PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyquan bulking up “Year II”… or “Groundhog Day”

Can we trade him for a 6th? #Bust

Uh huh. And did you also buy into the N'Keal Harry hype video?

I'll wait for him to prove it on the field in an actual NFL game. Talk is cheap. Hype videos are cheap. The real proof is in the pudding.

Even without pads he is too slow to be a wr. I've seen countless corners with catlike speed who would need no effort keeping up with the speed he is running at in this video..sheesh.

He needs bulking up his cranium ...

he will change his name to Tyron Thorr
I was thinking more like Ty'Keal HarryThorn. He could represent the ultimate combination of Patriots draft failure at the WR position!

I don’t think it makes sense for him to bulk up honestly… Just let him be slender and fast.

I do maintain some tiny sliver of hope that the move to a West Coast offense where the receivers have much less mental strain in their route running responsibilities will let Thornton actually achieve something. Thinking of Elijah Moore on Cleveland last year who was solid.
Less mental strain yes BUT requires precise routes which was a serious issue for him both seasons.

He should've spent the entire off season last yr with Mac but apparently they did nothing

Dudes a bum

Tquan beating the press is up there with a snow balls chance in hell.

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

somebody, anybody, can you provide the slightest glimmer of hope that this guy pans out? please?
The glimmer of hope would be that sometimes it just takes guys longer to figure things out.

The flip side to that is that guy is usually someone like Troy or Jules who at least made their bones on special teams and you could see something.

If your qbs suck your wrs don’t get catches.

Less mental strain yes BUT requires precise routes which was a serious issue for him both seasons.
True, they do need to be more crisp. Hopefully if he doesn’t need to think and can focus on nailing running the specific routes he needs to run, he can improve. Or at least, improve enough to look good in preseason and fetch a draft pick in a trade!

And if your receivers can’t get open, your QB won’t get completions. Chicken-egg theory but then if the OL can’t protect longer than 2 seconds then they’re both screwed…

True, they do need to be more crisp. Hopefully if he doesn’t need to think and can focus on nailing running the specific routes he needs to run, he can improve. Or at least, improve enough to look good in preseason and fetch a draft pick in a trade!
With his new found bulk maybe we could trade him to the Ravens so he can block for Lamar!

Last edited:
Maybe he should work on his hands and r/r

Thornton is a complete bust and will remain as such. Too frail to stay on the field with frying pan hands. Athlete, not a football player.

I don’t think it makes sense for him to bulk up honestly… Just let him be slender and fast.

I do maintain some tiny sliver of hope that the move to a West Coast offense where the receivers have much less mental strain in their route running responsibilities will let Thornton actually achieve something. Thinking of Elijah Moore on Cleveland last year who was solid.
he can be slender and fast all he wants, but if he get hurts everytime the wind blows, he's not going to play.

Availability is what he needs more then anything else.

This is his last go around with the Pats. It’s put up or shut up time for TT.

I’m cautiously optimistic but my expectations are low at this point.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back