Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which team you feel better about entering week 2 of TC?

Votes: 7 22.6%

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • too close to call

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • 19-0

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • first i want to know why Belichick benched Butler

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read somewhere that Washington's contract w Richmond ( or wherever they have TC) prevents them from having joint practices away. Apparently it would cut down on the number of people at TC and is a financial decision. Since the game is in NE, it is not practical. Had the game been a home game for them, they might have considered it.. FWIW...

a footnote on Patterson fwiw:
Winners and losers from Week 2 of Patriots training camp

“He’s a great guy to be around,” Julian Edelman said on Friday. “He works hard, he’s very athletic and he definitely helps push the unit so I’m happy we got him.”

Patterson, however, expressed his displeasure with his work. For as brilliant as his catches have been, he doesn’t catch a great volume of them, and he’s struggling to get first-team reps, largely due to moments where he seems to be a little behind on his knowledge of the playbook.

Last edited:
a footnote on Patterson fwiw:
Winners and losers from Week 2 of Patriots training camp

“He’s a great guy to be around,” Julian Edelman said on Friday. “He works hard, he’s very athletic and he definitely helps push the unit so I’m happy we got him.”

Patterson, however, expressed his displeasure with his work. For as brilliant as his catches have been, he doesn’t catch a great volume of them, and he’s struggling to get first-team reps, largely due to moments where he seems to be a little behind on his knowledge of the playbook.
Patterson is going to be a mixed bag.
He has phenomenal athletic skills but has had a career of demonstrating them once in a while with big plays and not producing a whole lot else.
These are likely the reasons that he has had that kind of career.
The hope isn’t that he miraculously improves on all those issues and becomes a legit top WR, but that B.B. and McD figure out a way to use his strengths and get a handful of gadget plays a game, probably mostly with non traditional WR plays like jet sweeps, slip screens, shirt crossing patterns where he can have the ball in the open forks etc.

If he can be that it’s a great complement to the “real WRs” we will have out there.

Patterson is going to be a mixed bag.
He has phenomenal athletic skills but has had a career of demonstrating them once in a while with big plays and not producing a whole lot else.
These are likely the reasons that he has had that kind of career.
The hope isn’t that he miraculously improves on all those issues and becomes a legit top WR, but that B.B. and McD figure out a way to use his strengths and get a handful of gadget plays a game, probably mostly with non traditional WR plays like jet sweeps, slip screens, shirt crossing patterns where he can have the ball in the open forks etc.

If he can be that it’s a great complement to the “real WRs” we will have out there.

Personally I think one of the key ways they can use CP is as a chess piece to force defenses to declare presnap by using him in motion a lot. If things go well he might make life easier for Brady just by being on the field.

Even if the ball only goes to him in a fraction of plays his blocking skills and the theoretical threat of gadget plays will be useful.

Personally I think one of the key ways they can use CP is as a chess piece to force defenses to declare presnap by using him in motion a lot. If things go well he might make life easier for Brady just by being on the field.

Even if the ball only goes to him in a fraction of plays his blocking skills and the theoretical threat of gadget plays will be useful.
Oddly in addition to the gadget plays, with his speed of Brady can hit him deep a couple of times he can also be he outside guy who will
draw deep safety help.

Oddly in addition to the gadget plays, with his speed of Brady can hit him deep a couple of times he can also be he outside guy who will
draw deep safety help.

Oh I am absolutely sure that Josh will try to push this early in the season a few times. Because if it actually works out and he catches some deep balls thats a whole dimension other teams will have to respect properly. Get 3-4 deep catches on tape and we are golden.

Oh I am absolutely sure that Josh will try to push this early in the season a few times. Because if it actually works out and he catches some deep balls thats a whole dimension other teams will have to respect properly. Get 3-4 deep catches on tape and we are golden.
His speed is already a concern to defenses but I don’t think they really believe he can connect on a deep ball very well. Once the GOAT hits him a couple of times, it will be a big focus for opponents.
And the GOAT has not been shy to air it out in recent years.

His speed is already a concern to defenses but I don’t think they really believe he can connect on a deep ball very well. Once the GOAT hits him a couple of times, it will be a big focus for opponents.
And the GOAT has not been shy to air it out in recent years.

I dont doubt the GOAT. Instead I have flashbacks of Slater when I think of it. CP certainly looks like he has better hands though. Fingers crossed.

I dont doubt the GOAT. Instead I have flashbacks of Slater when I think of it. CP certainly looks like he has better hands though. Fingers crossed.
Slater is just a fast guy. Patterson is a true wide receiver. It all (as it always does) comes down to how he can track the long ball and adjust to where it is. Some can, some just can’t. Not sure Patterson has ever had a QB who didn’t flat out suck at throwing deep either.

Slater is just a fast guy. Patterson is a true wide receiver. It all (as it always does) comes down to how he can track the long ball and adjust to where it is. Some can, some just can’t. Not sure Patterson has ever had a QB who didn’t flat out suck at throwing deep either.

I just looked it up a few days ago...here are CP's career receving stats and the QB's he played with:

2013: 16 games, 6 starts, 77 targets, 45 rec, 469 yards, and 4 TD's. (QB's: Ponder, Cassell, and Freeman)
2014: 16 games, 7 starts, 67 targets, 33 rec, 384 yards, and 1 TD. (QB's: Bridgewater, Cassell, and Ponder)
2015: 16 games, 1 start, 2 targets, 2 rec, 10 yards, and 0 TD's. (Bridgewater)
2016: 16 games, 8 starts, 70 targets, 52 rec, 453 yards, and 2 TD's. (Bradford and Hill)
2017: 16 games, 2 starts, 42 targets, 31 rec, 309 yards, and 0 TD's. (Carr and Manuel)

Finally a martial arts expert. Old timers may recall the most ferocious pass rusher in team history had a black belt in karate.

C'mon, Mack wasn't THAT long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye