PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman's Games With Names - Ongoing Discussion (04.09 - Ty Law)

He found Maddens take a knee comment kind of insulting like they were supposed to just bow down to the greatest show on turf.
One of the all-time weird analyst takes, even at the time. Neither team had any timeouts and the Pats had the chance to kick a field goal for the Super Bowl, and his suggestion was to play for overtime and a 50-50 chance of getting the ball. Insane

One of the all-time weird analyst takes, even at the time. Neither team had any timeouts and the Pats had the chance to kick a field goal for the Super Bowl, and his suggestion was to play for overtime and a 50-50 chance of getting the ball. Insane
It was not right even without hindsight but it was a different time then and not pressing things with a first year starter was not unheard of when pinned back like that. Now its insane.

It was not right even without hindsight but it was a different time then and not pressing things with a first year starter was not unheard of when pinned back like that. Now its insane.
You know, that's a fair point actually. Back in the day, "playing for overtime" and being crazy conservative was definitely more of a thing. Still nuts though

You know, that's a fair point actually. Back in the day, "playing for overtime" and being crazy conservative was definitely more of a thing. Still nuts though
Me and my father were at the game so we didn't hear Madden until much later. In the moment we knew we needed to be safe and if a play or two didn't go our way we'd then play for OT so it's not like we were too far off but not to at least try would have been a shame.

Episode with Ty Law just dropped! I'll continue to update this thread with newer drops if people are interested; I doubt each is worth their own thread. Just started listening, myself.

I'll update the first post with hyperlinks and indicate which page the episode is posted on for discussion.

Golden quote from Law on Manning: "He just kept coming my way. Dumbest **** ever." :rofl:

Episode with Ty Law just dropped! I'll continue to update this thread with newer drops if people are interested; I doubt each is worth their own thread. Just started listening, myself.

I'll update the first post with hyperlinks and indicate which page the episode is posted on for discussion.

Golden quote from Law on Manning: "He just kept coming my way. Dumbest **** ever." :rofl:

Appreciate updating the thread to keep them all in one place.

Best 2 hours of sports talk every week or every other week or so. Must listens for Patriots fans.

Great story from Ty about Bru. Ty talking about how often he'd face the 9 route and how teams would try to fade him with it. Sometimes Bru would have to call cover 2 just to give him a breather. Then Romeo would ask Bru about it and he'd just say ****ing Ty was tired.

Lol Ty talking about Bill as his DB coach. He said it was the best because you didn't have to study Bill did it already. Everything that he says is going to happen is going to happen.

Double lol Ty just called him the walking cheat sheet because he has all the answers.

Triple lol Ty laughing about how the battles would have gone at practice if the two of them played together.

Quadruple lol Ty cashed an 11k bet on Jules to win SB MVP.

trump lol first pick was off Kelly, he got Marino, and Young. His most picks were against Manning but his longest pick was vs Tom.

This is some funny stuff not sure it beats the other stuff above but Ty talking contract time is hilarious.

Love the stuff on Rodney. Said he belongs in the hall. Made the case for him. But also had some other good stories too.

Great interview but I thought they could have covered the game a little better somehow they talked more about 01 SB which obviously was great stuff.

Covered Ty's whole career very well. For me being a teenager when we drafted him he's one of those guys that was huge part of my childhood and huge part of our dynasty. He's one of my all time favorites. Probably him, Gronk, and Tom are in my top 5 and the next two depends on the day lol.

Last edited:
This is some funny stuff not sure it beats the other stuff above but Ty talking contract time is hilarious.

I was cracking up when he described that workout incentive clause disagreement with Bill.

It's nice when Julian goes into the weeds a bit with his guests and gets very "art of football" where they talk about technique, it's cool to see a player really in his element as he describes it. He did that with Reggie Bush and Bush was like "O_O" lmao.

Lol Ty talking about Bill as his DB coach. He said it was the best because you didn't have to study Bill did it already. Everything that he says is going to happen is going to happen.

Double lol Ty just called him the walking cheat sheet because he has all the answers.

Triple lol Ty laughing about how the battles would have gone at practice if the two of them played together.

Quadruple lol Ty cashed an 11k bet on Jules to win SB MVP.

trump lol first pick was off Kelly, he got Marino, and Young. His most picks were against Manning but his longest pick was vs Tom.

Love the stuff on Rodney. Said he belongs in the hall. Made the case for him. But also had some other good stories too.

When BB was younger, he was amazing. Not sure we will ever see that again.

When BB was younger, he was amazing. Not sure we will ever see that again.

In that piece that was a bunch of "anonymous team sources" talking about the bad vibes of the season, one of the closing quotes was along the lines "But, to be fair, he'll tell us something is gonna happen on Sunday and sure enough, it always ****ing does."

In that piece that was a bunch of "anonymous team sources" talking about the bad vibes of the season, one of the closing quotes was along the lines "But, to be fair, he'll tell us something is gonna happen on Sunday and sure enough, it always ****ing does."

Yup. Very smart guy. Those type of personalities are OK when they are younger, but not so easy to get along with when they are older. Being nice, like Mayo, does not necessarily translate to wins. We will see. In the meantime Dallas would be idiots not to hire BB in 2025 - the players will tolerate Bill for 1 or 2 years, and increase their chances for a title.

Last edited:
Yup. Very smart guy. Those type of personalities are OK when they are younger, but not so easy to get along with when they are older. Being nice, like Mayo, does not necessarily translate to wins. We will see. In the meantime Dallas would be idiots not to hire BB in 2025 - the players will tolerate Bill for 1 or 2 years, and increase thier chances for a title.

This year, in general, was one of the more bland years for this transition to happen:

The Patriots and their fanbase stoke flames of burning cash, yet it's a boring FA (relatively) for our needs.

Bill wants to still coach but really none of the teams open this year made sense.

This is all gonna be a bit of a slow burn if expectations aren't managed.

But I thought it was TB and TB only, that BB was just along for the ride. And yes, Ernie was a big loss to BB, but it just demonstrates how good of a coach BB was, surrounding himself with capable persons.

Yeah I was surprised in this clip Ty didn't say he gave credit to Tom

I knew Ty and his family about ten years ago because our kids were in school together. The only time I made him laugh was when I told him that he was Manning’s favorite receiver.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back