PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Injury News Thornton Dealing with 'soft-tissue' injury

FYI, TT had the soft tissue injury in June. He recovered and participated in camp where he suffered a shoulder injury severe enough to put him on the IR. Sadly it seems as if looks are not deceiving and he is too fragile to be successful in the NFL.

It certainly hasn't been what we were hopimng for and so desparately need (speed)

They worked out Shi Smith WR South Carolina yesterday. I wanted him in the 2022 draft.
I think he will fit right in.

They worked out Shi Smith WR South Carolina yesterday. I wanted him in the 2022 draft.
I think he will fit right in.

Oh joy, another gun nut with a testosterone problem. And he was wearing number 13 like Jack Jones....but hey, maybe this is an reclamation project/bargain, and maybe they can figure out a way to get this kid to grow up. They have not not (so far) for Jack Jones, but who knows.

The book hasn't closed yet on TT, but he is definitely giving off some major Ras-I, Terrence Wheatley, Derek Rivers vibes.

With TT they went for the high risk homerun pick.
They needed an elite vertical threat and took a shot.
At least they did not pick a long snapper.
When he was picked many of us on this board questioned his skinny frame, and the obvious higher risk of injuries. So far this has been even worse than I would’ve imagined, given that he has started both of his first two years on injured reserve.

Can’t feel too bad about this because many including me have been pushing for the pats to take more upside risks with their draft picks

With TT they went for the high risk homerun pick.
They needed an elite vertical threat and took a shot.
At least they did not pick a long snapper.
When he was picked many of us on this board questioned his skinny frame, and the obvious higher risk of injuries. So far this has been even worse than I would’ve imagined, given that he has started both of his first two years on injured reserve.

Can’t feel too bad about this because many including me have been pushing for the pats to take more upside risks with their draft picks

The problem with that is, BoneyT would've likely been available around the same area where guys like Romeo Doubs & Khalil Shakir were taken; so why use a 2nd-rounder (and to trade UP in it too) for somebody when one of those 4th-rounders would've done just as well? And don't fall for the spin from One Patriot Place about ****tsdirt taking him instead of Pickens; only the Baron of Graymatter believes it.

So after Sundays game I guess he's eligible to come back. What are people expecting from Tyqan T?? Knowing he can be a real deep threat I would use him to clear things out for the underneath guys.

So after Sundays game I guess he's eligible to come back. What are people expecting from Tyqan T?? Knowing he can be a real deep threat I would use him to clear things out for the underneath guys.

He had his moments last year. He definitely needed to clean up some of his rookie mistakes (not working the sideline right, slowing down on his routes when looking back for the ball), but he did make some big plays. The Pats desperately need speed in their receiving corp and at this point unless they trade for a Jerry Jeudy, Thornton is the guy.

Bored Nothing GIF

I am not expecting anything. I think the ship has sailed, hope to be wrong.

He's eligible, but is his shoulder (or whatever it was) recovered? He may need more time to heal. I'm hoping it's the opposite, that's he's been ready for 10 days and is ready to go full speed starting Monday.

I can't find it now but someone posted this week that BoneyT was practicing. I haven't seen any eyewitness confirmation though.

It truly is amazing to me how many times I read posts like this, whining about Pats fans who don't agree with them. You need to lighten up and not get so damn defensive any time there's even a hint of criticism.

But since you want to go that way, lets. Thornton is indeed off to an injury prone start and anyone that doesn't see that must have Bill's butt cheeks blocking their vision.

The true fellowship of the miserable are you and your ilk.
That’s all he does. Just complains about people complaining. Have you seen him break down some X’s and O’s? Nope. Is he funny? Nah. There’s zero value he brings to the board. Useless as tits on a bull.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back