re: Shula, you're making my point. It was half a century ago!!!!! Hell, it was pre-salary cap. It was a different effing sport, practically!

Further, the Dolphins were DOCKED a first rounder after the fact. They didn't choose to give up a 1st rounder directly to the team they got him from. And Belichick's ROI was greater than Shula's. Kraft was smarter and more gutsy to make his move. Also, BB wasn't nearly as well thought of at the time as Shula was in 1970.

Re: Deflategate, I'm still waiting for someone to actually state WHAT Kraft could have done. There are alot of comicbook fans who think he should've ripped open a can of spinach with his teeth, spit out "I yam wut I yam!!!" and gone Popeye on Bluto. I'm still waiting for a reality world option in that case.

Last edited:
The HC with the best won-loss record in Patriots history (before BB) was Kraft's only HC firing in his ownership to date.

Think about that for a second.

.....and consider this - - - when he fired Pete Carroll for not measuring up to the new Patriot standards, he fired the BEST WINNING PERCENTAGE Patriot coach in franchise history.

List of New England Patriots head coaches - Wikipedia

That's an owner who doesn't settle for anything less than excellence.

I think he's a great owner, BUT, Kraft has the GOAT team, GOAT QB and the GOAT HC and he's perfectly willing to let them all be labelled as cheaters so he can keep in good standing with Goody and the other 31.

I think he's a great owner, BUT, Kraft has the GOAT team, GOAT QB and the GOAT HC and he's perfectly willing to let them all be labelled as cheaters so he can keep in good standing with Goody and the other 31.

W-H-A-T could he have done? (no comic book options)

I'm waiting.

W-H-A-T could he have done? (no comic book options)

I'm waiting.

No need to wait. I'm sometimes busy but will always take the time to respond to respectful posters eventually.

Kraft could have fought for his GOATers. I don't think he did that in either case, certainly not like he's doing now to help his own DOM reputation.

The fact that he didn't fight for his team and players back then now leaves the team in a worse situation. Fraudger will now piggy back those phony baloney penalties in the past to over-penalize the Pats now.

I remember discussions here at the time of Crygate and Defamegate as to what Kraft could do. Many here claimed that he couldn't sue the NYFL because of their by-laws. Yet, when we looked at the Rams' move to LA there were owners who weren't willing to get in the way because they were worried that the Rams owner would sue the NYFL.

Once again, Kraft is a great owner but he has clearly earned the nickname Bendover Bob. And the legacies of the GOAT QB and GOAT HC are paying the price now.

The HC with the best won-loss record in Patriots history (before BB) was Kraft's only HC firing in his ownership to date.

Think about that for a second.

I thought about it and I'm not that impressed. There were some bad coaching records in the Pats history, even including Belichick's first year. That all changed with Brady.

No need to wait. I'm sometimes busy but will always take the time to respond to respectful posters eventually.

Kraft could have fought for his GOATers. I don't think he did that in either case, certainly not like he's doing now to help his own DOM reputation.

The fact that he didn't fight for his team and players back then now leaves the team in a worse situation. Fraudger will now piggy back those phony baloney penalties in the past to over-penalize the Pats now.

I remember discussions here at the time of Crygate and Defamegate as to what Kraft could do. Many here claimed that he couldn't sue the NYFL because of their by-laws. Yet, when we looked at the Rams' move to LA there were owners who weren't willing to get in the way because they were worried that the Rams owner would sue the NYFL.

Once again, Kraft is a great owner but he has clearly earned the nickname Bendover Bob. And the legacies of the GOAT QB and GOAT HC are paying the price now.

I'm seeing a very general post here. Look, I get your emotions on the subject. I was pissed too. But what particular action could he have taken. Otherwise, you're just emoting (and, like I said, I understand the anger).

I agree, he didn't have to go to Orchids of Asia. But regarding DEFLATEGATE, exactly what action could he have taken that would have changed anything?

I thought about it and I'm not that impressed. There were some bad coaching records in the Pats history, even including Belichick's first year. That all changed with Brady.

Versus the first 34 years. The long-term complete sea change moment was 1994.

Thank goodness they are even in Foxboro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back