PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G injury creates interesting trade option.

UGAPatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Wonder if Josh would give us a 2 for Mac?

Seriously….if he believes Mac got a raw deal, and just needs a reset and better talent, might make sense.

Hell I’d take a 3 and 4.

Raiders can’t go into next week with Hoyer at QB.

Mac is done here, why not?

Seriously….if he believes Mac got a raw deal, and just needs a reset and better talent, might make sense.

Hell I’d take a 3 and 4.

Yeah I brought this up in the postgame thread.

I think on the right team Mac can be decent. He’s had his moments. Or he might very well be a system guy.

I don’t believe this is the right team for him at this point in time and any upside he might have probably won’t see the light of day. Which is weird because it wasn’t supposed to be this way when he was drafted.

Yeah I brought this up in the postgame thread.

I think on the right team Mac can be decent. He’s had his moments. Or he might very well be a system guy.

I don’t believe this is the right team for him at this point in time and any upside he might have probably won’t see the light of day. Which is weird because it wasn’t supposed to be this way when he was drafted.
I do think Mac got a raw deal last year, and this one.

He needs great weapons and a solid line to be good.

We don’t have that, and won’t for a while.

Get whatever you can, snd move on.

Then move on from T Brown, Onwenu, and anyone else besides Gonzalez that anyone wants.

Finally, fire Bill.

Now, end of year, whatever.

But need to start over.

I do think Mac got a raw deal last year, and this one.

He needs great weapons and a solid line to be good.

We don’t have that, and won’t for a while.

Get whatever you can, snd move on.

Then move on from T Brown, Onwenu, and anyone else besides Gonzalez that anyone wants.

Finally, fire Bill.

Now, end of year, whatever.

But need to start over.
Yup. And Mac isn’t the first QB to flame out because of his situation. That’s the NFL for ya nobody said it had to be fair I guess…

Belichick would probably trade Mac for Jimmy G with a broken arm & Leg.

Don’t worry…. Just a thought…. We have a better chance at powerball than Bob Kraft allowing that trade

Belichick would probably trade Mac for Jimmy G with a broken arm & Leg.

Don’t worry…. Just a thought…. We have a better chance at powerball than Bob Kraft allowing that trade
I don’t want Jimmy back, but a 3 would get it done. 2 would be highway robbery.

Hell I’d take a 3 and 4.

Yeah….umm ….No!!!!

Yup. And Mac isn’t the first QB to flame out because of his situation. That’s the NFL for ya nobody said it had to be fair I guess…
Yep. First and foremost it's about the $$$

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
No! This roster and coaching staff needs to cleaned out.

Josh has been the only coach to keep Mac between the lines. Would love to move him for anything between a 2nd-4th if some fool would accept it.

Got to feel for Mac though. If he landed with basically 90% of other teams in the league, got to think he’d be doing better right now.

Hell I’d take a 3 and 4.

You think Vegas would trade a 2 for a guy who would be their 3rd string qb?

Less puff, more pass my friend.

I think they’d send a 3. The writing is on the wall with Jimmy, he’s gonna miss time and Hoyer may not be able to go next year at his age as a backup either. So getting Mac to help now and also to be there next year as either a cheap backup or a potential starter seems worth the move. I’m sure Josh thinks he can get him back to where he was in 2021.

From NE’s perspective, yeah the roster and coaching staff may be headed for a clean out, but we all probably know that whoever is here next year isn’t gonna want to keep Mac anyway so why keep him now? Get the pick while the value is high. Doesn’t matter who will eventually be here to use it.

I think they’d send a 3. The writing is on the wall with Jimmy, he’s gonna miss time and Hoyer may not be able to go next year at his age as a backup either. So getting Mac to help now and also to be there next year as either a cheap backup or a potential starter seems worth the move. I’m sure Josh thinks he can get him back to where he was in 2021.

From NE’s perspective, yeah the roster and coaching staff may be headed for a clean out, but we all probably know that whoever is here next year isn’t gonna want to keep Mac anyway so why keep him now? Get the pick while the value is high. Doesn’t matter who will eventually be here to use it.
I know they couldn’t because Mac was not ready to play but would have been nice if they traded Zappe after the Cleveland game. Selling high is always the goal.

The trade deadline is the end of the month after the Bills and Lolphins? If Mac is OK for two weeks he might be worth a 2nd if Mark Davis wants to salvage his season.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back