PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyquan bulking up “Year II”… or “Groundhog Day”

Since1960

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
2023 - In order to accomplish those goals, Thornton focused on several areas of his preparation. Among them is getting stronger, and adding more bulk to his frame.

2024 - New England Patriots wide receiver Tyquan Thornton is adding some serious muscle in the offseason.

So far, he’s our “One-Catch Wonder” - 34 games paid, 22 games played, and 35 receptions.

Last edited:
2023 - In order to accomplish those goals, Thornton focused on several areas of his preparation. Among them is getting stronger, and adding more bulk to his frame.

2024 - New England Patriots wide receiver Tyquan Thornton is adding some serious muscle in the offseason.
Uh huh. And did you also buy into the N'Keal Harry hype video?

I'll wait for him to prove it on the field in an actual NFL game. Talk is cheap. Hype videos are cheap. The real proof is in the pudding.

So far, he’s our “One-Catch Wonder” - 34 games paid, 22 games played, and 35 receptions.
He has 35 receptions? That seems like an awful lot. I thought he had like 10-15 max.

2023 - In order to accomplish those goals, Thornton focused on several areas of his preparation. Among them is getting stronger, and adding more bulk to his

My money is on an off season injury in the weight room which will save him the embarrassment of getting hurt in training camp.

Our WRs suck and Blow

We should rebrand ourself as wr draft busters ....

If you Have a wr friend / fiend whom you want to screw over ... hype him and get him drafted by the Pats in early 3 rounds..

Not buying the hype ..

I totally buy it. Hit the weights, a few smoothies, 145 by September is totally doable.
And “VOILA” we’ve got our new Tight End”!!

I don’t think it makes sense for him to bulk up honestly… Just let him be slender and fast.

I do maintain some tiny sliver of hope that the move to a West Coast offense where the receivers have much less mental strain in their route running responsibilities will let Thornton actually achieve something. Thinking of Elijah Moore on Cleveland last year who was solid.

Well this is his 2nd year of “bulking up” and he did comment he needs a “XXL” jersey now - so “slender & fast” may now be “bulky & slow”!

Imagine being a professional athlete with his weight and frame being an issue, yet waits until year 3 to "bulk up".

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Well this is his 2nd year of “bulking up” and he did comment he needs a “XXL” jersey now - so “slender & fast” may now be “bulky & slow”!
Somebody teach him how to run and not just run fast ...

he will change his name to Tyron Thorr

I don’t think it makes sense for him to bulk up honestly… Just let him be slender and fast.

I do maintain some tiny sliver of hope that the move to a West Coast offense where the receivers have much less mental strain in their route running responsibilities will let Thornton actually achieve something. Thinking of Elijah Moore on Cleveland last year who was solid.
Yup. I was under the impression that it was the route running and mental stuff that was the problem, not his size

hopefully he hits the jugs machine as well. A new system may help him along with better coaching. I still have hope

Right. He can work out with his new twiggy buddy Jaylen Daniels

somebody, anybody, can you provide the slightest glimmer of hope that this guy pans out? please?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back