PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Expected to shop DeVante Parker

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Per MassLive: the Patriots are expected to shop DeVante Parker this offseason, which comes after the veteran had just been extended by the club last summer:

1709609204308.png

Although, I don't hate him as a bottom of the depth chart option, but they've obviously got issues considering the questions with Thornton and Smith-Schuster that they still need to figure out.

Last edited:
The fact that Belichick signed both of those guys and extended Parker is just mind blowing. I absolutely now believe what he said about only wanting to be around people he likes, talent be damned.

The fact that Belichick signed both of those guys and extended Parker is just mind blowing. I absolutely now believe what he said about only wanting to be around people he likes, talent be damned.
Still sort of surprised he did it right in the middle of the Hopkins talk. Certainly seemed like it made Parker uneasy and they did it to appease him.

I know the WR market is crappy but would any team give up anything for him? I would trade him for a bag of chips and I don't even like chips much.

There was no coming back from the initial $33M over three years report. People had already lost their minds at that point, and missed that it was basically a one year, $6M extension plus incentives. It’s not remotely in the same conversation as contracts like Jonnu or Juju. Heck, there’s an argument to be made that it’s a better value than what they were paying Henry.

There was no coming back from the initial $33M over three years report. People had already lost their minds at that point, and missed that it was basically a one year, $6M extension plus incentives. It’s not remotely in the same conversation as contracts like Jonnu or Juju. Heck, there’s an argument to be made that it’s a better value than what they were paying Henry.

Agreed. At that $ value, I am surprised if he can't be moved. But he does always get injured. Always.

Don't remind us please one of the many reasons BB won't be on the sidelines in 24.

I hope they Cut their losses and just eat his dead $$$$$ Parker brings nothing to the Team the Draft is just too Deep at WR to keep him in 24. I would rather give a Rookie or Two the year to develop. We have to build our Team like the New Green Bay Packers young skilled Offensive players with upside.

Per MassLive: the Patriots are expected to shop DeVante Parker this offseason, which comes after the veteran had just been extended by the club last summer:

View attachment 56828

Although, I don't hate him as a bottom of the depth chart option, but they've obviously got issues considering the questions with Thornton and Smith-Schuster that they still need to figure out.
Ian: Thornton will be cut I'll bet on it name the last over drafted Second Round WR Drafted under the BB regime who panned out in year three.

Hold On Waiting GIF by Fleischer Studios

Good news

Poor Carter

Eight more days until teams can make trades.

Agreed. At that $ value, I am surprised if he can't be moved. But he does always get injured. Always.
It’s a pretty low cap hit for the team who acquires him, and he can be decent if that team is only expecting him to be a 3rd receiver or used in specific packages. I think they will get a 5th for him.

It’s a pretty low cap hit for the team who acquires him, and he can be decent if that team is only expecting him to be a 3rd receiver or used in specific packages. I think they will get a 5th for him.
IF that Team is Desperate why would they in this upcoming Draft at a Deep WR position?? I would take a 7th just to move Parker.

I know the WR market is crappy but would any team give up anything for him? I would trade him for a bag of chips and I don't even like chips much.
Bet you could get a bag of doritos if you hold tight.

View attachment 56828

I suggest we staple Schuster to Parker and get another teams’ GM really REALLY drunk.

I suggest we staple Schuster to Parker and get another teams’ GM really REALLY drunk.
I think we will cut Paker in the end no Team is Trading for that stiff if a WR is good it shows Parker has been on a decline.
episode 9 market GIF

I think we will cut Paker in the end no Team is Trading for that stiff if a WR is good it shows Parker has been on a decline.
episode 9 market GIF
Be wary when a team in your division is willing to trade their recent high draft pick to you.

Be wary when a team in your division is willing to trade their recent high draft pick to you.
Miami fans were doing that after the Trade they know how fragile and ineffective Parker was.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back