PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Note to Bob Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember the details of my post years back, but I put together a high level legal analysis of why Kraft should theoretically be able to sue the NFL for the picks. It was similar to the analysis Stephanie Stradley put together post-Brady at the CA (believe it was something to do with implied terms in the CBA against objectively false/fraudulent grounds grounding punishments - whatever it was, I advocated for Brady taking that position well before Stradley wrote the article).

While I don't have the actual NFL partnership agreement (making my analysis quite weak), neither do you. Notwithstanding, as a non-lawyer, your armchair lawyering comes from an even weaker position. The idea that partners can't sue each other, especially when the partnership punishes a partner on an objectively false basis, is just wrong. And if you think a court with a sound understanding of the actual facts in Deflategate wouldn't be sympathetic to that (forget the media bias and all the nonsense they spouted about "light balls") you're even more wrong.
@archstanton543 please explain what's wrong with that.

The only thing Kraft could have differently in Deflategate was rattling the sabres more before conceding he was not legally allowed to take legal action and not making that pathetic statement about the “other 31”. But even doing those is just optics. There is nothing substantive he could have done.

(Also, it would have been nice for him not to do the saga-long two-faced thing of sucking up to the league and then saying some insincere “I’m with the fans!” thing every time he noticed his image with the fans was taking a hit. But again, that’s just optics and wouldn’t have changed a thing if done differently).

If owners aren't allowed to sue the NYFL then why were some owners concerned that the Rams owner was going to sue the NYFL if they didn't approve his move to LA?

Kraft is a fine owner, but because of his total capitulation on multiple NYFL frame-ups, the narrative will always be that the Pats cheated to win.

Kraft also made a major impact on the lack of success of this year's team, and showed his hypocrisy, by dumping AB for his own PR after he was caught soliciting a prostitute in Florida.

I have no love lost for Bob Kraft, but if you hate him that much, why not go root for a team that has a "better" or "more reasonable" owner? I can tell you none of them have put out the caliber of team that Bob Kraft has for the last 20 years, and I, like a lot of other old timers on here remember the good ole days of the Sullivans and Victor Kiam. In this case the "devil" we know is way better than the devil we don't, or the ones we used to know. Trust me.

So Kraft is responsible for the team's on-field success? What about the team's on-field problems or their "cheater" label? Does he share any blame for those or does he just get credit for the good because he signs the checks?

Brady and the players are the main reason the Pats have been successful for the last 20 years. Belichick and the coaches would be next. Kraft has helped by staying out of the football operation (most of the time).

Why wouldn’t we slam Kraft? Even if you just break it down to the simplest possible level, Kraft had just as rough a year (if not rougher) as BB and Brady had. We slam them. Why not Kraft? When did Kraft become some sacred cow around here when he’s well below BB and Brady for who we have to thank for all of this?

As for the nicknames? I thought Early Bird Kraft was the best. Everything else fell woefully short from there. The puns are where it’s at.

I believe that Bendover Bob is the best nickname. It's also appropriate.

Dear Mr Kraft,

Thank you for taking David Andrews on a long flight to Israel so he could develop blood clots.

Sincerely, Pats fan praying for David's return to health.

Last edited:
Dear Mr Kraft,

Thank you for taking David Andrews on a long flight to Israel so he could develop blood clots.

Sincerely, Pats fan praying for David's return to health.
And thank you Krafty Bob for taking an NFL films crew with you on said Israel trip so they can film it and show us what a swell guy you are...

If owners aren't allowed to sue the NYFL then why were some owners concerned that the Rams owner was going to sue the NYFL if they didn't approve his move to LA?
Because, as actual sportzbiz lawyers noted, the no-sue agreements are not enforceable against things related to anti-trust issues, of which team location is one of the classic ones in the sports space.

Because, as actual sportzbiz lawyers noted, the no-sue agreements are not enforceable against things related to anti-trust issues, of which team location is one of the classic ones in the sports space.

I'm no lawyer though I did try (unsuccessfully) to convince one of our sons to become one.

He also openly embraced the man who threw down that punishment multiple times during and since the process of suspending Brady. You don’t recall those nice, tight, chummy hugs on the sidelines and him inviting Goodell to a suite at Gillette to take in a game?

Never as loving as this AFTER ALL THAT???? . The truth is hard, isn't it Kontra?

Last edited:
Never as loving as this. The truth is hard, isn't it Kontra?

No doubt. Brady is a pro and is also sentimental. Are you saying they didn’t hug each other? Giants game in 2015 ring a bell? You can conduct a business relationship without chumming it up the way those two were. Denying that he hosted Goodell in a suite at a Pats game after that as well? You know you’re allowed to like the man and criticize him a little bit when he’s off base right, shmessy? There’s no need to erect (heh) a statue of him outside your house.

No doubt. Brady is a pro and is also sentimental. Are you saying they didn’t hug each other? Giants game in 2015 ring a bell? You can conduct a business relationship without chumming it up the way those two were. Denying that he hosted Goodell in a suite at a Pats game after that as well? You know you’re allowed to like the man and criticize him a little bit when he’s off base right, shmessy? There’s no need to erect (heh) a statue of him outside your house.

Hell, my petition to get him added onto Mt Rushmore needs only a few more signatures, babe!

In the meantime, Brady obviously doesn't seem as upset as you are. Maybe he knows something you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft