PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Pats re-sign Hunter Henry

They need to spend wisely, not to just spend.
You don't become a billionaire franchise by not spending wisely.. but I see your point. However there is no way to win in today's NFL without spending, paying home grown player's, hitting on draft picks most notably the QB. We've found that out the last few seasons. We have half of a team that IMO is championship level the defense. Once the offense becomes middling we will scare teams.

Did you really just compare Ridley to Randy Moss?

The Patriots should trade Mac Jones and a 3rd for The Falcons Falcons 1st round pick. That’s what the 49ers got for Joe Montana.
No. I'd didn't I went by your logic. You said what Ridley did 3 seasons ago didn't Matter, what I'm trying to express to you is that he's available you take a look at him. Kraft wants to win, and grow the QB both can be possible. We know 24 is about redirection, and the untangling of Bill. I'm just saying this season is important for a lot of reasons that's all. Hitting on the QB, putting something around the QB, so we can be set up for beyond 24. I know you disagree with me on Ridley, I'm just saying look at him if your mayo/wolf.

have you forgotten the awesome Thornton?
Lol, currently we have the 32nd ranked offense and offensive roster. I will continue to say.. go after a proven vet, your getting the QB anyway. Spend on your home grown talent.

No. I'd didn't I went by your logic. You said what Ridley did 3 seasons ago didn't Matter, what I'm trying to express to you is that he's available you take a look at him. Kraft wants to win, and grow the QB both can be possible. We know 24 is about redirection, and the untangling of Bill. I'm just saying this season is important for a lot of reasons that's all. Hitting on the QB, putting something around the QB, so we can be set up for beyond 24. I know you disagree with me on Ridley, I'm just saying look at him if your mayo/wolf.

I’m not opposed to winning or spending, just believe it’s really important to make smart signings. I really liked the deal with Henry, and I would love to see them sign Saquon Barkley and Christian Wilkins, and even Danielle Hunter. What I don’t want to see is them overpaying players out of need, and I think Ridley is a 13 million a season receiver who is going to get 20 million a season, and I don’t think wasting that kind of money makes sense, I also believe that the WR market is way out of whack, 30 million a season for WR’s is too much of the cap imo, so I would try to build the top end of the receiving corps out of the draft.

If you think that Ridley is worth big money that’s fine, everyone is going to have different opinions on different players, I just see it differently. I want them to sign Barkley and Wilkins and I’m sure there are plenty of people here would rather see them use their money on other free agents. I also like the Idea of using a 2nd on T’Vondre Swreat, and I’m positive most here hate that idea, and I get why, because there will be really good OT’s and WR’s available there, I just think it could help turn them into the best defense in football, and love the idea of 370 lbs in the middle of their DL.

Either way 02’ I am really looking forward to the start of free agency, hopefully it’s the beginning of a new era for the Patriots, because the last couple of years have been putrid. And I can live with a bad record next season, just as long as it sets them up for a great future.

I’m not opposed to winning or spending, just believe it’s really important to make smart signings. I really liked the deal with Henry, and I would love to see them sign Saquon Barkley and Christian Wilkins, and even Danielle Hunter. What I don’t want to see is them overpaying players out of need, and I think Ridley is a 13 million a season receiver who is going to get 20 million a season, and I don’t think wasting that kind of money makes sense, I also believe that the WR market is way out of whack, 30 million a season for WR’s is too much of the cap imo, so I would try to build the top end of the receiving corps out of the draft.

If you think that Ridley is worth big money that’s fine, everyone is going to have different opinions on different players, I just see it differently. I want them to sign Barkley and Wilkins and I’m sure there are plenty of people here would rather see them use their money on other free agents. I also like the Idea of using a 2nd on T’Vondre Swreat, and I’m positive most here hate that idea, and I get why, because there will be really good OT’s and WR’s available there, I just think it could help turn them into the best defense in football, and love the idea of 370 lbs in the middle of their DL.
Your absolutely right, and everything you've said I agree with 10x over. Ridley wouldn't be mega expensive. He's coming off a good season, and I think he's a at this stage of his career 10-15 million dollar a season player. The draft for WRs has been our Achilles.. Hopefully it can change. It's just embarrassing the number of WRs for one reason or another that just don't work out for this organization. What I believe we should do, is spend on the O line sure up the tackle spots, sign a proven veteran at WR to help the bridge and ,the rookie.. the defense is what we should be also suring up agreed 100%

No, he’s not. He’s an overrated receiver who is on the downside of his career, but who teams that want a receiver “ desperately” will overpay. The Patriots aren’t desperate. Their needs can be addressed over this and next years offseason, and the biggest mistake they can make is to start overpaying players to fill needs, that’s the hallmark of teams that are always mediocre or just flat out suck. They should sign Noah Brown and the draft multiple WE’s. Then let the season play out, see who rises up on the unit and who they should cut loose, and then go for a bigger cost free agent elrexceiver in a better free agent market for them.

And the most impactful player about to hit the market is Christian Wilkins, and he should be their big target.
I didn't realize that being 29 is considered "on the down side of your career" for a receiver.

Christian Wilkins is exactly 1 year less than Ridley and plays a position that not many play effectively into their 30s.

I'd actually wager that Players like Xavier McKinney, at 25, is the most impactful player in this year's Free Agency Market. Danielle Hunter, Patrick Queen and Josh Jacobs are also highly impactful and rate up there as well.

Guess this means Mac Jones is back and will have a chance to compete for the starting job... Henry was one of Mac Jones' few supporters in the locker room
How's this take holding up, good buddy? :rofl:

He's a top 10 TE if he's got a competent QB throwing him the ball. Good signing.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back