Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Mac or Zappe

• Zappe

• Mac

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are you saying that wins is a meaningless stat? I think it's pretty relevant if his record is 3-10 when the D allows >17 pts. That tells me his wins are mainly because of the defense.
The premise is actually ok, but there is also a lot of reasons that would skew that stat. It punishes him for blowout wins where the offense scored a lot, it punishes him for plays that had nothing to do with him, it could punish him for the defense not holding when they have a lead, and it profits him for garbage touchdowns like the Jets scored last time they played.
There are too many external factors that contribute to that stat, the premise is probably valid, but the stat meh.

He def threw a bone headed pick six that was called back on an unrelated roughing the passer call.

I think that was two games ago. I don't remember that against the Colts?

Since Jones returned vs the Bears he has had 27 drives

2 TD
10 FGs
2 INTs

1 of the TD was setup on the 2 yard line by a blocked punt, 6 of the FGs were setup by the defense or ST giving the offense field poistion in the other teams side of the field and 1 of those FGs shouldn't have even happened as Jones threw a pick 6 but luckily a jets defender was an idiot coming in high and helmet first.

So take those out
20 drives
1 TD
4 FGs
2 INT
More INTs than TDs is bad.

Say what you want about Zappe but the guy alone in the Bears game got it in the end zone on 2 drives as much as Jones has managed to in 27 drives and that's with 1/3 (9) of the drives being setup in opponent's territory by defense or ST for Jones

Since Jones returned vs the Bears he has had 27 drives

2 TD
10 FGs
2 INTs

1 of the TD was setup on the 2 yard line by a blocked punt, 6 of the FGs were setup by the defense or ST giving the offense field poistion in the other teams side of the field and 1 of those FGs shouldn't have even happened as Jones threw a pick 6 but luckily a jets defender was an idiot coming in high and helmet first.

So take those out
20 drives
1 TD
4 FGs
2 INT
More INTs than TDs is bad.

Say what you want about Zappe but the guy alone in the Bears game got it in the end zone on 2 drives as much as Jones has managed to in 27 drives and that's with 1/3 (9) of the drives being setup in opponent's territory by defense or ST for Jones

No-one says bad things about Zappe.

Not knowing obv but this is my feeling

Mac is not great and it is taking longer to adjust to throwing to all three levels, but it is too early to decide one way or the other. In the last game Mac recognized and decided correctly where to go pre-snap with multiple reads, but he seems to have difficulty coming off his first read. In 2021 Mac was good at going through his progressions with simple reads, so hopefully he can combine the two skills going forward.

I was hopeful it would be a rapid transition this year to running the full playbook, but that did not happen. I am holding judgement until the end of the season in case I was wrong in my "rapid transition" expectation. I am still hopeful.

He def threw a bone headed pick six that was called back on an unrelated roughing the passer call.
That's only happened to him in the history of the NFL.

Reversed INTs don't happen to, for instance, Mahomes

I think that was two games ago. I don't remember that against the Colts?
That's right, that was against the Jets. The Colts also only have 4 interceptions on the year. So they aren't exactly ball hawks. Let's see how the next Jets game goes

That's only happened to him in the history of the NFL.

Reversed INTs don't happen to, for instance, Mahomes
Sure they happen to other people. But Mac has been throwing so many terrible passes with any real upside. So for him, he needs to dial that in, because 1 interception or turnover will lose us the game, more than likely. Mahommes can overcome that all day long

Sure they happen to other people. But Mac has been throwing so many terrible passes with any real upside. So for him, he needs to dial that in, because 1 interception or turnover will lose us the game, more than likely. Mahommes can overcome that all day long
I didn't think the Chiefs after losing Hill would run away with the pathetic West now the road to the SB is going through Arrow head Mahomes is balling.

Are you saying that wins is a meaningless stat? I think it's pretty relevant if his record is 3-10 when the D allows >17 pts. That tells me his wins are mainly because of the defense.

wins are a team stat, so, yeah....

No-one says bad things about Zappe.
People think he’s gong to have his passes constantly batted down.
I would rather that then the Balloons being thrown making plays to the sideline almost impossible.

Tell me with a straight face that you don’t cringe expecting a int when you see those Balloon passes take their time to get there.
It’s worse this season,
Is that due to the injury?
God I hope so, now as a fan I know Macs arm would look god like in my backyard of football with my friends but playing with the best of the best his arm has been among the worst of the worst.
Someone tell me I’m wrong, then make a list of starting QBs not just in the current NFL but let’s go the last 10 years with weaker arms.
I think we will find the list to be quite limited.

Interceptions are bad.

Yeah, enlightening

People think he’s gong to have his passes constantly batted down.
I would rather that then the Balloons being thrown making plays to the sideline almost impossible.

Tell me with a straight face that you don’t cringe expecting a int when you see those Balloon passes take their time to get there.
It’s worse this season,
Is that due to the injury?
God I hope so, now as a fan I know Macs arm would look god like in my backyard of football with my friends but playing with the best of the best his arm has been among the worst of the worst.
Someone tell me I’m wrong, then make a list of starting QBs not just in the current NFL but let’s go the last 10 years with weaker arms.
I think we will find the list to be quite limited.
I hope he learned to throw some lasers over the by-week because those ducks won't cut it going forward. The Defense knows that Mac ain't using all of the field and that makes one easy to defend.

I didn't think the Chiefs after losing Hill would run away with the pathetic West now the road to the SB is going through Arrow head Mahomes is balling.
I know right.

Arguing that Mac isn't a bad QB because everyone throws almost interceptions is a pretty stupid argument
It's actually not.

It's just the counter to your argument that we should count an interception that wasn't--now that's stupid

It's actually not.

It's just the counter to your argument that we should count an interception that wasn't--now that's stupid
So you think that the coaches aren't evaluating those passes in the film room? Like BB is just going to go, that pass didn't count during the game, so let's not worry about it.

Mac has a body of evidence of throwing enough bad passes that puts the team in an abundance of unfavorable situations. Everyone in the NFL is judged on what they did during each play regardless of the outcome. It's simply another pass that shows Mac isn't cutting it in the NFL right now

So you think that the coaches aren't evaluating those passes in the film room? Like BB is just going to go, that pass didn't count during the game, so let's not worry about it.

Mac has a body of evidence of throwing enough bad passes that puts the team in an abundance of unfavorable situations. Everyone in the NFL is judged on what they did during each play regardless of the outcome. It's simply another pass that shows Mac isn't cutting it in the NFL right now
Mac better start cutting it because if he can't after Thanksgiving we might be talking the upcoming Draft. The Jets are coming to play on Sunday thanks to Buffalo.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back