PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

23rd Overall Draft Pick ISAIAH WYNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm enjoying the irony of you claiming Wynn cannot replace Thuney at guard. You know, Thuney, the awful pick you thought the Pats made 2 years ago, the guy with t-rex arms.

So either you need to admit you were wrong about Thuney (and many others since you hate every player we've ever added) or it must have been one of the worst talent pools ever in this draft if a guy taken right around the area most projected him to go isn't good enough to replace a player like Thuney. It's one or the other.

There are other possibilities. That is not an "either/or" situation.

I think Wynn will be playing LT unless and until he shows that he is not ready to play LT.

Patriots OL coach Dante Scarnecchia on where first-round pick Isaiah Wynn fits on the line (tackle or guard): "He's played left tackle in the best conference in America. Played it pretty good. We're going to take a look at it, and see how it goes."

Just for all the folks who still doubt that Wynn was drafted as a LT:

And in response to the number one lazy explanation why he can't succeed there (size / arm length):

I feel the main qualities needed are talent, athleticism, functional strength, technique, and sure size does play a factor. But his size isn't alarmingly bad. He's just an inch or 2 shorter than your average LT and his 33.5" arms are long enough to play the position. That's the same length as Matt Light's arms. Maybe we'd prefer a bit more size, but if the rest of the package is there, Dante can make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down