PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Note to Bob Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, this is why you guys need an adult in the room. You're arguing over something that can never be resolved. It's purely subjective. You might as well argue over whether chocolate or vanilla is the superior flavor.
Chocolate of course. Vanilla isn't really a flavor.

question
Why did the owner leave a gaping hole in one end of the stadium?

Now THIS is something I am very upset with him about!!! I've posted about this for over 17 years now. Fix the damn thing!!!

I'm not kidding - - it dissipates the crowd volume crowd greatly. There is no good reason for it whatsoever.

Take the pats in 2000.

You have to remove Kraft, BB, or Brady.

There’s only one choice that gives you the best chance at having the same success

How did they make it to the year 2000? And where would that team be? Would Belichick even have drafted Brady if **** Rehbein wasn't in the room????

It's basically the Chicken and the Egg situation. All 3 of them needed to be in their place in order to fall together and produce the past 20 year dynasty. I don't think Belichick gets as much success without Brady. I don't think Brady gets as much success (or even, perhaps, an NFL career) without Belichick. Would Belichick have drafted Brady without **** Rehbein campaigning for it?

This is why the ranking discussion is so ridiculous. It happened because all 3 were in the right place at the right time. If one of those 3 isn't in their respective place, it doesn't happen.

Seriously, even IF the Patriots were purchased in 1994 by some other local guy who was a big fan and was willing to pay a laughably overpriced amount for the wreck that this franchise was and kept them in NE, would that guy have been so gung ho to go after Belichick???? Pretty freaking small chance. Maybe that guy would have gotten along famously with Parcells and would have seen 1 or 2 Lombardis over 10 years??? Who knows.

What happened and what developed to GET TO the year 2000 was such an arbitrary road of circumstances that the odds of it happening in the same way are minute. This is why ranking these 3 lottery ping pong ball winners, who somehow landed in the same cup, is an exercise in futility. If just one of those numbers is missing - - you win nada in that lottery.

Winning = national miscroscope

The spoiled lottery winners/fans should quit their whining about the taxes and the friends hounding them for handouts. If you can't take the winning, don't play.

Last edited:
How did they make it to the year 2000? And where would that team be? Would Belichick even have drafted Brady if **** Rehbein wasn't in the room????

It's basically the Chicken and the Egg situation. All 3 of them needed to be in their place in order to fall together and produce the past 20 year dynasty. I don't think Belichick gets as much success without Brady. I don't think Brady gets as much success (or even, perhaps, an NFL career) without Belichick. Would Belichick have drafted Brady without **** Rehbein campaigning for it?

This is why the ranking discussion is so ridiculous. It happened because all 3 were in the right place at the right time. If one of those 3 isn't in their respective place, it doesn't happen.

Seriously, even IF the Patriots were purchased in 1994 by some other local guy who was a big fan and was willing to pay a laughably overpriced amount for the wreck that this franchise was and kept them in NE, would that guy have been so gung ho to go after Belichick???? Pretty freaking small chance. Maybe that guy would have gotten along famously with Parcells and would have seen 1 or 2 Lombardis over 10 years??? Who knows.

What happened and what developed to GET TO the year 2000 was such an arbitrary road of circumstances that the odds of it happening in the same way are minute. This is why ranking them is an exercise in futility.

Fair points. If you take it from 2000 forward though (when Brady arrived). Kraft is the most logical choice if you have to remove one

I'm warning you!!!!!!

-%D7%A7%D7%A8%D7%90%D7%A4%D7%98-e1547021835612.jpg

Fair points. If you take it from 2000 forward though (when Brady arrived). Kraft is the most logical choice if you have to remove one

Once again. Chicken and egg.

It doesn't GET THERE without Kraft. It doesn't exist as such. It wouldn't have happened.

George Bailey never would have even met that nice librarian...........

We truly are so freaking lucky.

wonderfullife-01.jpg

Last edited:

What happened and what developed to GET TO the year 2000 was such an arbitrary road of circumstances that the odds of it happening in the same way are minute. This is why ranking them is an exercise in futility.

You're right, it happened and all should be commended for their role. Doesnt matter how it if but it did.

Once again. Chicken and egg.

It doesn't GET THERE without Kraft. It doesn't exist as such. It wouldn't have happened.

George Bailey never would have even met that nice librarian...........

We truly are so freaking lucky.

wonderfullife-01.jpg

Donna Reed was a hottie back in her day.

313 responses to the never ending discussion of Mr. Kraft what an idiot he is vs. what a great owner he is..

Not sure the expectations of an owner should be, like Dan Snyder?? Mark Davis?? Woody Johnson?? Jim Irsay??

There seems to be different paths for different owners:
Those who are in it for the money, no matter what team you put on the field money will be made.
Those who want to win and do not have an inkling on how to build a franchise.
Those who do win and maintain a high level of competitiveness year after year.

I prefer to be in the last category, and as the Kraft family were Patriot Fans who sat in the aluminum seats, they know what it was like prior to them buying this team. For many years we were the laughingstock of the league, there were a few brightspots, but overall we were perennial losers with a losing mentality and a losing culture..

Not sure the expectations of an owner should be, like Dan Snyder?? Mark Davis?? Woody Johnson?? Jim Irsay??

No but you can replace Kraft with any other reasonable owner like Paul Allen (rip), Ford, Wilf, Biscotti, Khan or the Rooneys and you would have ZERO dip in how the team has been doing. Which again makes him just one of the other owners and not someone great.

And despite all this criticism nobody in this thread has brought up any good points since Gilette was opened why he is anything better than a custodian or any random reasonable person with money.

Last edited:
313 responses to the never ending discussion of Mr. Kraft what an idiot he is vs. what a great owner he is..

There seems to be different paths for different owners:
Those who are in it for the money, no matter what team you put on the field money will be made.
Those who want to win and do not have an inkling on how to build a franchise.
Those who do win and maintain a high level of competitiveness year after year.

I prefer to be in the last category, and as the Kraft family were Patriot Fans who sat in the aluminum seats, they know what it was like prior to them buying this team. For many years we were the laughingstock of the league, there were a few brightspots, but overall we were perennial losers with a losing mentality and a losing culture..

Exactly. He built a stadium, then a complex and a damn good organization. Don’t think that just happened because BB was here. He made mistakes early, recognized them and learned from them. He’s been a very good owner overall, even though I hate his AB meddling. There are other very good owners (Biscotti) but few who are better.

We are not ‘so damned lucky’ because of Kraft

it’s entertainment......it’s good to have but the movies are also full of winners

‘so damned lucky’ is to be able to count on both hands the ones I love ..... some folks just have one, others may have none

it’s good he bought the team

Do great owners squeeze every penny they can out of their customers because they can?

Bob does

Setting aside the financials of the Cowboys who operate on a whole different level, Bob’s operating income (#2 rank) is 2.4 times the league average ($240 mill vs $102 mill)

Great owner? debatable
Great business man? No doubt what so ever

Operating income of NFL sports teams 2018 | Statista

No but you can replace Kraft with any other reasonable owner like Schneider (rip), Ford, Wilf, Biscotti, Khan or the Rooneys and you would have ZERO dip in how the team has been doing. Which again makes him just one of the other owners and not someone great.

And despite all this criticism nobody in this thread has brought up any good points since Gilette was opened why he is anything better than a custodian or any random reasonable person with money.
Daniel Schneider is not a reasonable owner.

He's a saboteur

Daniel Schneider is not a reasonable owner.

He's a saboteur
I don’t think he’s talking about Snyder. I’m at a loss for who he is talking about, though. Maybe Al Schneider with the Packers (since he included “RIP”)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft