PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Malcolm Mitchell on Injured Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
All our RBs can in some shape or form can catch or audible into a WR spot. I think Brady is getting some freedom with the offense by being able to easily adjust to the defense with the RB personnel, even to extremes such as 2 backs into a 5 wide set and vice versa. Our RB depth and versatility should help our WR situation.

next man up.......

I do like the guy they poached off Pittsburgh's practice squad, but it'll be weeks before he'll have a chance to see the field.

Weird. I don't think they would have risked putting Karras through waivers if they had known this spot was available, so something must have happened with Mitchell in practice this week.

Karras had to clear waivers if NE expects Mitchell back this year.

People need to realize Mitchell has always had a shaky injury history dating back to college.. the guy is very injury prone.

Malcolm's injury doesn't appear to have anything to do with being prone or not, unless you mean he is prone to having large men fall into his knees.

Martin is the only one I could see us bringing back. No thanks to the rest of them (and I was a big Dobson fan coming out of college; what a sad bust).

Martin filed a grievance against the Patriots last year. He ain't coming back.

You're half kidding (at least I think so) but he's worth a tryout or something. Can you still run a 4.8 40 Anquan? I know you're a tough SOB with hands so come down to Foxboro. I will pick you up at the airport (the Mansfield one lol), stat!
You'd have to give Buffalo something to sign him.

I'd be VERY surprised if they didn't suspect Mitchell would break down at some point. He's fragile: just the way he's made. They may well even have suspected he wouldn't make it to the regular season. Some of their moves hint at this.

I'd figure Mitchell might be of use sporadically through his career, for however long it runs. I wouldn't count on him for more than that.

Wow...77 posts before someone pieces together that BB actually knew about this before today. From the outside we had a roster overflowing with talented receovers. For those in the know, there were a lot of question marks. Amendola and (now Ir'd) Edelman are nearing the end. Mitchell was clearly not a sure thing. Hogan, Cooks, and Dorsett are all younger, healthier players. May have also factored into Allen (27) over Bennett (30). This is exactly they talk about Super Bowl champions "resting on their laurels" instead of being proactive in a fast changing league. Maybe the Pats WE corps won't be deep and dominant as we thought, but it won't be 2013 again either.

You'd have to give Buffalo something to sign him.
That's interesting to think about. What would we have to give up to get Boldin. A decent draft choice could possibly guarantee another ring if Boldin can take over the slot position and just do what he did last year.

OK time to call ANquan Boldin

Could have helped the team more than Phillip Dorsett?

BB thinks Dorsett is better than Carr and has better upside which is why he cut Carr and traded for Dorsett

You don't trust in BB?

I do trust BB. I was answering your question of why people are hung up on Carr. He was fun to watch. He was a likable player. etc.. etc....

Carr has no explosiveness. But he's white, small and plays slot so let's obsess!

giphy.gif

I do trust BB. I was answering your question of why people are hung up on Carr. He was fun to watch. He was a likable player. etc.. etc....

He's white he's short he plays the slot. That's why people are hung up on carr

This hurts Carr more than it helps

I think Carr can play at the NFL level maybe as the 4 or 5 WR. Do you disagree. Btw: I wouldn't take him over Dorsett..

I read somewhere the earliest would be week 10 for Mitchell. Wouldn't surprise me if the passing offense struggles a little in the beginning with brady having to get into a comfort zone with guys like cooks and Dorsett.

Saw this coming a mile away...
This is what happens when you go for "value" picks with injury histories... ****

You're making too much sense. Cut that out.

Gronk/Amendola staying healthy is more crucial than ever now.

I read somewhere the earliest would be week 10 for Mitchell. Wouldn't surprise me if the passing offense struggles a little in the beginning with brady having to get into a comfort zone with guys like cooks and Dorsett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST