PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Injury News Thornton Dealing with 'soft-tissue' injury

He made it through ONE OTA before getting hurt again....

View attachment 51407
He broke his collar bone when multiple defenders all landed on him at the same time last preseason and after a vague report of a soft tissue injury not otherwise specified during OTAs, the kid gets labeled as injury prone by the douchebag-think-they-are-humorous-but-aren’t segment of Pats Nation.

You have no idea what the injury is or how severe is it….ie. you know nothing, so par for the course with you and your ilk. It could be any number of injuries, including something as benign as a thigh bruise. It is also possible that he would be practicing, if if were the regular season.

I am hoping that he ends up being a major factor in this season, not only for the benefit of the team, but also so that he can stick it up the corn holes of the Fellowship of the Miserable.

I want Thornton to succeed. But this news does us no good . Last time his development was stunted due to being injured during preseason and Patricia as OC. Now the pattern seems to be repeating and considering our history with wide receiver drafts room for optimism slowly starts to reduce.

I hope he gets on the field soon else ita going to be Boutte and Douglas this season for us and signing Hopkins becomes a priority.

He broke his collar bone when multiple defenders all landed on him at the same time last preseason and after a vague report of a soft tissue injury not otherwise specified during OTAs, the kid gets labeled as injury prone by the douchebag-think-they-are-humorous-but-aren’t segment of Pats Nation.

You have no idea what the injury is or how severe is it….ie. you know nothing, so par for the course with you and your ilk. It could be any number of injuries, including something as benign as a thigh bruise. It is also possible that he would be practicing, if if were the regular season.

I am hoping that he ends up being a major factor in this season, not only for the benefit of the team, but also so that he can stick it up the corn holes of the Fellowship of the Miserable.
The effin trolls here are *hoping* Thornton will be a be a bust in hopes that it will further discredit BB drafts.

Yep. When I read soft tissue injury I figured some of the muscle mass he added by bulking up in the weight room needs to adjust to motion not resistance training, and/or he is still learning how to operate his new body. Probably needs more stretching and warm up than he’s used to, so he pulled a hammy or something. He’s not used to having muscles. Definitely not like a broken collarbone.

Conflating one broken bone with one undefined soft tissue issue as being injury prone is a great way for folks to say they don’t know what they’re talking about, without saying they don’t know what they’re talking about.

Yep. When I read soft tissue injury I figured some of the muscle mass he added by bulking up in the weight room needs to adjust to motion not resistance training, and/or he is still learning how to operate his new body. Probably needs more stretching and warm up than he’s used to, so he pulled a hammy or something. He’s not used to having muscles. Definitely not like a broken collarbone.

Conflating one broken bone with one undefined soft tissue issue as being injury prone is a great way for folks to say they don’t know what they’re talking about, without saying they don’t know what they’re talking about.

It's also voluntary OTA's, so my guess is they encourage any player who's dealing with ANYTHING to sit out. Last thing they want is a PA complaint because they pressured (or even just ALLOWED) a player to practice injured in a voluntary workout.

I'll never say any injury is a good sign, but until he's missing practices in TC I'm not going to assume the worst.

It's also voluntary OTA's, so my guess is they encourage any player who's dealing with ANYTHING to sit out. Last thing they want is a PA complaint because they pressured (or even just ALLOWED) a player to practice injured in a voluntary workout.

I'll never say any injury is a good sign, but until he's missing practices in TC I'm not going to assume the worst.
Also having veterans sit out and get healthy gives the rookies and newcomers more chance to work and learn and be evaluated.

plus if the cause is a need to learn and change workout or warmup routines for veterans it gives them a better chance to get right and avoid future issues and nagging problems.

seems like a win/win to have them sitting out if not 100% but some will still find a way to make it negative.

He broke his collar bone when multiple defenders all landed on him at the same time last preseason. It could be any number of injuries, including something as benign as a thigh bruise. It is also possible that he would be practicing, if if were the regular season.

I am hoping that he ends up being a major factor in this season for the benefit of the team.
This portion of your post I agree with.....the rest of your post is just BS.

Last edited:
The effin trolls here are *hoping* Thornton will be a be a bust in hopes that it will further discredit BB drafts.
As if rooting for or against the guy makes any difference at all. If he amounts to nothing then yes it's another WR bust with salt in the wounds of other players succeeding (e.g. George Pickens). Or he can prove the doubters wrong. But doubt won't do him in, the lack of size and the limited skill set will. And I'm pretty sure fans of the team root for quality players and a good product. You mistake doubt for wanting. People generally want Thornton to be good, but at the same time if he's not, then it's fair to point it out (or even speculate about it before it conclusively happens... we're all still guessing at this point).

He made it through ONE OTA before getting hurt again....

Absolutely no one saw that coming…,

Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, Aaron Dobson, Brandon Tate, Taylor Price, N’Keal Harry say hello.

Good grief, I almost forgot how bad some of these stiffs were.. Chad Jackson where are ye….

Are you a fan of the Patriots? I am. It matters to me.
I meant in terms of how the players performs. What you or I want or don't want doesn't matter. But as I explained before, I want Thornton to be good, I just doubt he will be. I would have much preferred Pickens at that spot in the draft (Thornton wasn't even on my radar there) and year one returns heavily favor that preference. So yes, had I been the GM of the team in that moment, we'd be talking about Pickens instead of Thornton. And we'd have the better receiver. That said, I hope Thornton has an unexpected breakout season.

Absolutely no one saw that coming…,

Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, Aaron Dobson, Brandon Tate, Taylor Price, N’Keal Harry say hello.

Good grief, I almost forgot how bad some of these stiffs were.. Chad Jackson where are ye….
On Dobson.. it wasn't so much he couldn't play.. it was just he hardly was on the field with various injuries.. he actually wasn't half bad his rookie season! The rest were just bust! Chad Jackson and Harry thier attitude is what held them back from becoming anything in the NFL.. Brandon tate was a good STs player and flashed here and there on offense but the knee injuries derailed his career. Bethel Johnson elite speed could never put it together as an NFL WR.. I don't believe Thornton will go down that road! Hopefully!!

As if rooting for or against the guy makes any difference at all. If he amounts to nothing then yes it's another WR bust with salt in the wounds of other players succeeding (e.g. George Pickens). Or he can prove the doubters wrong. But doubt won't do him in, the lack of size and the limited skill set will. And I'm pretty sure fans of the team root for quality players and a good product. You mistake doubt for wanting. People generally want Thornton to be good, but at the same time if he's not, then it's fair to point it out (or even speculate about it before it conclusively happens... we're all still guessing at this point).
I meant in terms of how the players performs. What you or I want or don't want doesn't matter. But as I explained before, I want Thornton to be good, I just doubt he will be. I would have much preferred Pickens at that spot in the draft (Thornton wasn't even on my radar there) and year one returns heavily favor that preference. So yes, had I been the GM of the team in that moment, we'd be talking about Pickens instead of Thornton. And we'd have the better receiver. That said, I hope Thornton has an unexpected breakout season.

What a dour freaking twit you are. In addition to ...

model24b-1.jpg

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back