PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

53 Man Roster Projection After 2 Preseason Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then start thinking before posting.
I gave a respectful response about why STs duties may be a factor in passing on other safeties, who may be an upgrade on defense.

If you wish to continue to look like an aggressive douche who may be taking some football talk a little too seriously, then be my guest, but you can’t justify your behavior with the phrase “start thinking before you post.”

There’s nothing to think about. My comment was just as relevant to the discussion as yours. When did you become such an overbearing ****?

See garbage like this is why you are just asking to be corrected.

Why the hell would Vaccaro be interested to play S4 here even if money is similar. His goal is to be in a position to cash in next March and for that he needs a place where he gets to play. Money is irrelevant because he will not get any substantial contract at this point of the season anymore.

He has zero reason to sign here. None of this is complicated.
There have been a good handful of safeties who have either been paid peanuts or are still looking for teams. There’s nothing wrong with suggesting that some of those players may have considered NE, if the money was in the same ballpark.

We’ve seen plenty of players on both sides of the ball take one year deals in order to land a job, have a shot at a ring, and play for a SB contending winner. I’m not sure why you’d find this statement so controversial? As mentioned, it’s always appeared as if STs duties have played a big role in these decisions, which was my point to the poster that I responded to.

37M next year (without Slater)

QB (2) T.Brady, B.Hoyer
Brady is playing 3 more years IMO so there is no point to draft a QB this early. Wait untill 2020, develop him for 2 years. Extend Brady, his last contract for 3 years.

RB (5) J.White, R.Burkhead, S.Michel, J.Develin, J.Hill*
Webb take over Hill's spot for less money.

WR (5) C.Hogan*, P.Dorsett*, C.Patterson*, M.Slater, K.Britt* They need to spend at least a couple of picks here. Hogan (5M) will be extended (hopefully) and we have Edelman.
So use a 3rd and a 4th here.

TE (3) R.Gronkowski, D.Allen, J.Hollister
Re-do Allen's contract. Extend Gronk for 3 years and lower his cap number.

C (1) D.Andrews
G (3) S.Mason*, J.Thuney, T.Karras
Extend Mason for 10M. They are set.
T (4) T.Brown*, M.Cannon, L.Waddle*, C.Croston
Extend T. Brown for 7M. Let Waddle Walk.

DE (5) T.Flowers*, A.Clayborn, D.Wise, D.Rivers, K.Davis
Extend Flower for 9M

DT (5) M.Brown*, D.Shelton*, L.Guy, V.Valentine, A.Butler
Extend Shelton 8M and let M. Brown go. Use ou 1st here.

ILB(4) D.Hightower, E.Roberts, J.Bentley, N.Grigsby*
OLB(3) K.VanNoy, M.Flowers*, B.King
Let Flowers go and use one of our top picks here.

CB (5) S.Gilmore, E.Rowe*, J.Jones, C.Jones, D.Dawson
Use a 2nd here and Let Rowe go.

SS (3) P.Chung, J.Richards*, N.Ebner
Let Richards go. Use a 3rd here and find a good backup for Chung.

FS (2) D.McCourty, D.Harmon
Re-do McCourty contract.

ST (3) S.Gostkowski*, R.Allen*, J.Cardona
Extend Gostkowski for 4M. Use a pick on a punter.
------------------------------------------------------------
*= FA

O: Brown - Thuney - Andrews - Mason - Cannon
Edelman - Hogan - Gronk - Brady - (Michel/White) - Allen

D: Flowers - 1st round pick - Shelton - Clayborn
Hightower - (Bentley/Harmon) - KVN
Gilmore - 2nd round pick - McCourty - Chung

Nice, I like how you considered contract status and roster construction next year. Flowers for 9M and Hogan for 5M would be great value. Same for T. Brown if he plays up to expectations. I don't think Shelton would necessarily command 8M though.

Regarding the roster projection, good depth on DL, but could be a little light on CB considering the inexperience.

I gave a respectful response about why STs duties may be a factor in passing on other safeties, who may be an upgrade on defense.

If you wish to continue to look like an aggressive douche who may be taking some football talk a little too seriously, then be my guest, but you can’t justify your behavior with the phrase “start thinking before you post.”

There’s nothing to think about. My comment was just as relevant to the discussion as yours. When did you become such an overbearing ****?

Because people not getting corrected on this stuff is what then creates this beautiful lazy narrative of “they could have had Vaccaro” during the season which in reality is as realistic as acquiring Julio Jones.

And then every time Pleasant or Richards or whoever ends up S4 inevitably screws up — as is the nature with depth players — you will hear this ******** even though none of it is true.

This just needs to stop. If a players goals clearly dont line up with what you are offering him the money being competitive wont matter. He needs the spotlight for the next FA cycle and nothing else.

Because people not getting corrected on this stuff is what then creates this beautiful lazy narrative of “they could have had Vaccaro” during the season which in reality is as realistic as acquiring Julio Jones.

And then every time Pleasant or Richards or whoever ends up S4 inevitably screws up — as is the nature with depth players — you will hear this ******** even though none of it is true.

This just needs to stop. If a players goals clearly dont line up with what you are offering him the money being competitive wont matter. He needs the spotlight for the next FA cycle and nothing else.
Why are you stuck on Kenny Vaccaro? Because I pointed out the fact that he’s not getting paid much more than Richards? It was just one example in regards to what the safety market is doing, and it was correct. It has been a down market. The Pats could have had players like that for a low cost, especially when you factor in Richards’ cap savings. You missed the point completely.

Forget about Vaccaro as a specific example. The point was that there have been plenty of safeties available for a reasonable price, and that Belichick’s STs focus may outweigh any benefit that an upgrade on defense may provide. There’s absolutely nothing in that statement that needs your “expert” analysis, let alone “corrections.” No one was even talking to you.

I agree that Belichick believes that Richards is a key special teamer, and is therefore likely to make the 53.

Would someone remind us of the number of defensive reps by all of the 2017 defensive backfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes