PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Pats re-sign Hunter Henry

He's the best available at the position. We need to aggressively go after him. We also can target Hollywood as well. We need 2 guys on the outside that DCs have to account for. That allows HH, pop to make plays underneath and Hava favorable match ups. Hollywood has a 10 yard plus catch average.. that's pretty much a first down very time he touches the ball.

Best available doesn’t make him a good signing, if anything it means the best player’s are off the market so you are reaching for what’s left. And people keep acting as if they must fill needs out of desperation when in truth they aren’t going to be competing for a Lombardi this season, so they have 2 full offseasons to address their needs, and they should use that time to get the best players they can get, and not just the “ best available.” They should use free agency to add depth and bring in true impact players, and use the draft to address the offense and bring in young talent.

Best available doesn’t make him a good signing, if anything it means the best player’s are off the market so you are reaching for what’s left. And people keep acting as if they must fill needs out of desperation when in truth they aren’t going to be competing for a Lombardi this season, so they have 2 full offseasons to address their needs, and they should use that time to get the best players they can get, and not just the “ best available.” They should use free agency to add depth and bring in true impact players, and use the draft to address the offense and bring in young talent.
Ridley is the best available impact player, you have to use the draft to keep the roster stockpiled, use FA to bring in proven difference makers. I'm with you, we aren't competing for a Lombardi this year or next.. wich makes sense..

However the organization wants to be competitive and grow the young players. Wich means 8 or 9 wins, for a building back team. Wolf said he wants to weaponize the offense and have the defense be more attacking. We have a championship ready level D.. we need the offense to be marginal to compete.

Ridley is the best available impact player, you have to use the draft to keep the roster stockpiled, use FA to bring in proven difference makers. I'm with you, we aren't competing for a Lombardi this year or next.. wich makes sense..

However the organization wants to be competitive and grow the young players. Wich means 8 or 9 wins, for a building back team. Wolf said he wants to weaponize the offense and have the defense be more attacking. We have a championship ready level D.. we need the offense to be marginal to compete.

No, he’s not. He’s an overrated receiver who is on the downside of his career, but who teams that want a receiver “ desperately” will overpay. The Patriots aren’t desperate. Their needs can be addressed over this and next years offseason, and the biggest mistake they can make is to start overpaying players to fill needs, that’s the hallmark of teams that are always mediocre or just flat out suck. They should sign Noah Brown and the draft multiple WE’s. Then let the season play out, see who rises up on the unit and who they should cut loose, and then go for a bigger cost free agent elrexceiver in a better free agent market for them.

And the most impactful player about to hit the market is Christian Wilkins, and he should be their big target.

No, he’s not. He’s an overrated receiver who is on the downside of his career, but who teams that want a receiver “ desperately” will overpay. The Patriots aren’t desperate. Their needs can be addressed over this and next years offseason, and the biggest mistake they can make is to start overpaying players to fill needs, that’s the hallmark of teams that are always mediocre or just flat out suck. They should sign Noah Brown and the draft multiple WE’s. Then let the season play out, see who rises up on the unit and who they should cut loose, and then go for a bigger cost free agent elrexceiver in a better free agent market for them.

And the most impactful player about to hit the market is Christian Wilkins, and he should be their big target.
No. Noah brown isn't going to move the needle. Yes we can agree it's a multi-year build back. Feels like we been rebuilding for years now. Noah brown is a complimentary piece. Most of the impact FAs are on defense. Sign Ridley and H. brown to 2 yr deals. I'd be open Noah brown as a complimentary piece. Ridley is the only known proven outside WR. We can't just discount his time in Atlanta.

Ridley would be a terrible sign. He’s old, trending down and who knows how impactful he will be next year, and will most likely be overpaid. We already have plenty of those on the roster whom we are trying to get rid of.

If we are paying top of the market money, we need to do it to building blocks. Not old guys about to break.

Ridley would be a terrible sign. He’s old, trending down and who knows how impactful he will be next year, and will most likely be overpaid. We already have plenty of those on the roster whom we are trying to get rid of.

If we are paying top of the market money, we need to do it to building blocks. Not old guys about to break.
Ok, Parker, Juju, pop, reagor is your current all pro reciveing Corp.

We’ll see when the details come out. You never get the details on the initial announcement.
Yes, but the initial announcement comes from the player’s agent and favors the player. It is extremely rare that when we get the details, we learn that the player is actually earning MORE money than initially reported. If one of Henry’s 3 years is a void year then they probably would have called it a 2 year deal, not a 3 year deal.

Impossible to upgrade since we are already in March!!! I know. Hard times man.
Yeah man.. FA pickings are slim this season. I'd say take flier on Ridley on a 2 yr deal..

not sure why some are complaining. what are our other options? there aren't that many great TE's in the NFL. and if we go with a rookie QB you want that outlet guy

No. Noah brown isn't going to move the needle. Yes we can agree it's a multi-year build back. Feels like we been rebuilding for years now. Noah brown is a complimentary piece. Most of the impact FAs are on defense. Sign Ridley and H. brown to 2 yr deals. I'd be open Noah brown as a complimentary piece. Ridley is the only known proven outside WR. We can't just discount his time in Atlanta.

We aren’t going to agree on this, imo both Ridley and Hollywood are a waste of resources. I honestly don’t care about 24’, my priority is what happens after that, so I want them to be patient and smart about the moves they make. I want them to sign the best players, and not chase need. So you will be happy if they sign those players, and I will think they are bad moves, and I don’t see anything changing that.

Ridley’s time in Atlanta is irrelevant. What happened 3 seasons ago doesn’t matter for any player.

Ok so by that logic what randy moss did in Minnesota was irrelevant when we got him.
Ridley’s time in Atlanta is irrelevant. What happened 3 seasons ago doesn’t matter for any player.

I really don't know what to view 24 as other than put yourself as a organization in better position for the present and future. They need to spend, I'll say it again they need to spend!
We aren’t going to agree on this, imo both Ridley and Hollywood are a waste of resources. I honestly don’t care about 24’, my priority is what happens after that, so I want them to be patient and smart about the moves they make. I want them to sign the best players, and not chase need. So you will be happy if they sign those players, and I will think they are bad moves, and I don’t see anything changing that.

He's way better than Jacobi Biscuit.
He's also a nutcase who has been a divisive character wherever he's been. Plus, why the hell would he want to play here at this stage of his career unless they made him a stupidly obscene offer?

I really don't know what to view 24 as other than put yourself as a organization in better position for the present and future. They need to spend, I'll say it again they need to spend!

They need to spend wisely, not to just spend.

Ok so by that logic what randy moss did in Minnesota was irrelevant when we got him.

Did you really just compare Ridley to Randy Moss?

The Patriots should trade Mac Jones and a 3rd for The Falcons Falcons 1st round pick. That’s what the 49ers got for Joe Montana.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back