PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G injury creates interesting trade option.

The trade deadline is the end of the month after the Bills and Lolphins? If Mac is OK for two weeks he might be worth a 2nd if Mark Davis wants to salvage his season.
I’d be willing to bet Ziegler and Bill will have had a discussion about it by the end of the night. Probably exploratory, depends on the medical diagnosis on Jimmy and what Davis thinks. Hoyer is not built to last the rest of the season. When the Pats turned to him last year, he made it all of 1 drive. And Aidan O’Connell looked lost.

I’d be willing to bet Ziegler and Bill will have had a discussion about it by the end of the night. Probably exploratory, depends on the medical diagnosis on Jimmy and what Davis thinks. Hoyer is not built to last the rest of the season. When the Pats turned to him last year, he made it all of 1 drive. And Aidan O’Connell looked lost.

Hoyer scored what? 6 points in the 2nd half? He is done. I read JG was taken to the hospital. JG is most likely done. The Raiders have few options. McDaniels has won three games. They have a shot. Mac might be better than JG with McDaniels as a coach.

PS The Super Bowl is in Las Vegas this year. M Davis has to wonder if the Raiders somehow win a few playoff games, a Super Bowl at home has to be every owners dream.

I think the issue for us is that I don't think Josh could survive trading for Mac for anything decent and it not panning out. At least if he has a horrible season this year, it's because they settled for Jimmy and he got injured. If spends assets on Mac and it doesn't work, he has a problem.

So it depends on what we accept in a trade. Maybe a 4th

PS The Super Bowl is in Las Vegas this year. M Davis has to wonder if the Raiders somehow win a few playoff games, a Super Bowl at home has to be every owners dream.
Good point, I didn’t think of that aspect. Their next few games are easier before they have a few tougher ones against Miami, KC, the Chargers and KC again. I’m sure they’d like to get Mac in and comfortable during the easier stretch before they hope for him to beat any of those teams. It’s not gonna happen with Aidan O’Connell.

Good point, I didn’t think of that aspect. Their next few games are easier before they have a few tougher ones against Miami, KC, the Chargers and KC again. I’m sure they’d like to get Mac in and comfortable during the easier stretch before they hope for him to beat any of those teams. It’s not gonna happen with Aidan O’Connell.

We can only hope. Mac is not the answer. Josh made Mac look good in 2021.

I think the issue for us is that I don't think Josh could survive trading for Mac for anything decent and it not panning out. At least if he has a horrible season this year, it's because they settled for Jimmy and he got injured. If spends assets on Mac and it doesn't work, he has a problem.

So it depends on what we accept in a trade. Maybe a 4th
I don’t think many people will be like “Well, give Josh a pass because Jimmy got hurt.” OF COURSE he got hurt, he always gets hurt!! I think most people would say he shouldn’t have pushed Derek Carr out the door just to turn to injury-prone Garoppolo if he couldn’t handle it when Garoppolo inevitably got hurt.

We can only hope. Mac is not the answer. Josh made Mac look good in 2021.
I’m sure Josh can try to convince ownership that he can get Mac back to a good place. Josh probably also knows that he’s not winning many games without Jimmy, and if he doesn’t win many games, he’s probably out of a job - so Mac might be his savior. We’ll see.

I don’t think many people will be like “Well, give Josh a pass because Jimmy got hurt.” OF COURSE he got hurt, he always gets hurt!! I think most people would say he shouldn’t have pushed Derek Carr out the door just to turn to injury-prone Garoppolo if he couldn’t handle it when Garoppolo inevitably got hurt.
What I mean is, it was obvious the Raiders didn't get their QB of the future last off season and settled on Jimmy. If the guy that to settle on doesn't work you can forgive it. If you over extend to get someone else and he fails... then you have something to answer for.

I don’t believe this is the right team for him at this point in time and any upside he might have probably won’t see the light of day. Which is weird because it wasn’t supposed to be this way when he was drafted.
Normally, when a team has a rookie QB who shows promise, they try to build around him. Belichick chose . . . something else.

Hoyer scored what? 6 points in the 2nd half? He is done. I read JG was taken to the hospital. JG is most likely done. The Raiders have few options. McDaniels has won three games. They have a shot. Mac might be better than JG with McDaniels as a coach.
McDaniels claims it was a "precaution."

I do not believe the Raiders can get out from JG's contract until 2024 with out a huge cap hit. ($28m next year)

The trade deadline is the end of the month after the Bills and Lolphins? If Mac is OK for two weeks he might be worth a 2nd if Mark Davis wants to salvage his season.
Dream on. :zzz:
Sweet Dreams GIF

You guys know Jimmy went to the hospital, right?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back