PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Note to Bob Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he’s talking about Snyder. I’m at a loss for who he is talking about, though. Maybe Al Schneider with the Packers (since he included “RIP”)?
Right, Snyder is the correct spelling.. I sure as hell hope he isn't referring to him.

Once again. Chicken and egg.

It doesn't GET THERE without Kraft. It doesn't exist as such. It wouldn't have happened.

George Bailey never would have even met that nice librarian...........

We truly are so freaking lucky.

wonderfullife-01.jpg

Psst ... Mary wasn't a librarian in real life when George met her, only in the Clarence-ushered alternative existence. :cool:

He’s been instrumental in the CBA negotiations

That's the same CBA that resulted in Brady's tarnished legacy and a 4 game suspension for doing nothing wrong.

I guess that Kraft should have gone the way of so many owners. Like CHI, he should have gotten the taxpayers to contribute to stadium costs, directly and through tax breaks. Then we could pay through our taxes AND through ticket costs.

I guess that Kraft should cut ticket prices by a third because he can afford it, or perhaps because there is no demand for tickets?

Bob has done many good things, but the high demand for tickets is because of Brady and Belichick.

There's a thread around here that asked us to rank the importance of Tom, Bill and Bob to the winning. I'll go with 50% Tom, 40% Bill and 10% Bob.

If Tom and Bill ended up on another team how many SB's would we have with Bob as our owner?

I don’t think he’s talking about Snyder. I’m at a loss for who he is talking about, though. Maybe Al Schneider with the Packers (since he included “RIP”)?

Nah. I confused John Schneider with Paul Allen for whatever braindead reason. Thought he was the owner and died recently not the other. I blame it on the lack of alcohol.

Nah. I confused John Schneider with Paul Allen for whatever braindead reason. Thought he was the owner and died recently not the other. I blame it on the lack of alcohol.
Yea no one can say Allen was a bad owner.

Y'know, you can stop confusing the board by drinking more.

:p

Last edited:
No but you can replace Kraft with any other reasonable owner like Paul Allen (rip), Ford, Wilf, Biscotti, Khan or the Rooneys and you would have ZERO dip in how the team has been doing. Which again makes him just one of the other owners and not someone great.

And despite all this criticism nobody in this thread has brought up any good points since Gilette was opened why he is anything better than a custodian or any random reasonable person with money.

Yeah, Zygi Wilf, Mrs Ford and that Khan guy have done wonders......and by the way - - each and every one of those stadiums were built with WHOSE money???????

Once again - - the practice facilities, the food, the franchise owned charter airplanes, every little detail. FA's (except for Derrick Mason) look at stuff like that. It helps level the playing field for Foxboro as a destination with the disadvantages of state taxes and horrible weather.

Do great owners squeeze every penny they can out of their customers because they can?

Bob does

Setting aside the financials of the Cowboys who operate on a whole different level, Bob’s operating income (#2 rank) is 2.4 times the league average ($240 mill vs $102 mill)

Great owner? debatable
Great business man? No doubt what so ever

Operating income of NFL sports teams 2018 | Statista

WRONG.

PSL's??????

State taxpayer funded stadiums???????

Try some facts.

By the way - - as a CONSUMER, would you pay more for a Volvo than for a Yugo?

If you're talking relative expense value for the New England consumer/fan versus any other NFL team consumer/fan. Go right ahead. Try it.

Once again - - the practice facilities, the food, the franchise owned charter airplanes, every little detail

I mentioned the plane and thats a nice touch I agree. But please spare me with stories like facilities and food. Most of the good owners do that stuff.

You keep purposefully missing the point which is that the stadium was almost 2 decades ago. About time to do a couple of things in those soon to be 20 years if you wanna be called "great".

Psst ... Mary wasn't a librarian in real life when George met her, only in the Clarence-ushered alternative existence. :cool:

Ooooh, I shudder to think of her as that prematurely old spinster!!!!!!

Imagine what we would all be doing if Clarence hadn't pulled a few strings to get Kraft to buy the Patriots!!!!!!!

That's the same CBA that resulted in Brady's tarnished legacy and a 4 game suspension for doing nothing wrong.
Because the players are idiots.

A few things before I head to the North End for lunch.

If we want to thank an owner for the Pats we should start with Billy Sullivan. He's the one who got this whole thing started.

I might also thank Lamar Hunt for his financial help and Al Davis for his take no prisoners attitude vs the NFL.

I remember being an AOLe many years ago and one of the posters there mentioned that the NFL will get to a point where the TV money is so great that the owners could still make money in empty stadiums. If we're not there we're close.

I live less than an hour away but I can't recall going to Patriot Place for any reason other than games and one visit to the Hall.

If we really want to throw blame at Kraft for something we have two recent things. The latest crygate crap and the loss of David Andrews with a blood clot, likely caused by his trip to Israel with Kraft.

If I have any real gripe with Kraft it's the way he takes over with the mic when the team wins it all and calls the Pats world champions. The league only exists in 30 or so American cities.

As Bill likes to say, coaches don't win games, players do. I've never heard Bill say anything about owners winning games.

Always thought it was funny that the horrifying alternate reality was she was a librarian living alone. Isn’t that really best case scenario to see what would happen to the love of your life if you weren’t around?

Always thought it was funny that the horrifying alternate reality was she was a librarian living alone. Isn’t that really best case scenario to see what would happen to the love of your life if you weren’t around?
Of course, in 1940s America that meant terminal old maid.

A few things before I head to the North End for lunch.

If we want to thank an owner for the Pats we should start with Billy Sullivan. He's the one who got this whole thing started.

I might also thank Lamar Hunt for his financial help and Al Davis for his take no prisoners attitude vs the NFL.

I remember being an AOLe many years ago and one of the posters there mentioned that the NFL will get to a point where the TV money is so great that the owners could still make money in empty stadiums. If we're not there we're close.

I live less than an hour away but I can't recall going to Patriot Place for any reason other than games and one visit to the Hall.

If we really want to throw blame at Kraft for something we have two recent things. The latest crygate crap and the loss of David Andrews with a blood clot, likely caused by his trip to Israel with Kraft.

If I have any real gripe with Kraft it's the way he takes over with the mic when the team wins it all and calls the Pats world champions. The league only exists in 30 or so American cities.

As Bill likes to say, coaches don't win games, players do. I've never heard Bill say anything about owners winning games.

A few points in there are comedy gold! :D

In the meantime, enjoy the North End lunch - I'm jealous!

No but you can replace Kraft with any other reasonable owner like Paul Allen (rip), Ford, Wilf, Biscotti, Khan or the Rooneys and you would have ZERO dip in how the team has been doing. Which again makes him just one of the other owners and not someone great.

And despite all this criticism nobody in this thread has brought up any good points since Gilette was opened why he is anything better than a custodian or any random reasonable person with money.

He is much more than a custodian he allows all of this to happen.

Reasonable owners?? If Khan, Ford or Wilf owned the Pats the fans would be crapping their pants.

Khan Win/Loss... 26W and 54L
Ford Family Win/Loss.... 379W and 504L
Wilf Win/Loss.... 125W and 110L

Compare to Mr. Kraft..

289W and 125L, plus 33W and 14L in the playoffs... 9 Superbowl appearances, 6 SB's...

From a cartoon 19 years ago... Patriot Ledger December 2000.

ELt46DPXkAEbXcK

He is much more than a custodian he allows all of this to happen.

Reasonable owners?? If Khan, Ford or Wilf owned the Pats the fans would be crapping their pants.

Khan Win/Loss... 26W and 54L
Ford Family Win/Loss.... 379W and 504L
Wilf Win/Loss.... 125W and 110L

Compare to Mr. Kraft..

289W and 125L, plus 33W and 14L in the playoffs... 9 Superbowl appearances, 6 SB's...

What does win/loss have to to with him as owner ? The groundskeeper has more impact on the record than Kraft.

Anyone wealthy can throw money at something. That is not a skill. Neither is staying away from meddling when things are going historically great.

Give any of the above mentioned owners t he well oiled machine BB has designed and they end up with similar success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back