PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyquan bulking up “Year II”… or “Groundhog Day”

When I first saw this headline in the news feed my brain thought it said "Tyquan Underwood" and I thought it was weird that a coach was bulking up for the season.

That's all I got on this.

When I first saw this headline in the news feed my brain thought it said "Tyquan Underwood" and I thought it was weird that a coach was bulking up for the season.

That's all I got on this.
Troy Brown did it. Worked out great.

Tyquan The Swan looking to rebrand. Hope it goes better than last time.

Turning heads in the cafeteria? Turning heads in the weight room?

Yeah, we'll see how Tyquan does in YEAR 3....

Took him 2 years to get there!!
Crazy that #12 overall Jameson Williams (a board fave including mine but not that high) only has 25rec, 395yds, 3TD in just 4 fewer games. Got waaayyyy more upside than TT11, though.

I'm shocked and thankfully so wrong about how durable DeVonta Smith has been.

Thornton’s a bust, regardless how much his bicep expands. Just look at those chicken legs!

I just really hope they get rid of Parker. This complete lack of awareness in blocking (which we didn't see with Jakobi or even guys like Reagor) is still pissing me off. This was gonna be a 75yd TD run, assuming Khalil Mack wasn't gonna get there. Then again, Pats would probably be picking 5th right now if TT got in, so never mind.

You do realize that 6'4" 215 lbs is not twiggy. Brady was 6'4.3", 211 pounds at the combine.
no one really knows what Daniels weight is. Hopefully they weigh him at combine but I doubt it.
The eye test to me says he is NOT 215.

no one really knows what Daniels weight is. Hopefully they weigh him at combine but I doubt it.
The eye test to me says he is NOT 215.

Quite a conundrum when both getting on a scale, or not, could drop your draft spot.

I dont understand fans hating on players with such glee. Yes, tyquan has been terrible. I am pulling for him to turn it around. He is still a young player with killer speed.

I dont understand fans hating on players with such glee. Yes, tyquan has been terrible. I am pulling for him to turn it around. He is still a young player with killer speed.
He hasn't even been terrible, the results have been terrible due to them having no QB and his missing time as a rookie.

You generally know who a prospect is by year three, but some players don't emerge until well after that.

For the first four years of his career on the old boston.com/forums Julian Edelman was considered an injury prone receiver with stone hands... he didn't break out until year five. Granted he was a QB making a position switch, but a WR with no QB has no chance at all.

The Patriots need a QB before they can develop rookie receivers... the horse comes before the cart.

You should know that multiple prolific posters here are unhappy, miserable people who live to hate on players and coaches with glee. It is their crack.

Continue...I am going on record and say Tyquan gets cut or Traded in TC 24. To his supporters not many mind you I can tell when a player is not very good we have seen the Tyquan movie before trust me.

2023 - In order to accomplish those goals, Thornton focused on several areas of his preparation. Among them is getting stronger, and adding more bulk to his frame.

2024 - New England Patriots wide receiver Tyquan Thornton is adding some serious muscle in the offseason.

So far, he’s our “One-Catch Wonder” - 34 games paid, 22 games played, and 35 receptions.
His problem is not his size.

His problem is he can't run routes and his footwork is terrible.

His problem is not his size.

His problem is he can't run routes and his footwork is terrible.
Let *him* know that - he’s the one blabbin to sportwriters about “bulking” up over the last 2 off-seasons. Fact is, if he can’t stay on the field then it won’t matter if he becomes the second coming of Fred Biletnikoff..

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back