PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Expected to shop DeVante Parker

I hope they Cut their losses and just eat his dead $$$$$ Parker brings nothing to the Team the Draft is just too Deep at WR to keep him in 24. I would rather give a Rookie or Two the year to develop. We have to build our Team like the New Green Bay Packers young skilled Offensive players with upside.
I think his dead cap number is at just over 6 million this year, basically the same as his total projected 2024 salary.

I think his dead cap number is at just over 6 million this year, basically the same as his total projected 2024 salary.
So basically either way we look at it we wasted 6 million.

So basically either way we look at it we wasted 6 million.
Not really. Some of the cap hit is 2023 cash that he was obviously going to get (extension or not), and they just used the extension as a convenient time to push cap hits into the future since it had to be done with somebody. If he’s cut, then he’s obviously good enough to sign to another team’s roster and offset some of the guaranteed salary.

So it probably comes out closer to $3M. And you can tell who just really wants something to be angry about based on how many posts they make complaining about $3M.

If he is a good choice for #3 receiver, we need one of those. I'd give a 5th for a good quality #3 WR.

This is just another example of thinking that the team can hoodwink some other team to make a mistake.
He's a fine 3rd or 4th receiver. I think we just need to stop looking at him as a 1 or 2. If they had a quality 1-2 with a great slot, which might be Pop, he's probably ok at 4.

I think the reason to move on from him is that you're likely going to have a completely new QB room and probably an early round WR pick as well. Might as well move on to new faces.

He's a fine 3rd or 4th receiver. I think we just need to not be made to think he's a 1 or 2. If they had a quality 1-2 with a great slot, which might be Pop, he's probably ok at 4.

I think the reason to move on from him is that you're likely going to have a completely new QB room and probably an early round WR pick as well. Might as well move on to new faces.
Parker costs nothing. What will the 3rd or 4th WR we replace him with cost?

???, Douglas, Shuster, Parker or Thornton, ???

I do think that we will try to trade Parker. If we can save $3M, then it makes sense to sign another for the $3M.

Last edited:
Like what? Parker has never been able to get open and now he can't even win the 50/50 ball even close to 50% of the time. On top of that he is 31 and often injured. If we are able to trade him for anything at all and clear $3 mill in cap space then we absolutely fleeced someone. Parker is a terrible player and he was terrible when Bill inexplicably gave him an extension last summer. If we can't find a way to move him and Juju I hope we just bite the bullet and cut them both. I can't think of many Patriots I have liked less than the two of them.

Sigh... I remember this from the Miami trade thread where almost everyone here (except for literally 4 posters) was all gung [5 dollar] ho for this potential "WR1" but I was saying...

2021: #127 out of 127 WRs
2020: #132 out of 132 WRs

I gave it a chance. I'm probably DP's biggest hater (because why stick it in the (H)as(h)s unless you bat lefty?), but understand he's had flashes even while on the Pats. I was IBWT until he extended DP. It was then I knew he was done.

Ian,

Personally our entire WR corps. Needs a overhaul. They way FA is shaping up for us, we should be in on Hollywood Brown and Ridley. Both of these guys would bring elite speed on the outside for us.
TT11 and Reagor both have elite speed. I'm looking for elite competency.

He's a fine 3rd or 4th receiver. I think we just need to stop looking at him as a 1 or 2. If they had a quality 1-2 with a great slot, which might be Pop, he's probably ok at 4.

Agree 100%.. I'd also add that I really would like to add Ridley or Hollywood.. both those guys posses elite speed downfield.. however taking another WR in the draft also.. what do we do about the Boutte kid?

TT11 and Reagor both have elite speed. I'm looking for elite competency.
TT11 is the 11 a definition for Thornton's skinny legs?? Asking for a friend.
Looking Let Me Think GIF by TipsyElves.com

Agree 100%.. I'd also add that I really would like to add Ridley or Hollywood.. both those guys posses elite speed downfield.. however taking another WR in the draft also.. what do we do about the Boutte kid?
We don't need to do anything. He's a 6th round pick that costs nothing. If he fails this summer, cut him and move on.

We don't need to do anything. He's a 6th round pick that costs nothing. If he fails this summer, cut him and move on.
He's talented, and the gambling situation should have no baring on his opportunity with us.. but yeah I get it

He's talented, and the gambling situation should have no baring on his opportunity with us.. but yeah I get it
I don't think it's a thing unless the NFL makes it a thing.

There's a lot of Pro ready WR in this upcoming Draft you saw how they all ran it's a really good group. I won't miss Thornton and Boutte...bye!

see ya goodbye GIF

Last edited:
There's a lot of Pro ready WR in this upcoming Draft you saw how they all ran it's a really good group.

If I had a nickel...

If I had a nickel...
Sings "A penny for your thoughts a nickel for your kiss a dime if you tell me that you oh...nevermind.

Good luck - no one will be shopping for him. We'll be screwed with his dead cap hit.
BB screwed us with so many bad deals. Parker & JSS were 2 of the worst

The Patriots have a ton of cap space & this year & the free agent class is nothing special

I would rather eat all bad contracts this year. Than carrying JuJu & Parker into 2025
& sign the next Nelson Agahlor

Eating dead cap money in 2024, will also reduce Krafts out of pocket expense

The Patriots have a ton of cap space & this year & the free agent class is nothing special

I would rather eat all bad contracts this year. Than carrying JuJu & Parker into 2025
& sign the next Nelson Agahlor

Eating dead cap money in 2024, will also reduce Krafts out of pocket expense
Solidify the QB position, we solve 90% of the problem. Of course take a WR or 2 this draft, sign Ridley to a 2 yr. Deal.

Sign nyheim Hines as a 3rd down/receiving back. On defense trade for jaire Alexander at CB, sign Wilkins are DT.
Resign Jennings, Wilson at LB

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back