PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G injury creates interesting trade option.

I think the issue for us is that I don't think Josh could survive trading for Mac for anything decent and it not panning out. At least if he has a horrible season this year, it's because they settled for Jimmy and he got injured. If spends assets on Mac and it doesn't work, he has a problem.

So it depends on what we accept in a trade. Maybe a 4th
Flip that around. Not that he's likely to survive anyway, but would Belichick survive Mac excelling at Vegas?

Flip that around. Not that he's likely to survive anyway, but would Belichick survive Mac excelling at Vegas?
He shouldn't survive now anyways.

Doubt he survives anyway at least in his GM role but it will be hard proof that our team is not just a QB away.

Dream on. :zzz:
Sweet Dreams GIF
Patriots fans have the tendency to ridiculously overrate the trade value of their players - especially at the QB position.

Mac Jones - on most teams - is somewhere between 2nd string caliber and emergency QB. If he was traded to Vegas, he'd be backing up Hoyer. We'd be lucky to get a conditional 7th for him.

I'd stick with Mac over a 3rd or 4th round pick -- there's still a chance he can figure it out with us and that possibility is worth more than a mid-round draft pick, I think. Now a second rounder.......

PS: re: Jimmy, run away.... far away.

Last edited:
Belichick would probably trade Mac for Jimmy G with a broken arm & Leg.

Don’t worry…. Just a thought…. We have a better chance at power ball than Bob Kraft allowing that trade
I don't see Jimmy G leaving Vegas. The stadium has a brand new medical facility.

Latest on Jimmy. They thought he might have had internal injuries? Yikes. Makes me think of Drew...

Glad it's probably not too serious.

Never mind Jimmy G, bring back Hoyer. Did you see those lasers he was throwing? Imagine him dropping dimes into the path of Parker, err, scratch that idea.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
The 'team need' semantics make sense.....

Raiders still have hope 'record-wise' and just lost their QB, so they'd be willing to trade for one.

The Pats are done 'record-wise' and are at the point where losing more actually may be beneficial.

I still think the contract may be a deal-breaker, right? Wouldn't the Raiders have to decide whether or not to pick up the big contract on Mac after this year? Most likely they would not, and therefore you are asking a 3rd or 4th for a 3/4 season rental.

Not saying it couldn't be done, but I suppose that's how the Raiders would like at it.

But who knows, maybe they do think it's just a matter of talent around him and that he could be their future.

Wonder if Josh would give us a 2 for Mac?

Seriously….if he believes Mac got a raw deal, and just needs a reset and better talent, might make sense.

Hell I’d take a 3 and 4.

Raiders can’t go into next week with Hoyer at QB.

Mac is done here, why not?

I would make that deal in a minute. I would also trade Jones for Garrapolo. He’s injured too often, but he’s a good QB when healthy, and I would then use next years 1st for a QB.

Patriots fans have the tendency to ridiculously overrate the trade value of their players - especially at the QB position.

Mac Jones - on most teams - is somewhere between 2nd string caliber and emergency QB. If he was traded to Vegas, he'd be backing up Hoyer. We'd be lucky to get a conditional 7th for him.
Preach Brother preach Hoyer throws a better ball: beautiful long one yesterday hitting WR in stride.

Why would Belichick do that?

As bad as Mac is, the rest of our QB depth is so bad they've all been cut at least once by us/other teams this very season.

Anyone who thinks Belichick would ever want to "tank" (especially when that such a record would guarantee he wouldn't be here the next season) is insane.

Bill most likely knows the season is over, but he still will want to win as many games as possible for both gis job and pride as possibly final year.

Latest on Jimmy. They thought he might have had internal injuries? Yikes. Makes me think of Drew...

Glad it's probably not too serious.

nah no internal injuries, Jimmy G is just a giant ****y

i think there are former patriots that have basically said he was a little ***** (including Edelman)

and people want to sign him over Mac lololol

masochists

The Vegas Docs just announced that Jimmy is going to make it.

A full recovery.

Do it Josh: Mac played well for you and you have actual talent around him. I feel bad for Mac now BB have not helped him in two straight years.

Jimmy or Hoyer would be dead by now if they played behind this line. I'll give mac a few credit points for being somewhat tough. Pass on trading for washed, borderline washed, and extremely fragile players.

Jimmy or Hoyer would be dead by now if they played behind this line. I'll give mac a few credit points for being somewhat tough. Pass on trading for washed, borderline washed, and extremely fragile players.
He has been physically tough but not mentally. Maybe he can shake it.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back