PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Injury News Thornton injury update

I used to come here for good NE football info and to get away from the world for a bit. What am I reading ?!? Just wanted the latest news on T…

I can't, I tried to sleep it off but it's not going away.

I need the New England scout team to tell me how on Earth do you come up thinking Tyquan Thornton is a better pick over George Pickens, Skyy Moore or Alec Pierce.

Marcus Jones in the 3rd, is forgivable. But I'd have taken a nice LB here like Leo Chenal who's already all over the place and risk Jones falling to 4th, still some VERY decent CB's left there like Decobie Durant, Derrion Kendrick, Christian Bedford and Samuel Womack...

Pick up Tom Kennedy WR off the Detroit Practice squad and Charlie Wooten LB off the Arizona practice squad and i'll forgive you. Cole Christiansen LB sitting on waivers too.

Last edited:
OK. I get it, we can't PUP him. It's unfortunate. We're gonna have to carry a guy on the roster who can't help for another 6 weeks.

Meanwhile we have no backup TEs cos we cut both Keene and Asiasi, admitting BB's failure to draft any worthwhile TE's since Gronkowski 12 years ago.
I really don't understand the TE concern. HH is TE1A and Smith is TE1B.

What do people want? Hoo-Man v2?

People ***** about depth but the reality is we have 2 talented TEs.

Last edited:

People ***** about depth but the reality is we have 2 talented 2 TEs.

Agreed. We have two very talented TEs.

We also have two TEs that are injured frequently. Look at the history, I think last year was the first time HH made it through a season. Chances both make it through the 2022 season? Has to be 20 to 30%? No reason to hate on playing the odds and having a decent depth piece.

I need the New England scout team to tell me how on Earth do you come up thinking Tyquan Thornton is a better pick over George Pickens, Skyy Moore or Alec Pierce.

You should put that in your sig. In the end, you'll either be "the man" or a laughingstock, but it'll stay as a constant reminder either way.

Marcus Jones in the 3rd, is forgivable. But I'd have taken a nice LB here like Leo Chenal who's already all over the place and risk Jones falling to 4th, still some VERY decent CB's left there like Decobie Durant, Derrion Kendrick, Christian Bedford and Samuel Womack...

Pick up Tom Kennedy WR off the Detroit Practice squad and Charlie Wooten LB off the Arizona practice squad and i'll forgive you. Cole Christiansen LB sitting on waivers too.
Its not the scouts calling the picks.

Its Belichick.

Agreed. We have two very talented TEs.

We also have two TEs that are injured frequently. Look at the history, I think last year was the first time HH made it through a season. Chances both make it through the 2022 season? Has to be 20 to 30%? No reason to hate on playing the odds and having a decent depth piece.
Sure but it highly unlikely both would be unavailable at the same time. In that case you sign some JAG off the street for a game or two and in the short term run a lot of 4WR/5WR sets and sprinkle in a OL or two to block on short yardage.

I just don't see the need for 3TEs on the roster as dire.

Fans need to think about what value the TE3 brings to the overall roster on game day besides sitting on the bench waiting for the off-chance for someone to get hurt.

Usually when a thread title is vague, I hover over the link to see the beginning of the post to figure out if it's worth it. This time, I was confident from the title that I wanted to check it out.

On very rare occasions I think to myself “Maybe living under Taliban rule wouldn’t be all bad.” This is one such occasion, as they would never let someone like you procreat, and that would be very comforting.

Easy Wolf, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy.

Shouda, coulds, woulda...

Give it a rest...

Easy Wolf, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy.
stripes lighten GIF

I mean, he did this as a gag in response to the craziness of the other thread, no ? Gotta be.

People ***** about depth but the reality is we have 2 talented TEs.
I definitely see the concern. We have 1 tight end in Henry and then a guy that has great yac ability but struggles to block and get open. I'd feel better with any kind of backup for Henry. I'd 100% go for a Hoo-Man at least on the ps.

Jonnu atm is an overpriced luxury much like when we had Patterson. We didn't know how to get the ball in his hands so we just basically used him as a running back. I expect Jonnu to have a similar outcome unless he dramatically improves.

I definitely see the concern. We have 1 tight end in Henry and then a guy that has great yac ability but struggles to block and get open. I'd feel better with any kind of backup for Henry. I'd 100% go for a Hoo-Man at least on the ps.

For all intents and purposes Smith is HH's backup as TE1 plus as h-back.
Jonnu atm is an overpriced luxury much like when we had Patterson. We didn't know how to get the ball in his hands so we just basically used him as a running back. I expect Jonnu to have a similar outcome unless he dramatically improves.
Huh? Patterson had over 1000 APY and 5 TDs here. If that is "don't know how to get in the ball in his hands" then you don't remember his 2018 season here at all.

There is no way in hell they will use Jonnu Smith as a RB. Not even the same player.

Last edited:
OK. I get it, we can't PUP him. It's unfortunate. We're gonna have to carry a guy on the roster who can't help for another 6 weeks.

Meanwhile we have no backup TEs cos we cut both Keene and Asiasi, admitting BB's failure to draft any worthwhile TE's since Gronkowski 12 years ago.
He'll be on IR by tomorrow.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back