PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Injury News Thornton injury update

I can't, I tried to sleep it off but it's not going away.

I need the New England scout team to tell me how on Earth do you come up thinking Tyquan Thornton is a better pick over George Pickens, Skyy Moore or Alec Pierce.

Marcus Jones in the 3rd, is forgivable. But I'd have taken a nice LB here like Leo Chenal who's already all over the place and risk Jones falling to 4th, still some VERY decent CB's left there like Decobie Durant, Derrion Kendrick, Christian Bedford and Samuel Womack...

Pick up Tom Kennedy WR off the Detroit Practice squad and Charlie Wooten LB off the Arizona practice squad and i'll forgive you. Cole Christiansen LB sitting on waivers too.
Oh and shut up pu s y

Belichick could draft high busts at WR until he’s 90 years old and people here will still defend his drafting ability

Harrys was on IR for 8 games his rookie year.

Thrornton is rumored to be on IR for 8 games.
No. He isn't. Only by you.

Are we allowed to call Harry a bust now?

I remember crying when we drafted Aaron Dobson over collegiate star Keenan Allen in round 2. Posters here said “dobson is a better fit for our style of offense”

LOL

Lucky we had Brady, Gronk, Edelman in their primes so we were able to easily overcome the disastrous choice

I remember crying when we drafted Aaron Dobson over collegiate star Keenan Allen in round 2. Posters here said “dobson is a better fit for our style of offense”

LOL

Lucky we had Brady, Gronk, Edelman in their primes so we were able to easily overcome the disastrous choice
One of Aaron Dropson's biggest highlights was a one handed catch...He's been Mr. Discount Double catch in his short NFL career. :rolleyes:

Our draft bad luck has mitigated a bit in last 2 years . At least get 3 decent contributors for every draft from 2020. 2021 was probably a home run considering Mac, Barmore and Stevenson . If Bledsoe performs as well this season probably our best draft since 2010.

I am thinking Jack Jones is gonna really surprise us this year . Thornton should also come good with a 400 yard / 5 TD season. Somehow I feel strange will just be ok for us and prolly give us Wynn/Michel type of returns . Again this is just a gut feel . I hope I am wrong and strange becomes the next mankins for us .

Citation please.
Thornton underwent surgery last Monday, Aug. 22, to repair a broken collarbone, as reported by ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler. In his tweet reporting the news, Fowler says the recovery process “should be 6-8 weeks from the procedure but could vary depending on healing and re-acclimation to football.”

A six-week timeline would have Thornton back with the Patriots ahead of their Week 5 game against the Detroit Lions, but it's also possible he misses New England's Week 6 game against the Cleveland Browns and/or the team's Week 7 matchup with the Chicago Bears.

Our draft bad luck has mitigated a bit in last 2 years . At least get 3 decent contributors for every draft from 2020. 2021 was probably a home run considering Mac, Barmore and Stevenson . If Bledsoe performs as well this season probably our best draft since 2010.

I am thinking Jack Jones is gonna really surprise us this year . Thornton should also come good with a 400 yard / 5 TD season. Somehow I feel strange will just be ok for us and prolly give us Wynn/Michel type of returns . Again this is just a gut feel . I hope I am wrong and strange becomes the next mankins for us .
It seems to me that the team started doing better in the draft after Caserio left for Houston. For all of the nepotism concerns with Groh, he seems to be doing a good job leading the draft.

Last edited:

If I had ever, even once, called a Gunnery Sergeant "Sergeant" like Gomer Pyle ALWAYS did, instead of "Gunny", I would've had my birthday taken away...

Whoever was the military advisor on that series did a terrible, Terrible job of it.

It's one of the reasons Major Dad was a FAR superior series.

There could be some good picks along the way too and 6 more superbowl wins and some here would still focus on the misses.

Some people are capable of doing both, you know.

Our draft bad luck has mitigated a bit in last 2 years . At least get 3 decent contributors for every draft from 2020.
2021 was probably a home run considering Mac, Barmore and Stevenson... If Bledsoe performs as well this season probably our best draft since 2010.

Who's the 3rd decent contributor from 2020 after Uncle Dugg & Onwenu?

Who's the 3rd decent contributor from 2020 after Uncle Dugg & Onwenu?
Jennings is showing immense promise along with uche who flashed when he was healthy .

Herron is a decent backup. Considering our past drafts , this is definitely a decent home run.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back