PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Malcolm Mitchell on Injured Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
How we were able to repeat back in 2004 is incredible. Going that far into the season is very tough for the body and I am not surprised by the rush of injuries, but WR was one area I thought we were set.

He has explosiveness. He doesn't have top end speed.

The Pats had every opportunity to keep Carr if they wanted to - they must not have been wowed - I think based more on practice. But top end speed is not what a slot guy needs. Edelman does not have great top end speed - that Buffalo LB ran him down from behind. I still think Carr can play in this league - but maybe too long a project for us and there are a lot of short white guys looking to play slot.

So I suppose Dorsett may have been more of a Mitchell replacement than Edelman.

I still think James White will essentially be our 'Edelman replacement'.

Or Burkhead.

Side note, but this news makes Reiss' tweet the other day look prescient. Perhaps he had an informant? I seem to recall he endured some criticism for his take, but it looks like he knew more than we did about Mitchell's situation.

He's white he's short he plays the slot. That's why people are hung up on carr

iu

The Pats had every opportunity to keep Carr if they wanted to - they must not have been wowed - I think based more on practice. But top end speed is not what a slot guy needs. Edelman does not have great top end speed - that Buffalo LB ran him down from behind. I still think Carr can play in this league - but maybe too long a project for us and there are a lot of short white guys looking to play slot.

Exactly. Great post. Thank you. Although will just add he's not short at 6' +.

Side note, but this news makes Reiss' tweet the other day look prescient. Perhaps he had an informant? I seem to recall he endured some criticism for his take, but it looks like he knew more than we did about Mitchell's situation.

Perhaps for some, but this has no impact on the criticism I levied at Reiss.

Dude, OF COURSE Reiss knew more than "we" did. You say that like it's some kind of revelation. He knows way more about the Patriots than anybody here.
Some people on this board need to get over themselves.(not singling you out). They're the same deluded fans who think they know more about NFL football than BB.
I love this board and 90% of the posters here, but we are fans. Even those of us who played the game on higher levels. Like Ken always acknowledges,we dont know squat compared to any of the Pats coaching staff.

Read page 1, saw people bring up Carr, wanted to reply but held my tongue assuming that would be put to rest by now.

Read page 6, it's still happening. C'mon. This would have been KT/Dobson in 2013 but maybe even worse.

Good thing we went out and got Cooks this offseason.

I enjoyed Carr's run, and it would have been fun to see him make the team, But he and Mitchell are two very different receivers.

True, Carr's not an injury problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference