PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

23rd Overall Draft Pick ISAIAH WYNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that impressed me most about Wynn was that he was always looking for the next guy to block. He’ll come off a block to block the most dangerous threat. Am thrilled by this pick.

People are hyping this kid. I still think he will play inside. I doubt he will play tackle.

I've consistently maintained that Wynn is the most technical OL in the draft, and that's more important than ever with the changes to practice rules. He needs the least amount of work with his technique, and he's ready to start right away. I also believe he is a tackle. He's 6026, so he's only a quarter of an inch under 6'3. It's not like he's an even 6'0. People get too caught up on height. He handled every single pass rusher -- LB, EDGE, DT -- who faced him, including some of the players drafted already tonight. Very happy with this pick.

NFL is trending toward speed. Nice addition to our OL. We already have one of the best pulling guard in Mason. Plus Sony Michel. McDaniels is going to town this year with all the new speedy toys.

Can anyone confirm Matt Light's arm length:

33-1/4"

Last edited:
We may not be able to afford to resign him.

Did you see the contracts that were given to guards this offseason. Mason is very good but he's not the best - still has a few issues in pass protection - but someone will be willing to pay.

Pats have only picked 4 tackles in the first 2 rounds under BB and Scar. The first 3 were successes - Light, Vollmer, Solder. Scar has the benefit of any doubt here. But if he struggles it'll only be because of size, and he would fit right into Mason's spot next year if that is the case.

I'd assert that Mason is a Top 5 RG in the league.

And yet someone (no names of course) clicked "disagree" on my post. It is as if the Nate Solder ordeal did not happen...

Wynn is ⅛ of an inch shorter than Kelvin Beachum, who has been a generally successful starting left tackle in the NFL. So it wouldn’t be completely unheard of.

And yet someone (no names of course) clicked "disagree" on my post. It is as if the Nate Solder ordeal did not happen...

Because Nate Solder and Shaq Mason play the same position.:rolleyes:

You seem to be ignoring that you have no clue what the Pats Cap situation will be like when/if Mason is a Free Agent. You seem to forget that the Patriots agreed to extensions for guys like Cannon, Light, Koppen, Solder, Mankins, Andrews, etc, pretty easily the first time through.

Wynn is ⅛ of an inch shorter than Kelvin Beachum, who has been a generally successful starting left tackle in the NFL. So it wouldn’t be completely unheard of.
Was literally gona say Beachum hours ago but didn't bother bc the poster asked for elite and Beachum just came to mind i wwasnt gona google tonight.
People said the same things about arm length until it was disproven. "Don't draft X position from X "college" until its disproven. Im glad we have people making decisions that aren't afraid to stand alone at times.

Was literally gona say Beachum hours ago but didn't bother bc the poster asked for elite and Beachum just came to mind i wwasnt gona google tonight.
People said the same things about arm length until it was disproven. "Don't draft X position from X "college" until its disproven. Im glad we have people making decisions that aren't afraid to stand alone at times.

Beachum has bounced around. I wouldn't consider him to be elite. He started out well for Pittsburgh.

It will be guard. I hope Garcia's ready or maybe waddle could do the job

It’s great to have an opinion backed up by stats and/or logic but it always makes me chuckle when “experts” on this site write things as if they are facts. His arms are less than an inch shorter than McGlinchey and Miller’s, two LTs whom he outplayed last year.

AD998276-1B7E-4B32-BA5A-D9ED56913EB7.jpeg

Thanks for telling us facts but I’ll wait to see what BB and Scar have to say. My guess is that they will try him at tackle and adjust if necessary. They weren’t sure that Light and his T-Rex arms could play tackle but he proved that he could in training camp. If Wynn can’t, they have themselves a dominant LG.

It’s great to have an opinion backed up by stats and/or logic but it always makes me chuckle when “experts” on this site write things as if they are facts. His arms are less than an inch shorter than McGlinchey and Miller’s, two LTs whom he outplayed last year.

View attachment 20228

Thanks for telling us facts but I’ll wait to see what BB and Scar have to say. My guess is that they will try him at tackle and adjust if necessary. They weren’t sure that Light and his T-Rex arms could play tackle but he proved that he could in training camp. If Wynn can’t, they have themselves a dominant LG.

I hope he can play tackle but we will see. I want defensive players. I don't wanna see our LBs being exposed in coverage time and time again. Hightower's getting up there in age and he hardly can stay on the field.

relax NumeroADHD...the Patriots have two picks in round two and one in the third to address your nightmares....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back