PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Malcolm Mitchell on Injured Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. I don't think they would have risked putting Karras through waivers if they had known this spot was available, so something must have happened with Mitchell in practice this week.

He's coming back, but the WR injuries are already beginning to remind of 2015. Hopefully Gronk, Cooks, and Hogan remain healthy.

He's coming back, but the WR injuries are already beginning to remind of 2015. Hopefully Gronk, Cooks, and Hogan remain healthy.

Well gotta hope Dorsett can pick up the offense as well. Does this mean he might play tonight?

All we need now is for Dola or Dorsett to get hurt returning punts. Hope they can get Ayers up to speed quickly. BB just had another WR in for a tryout. Former Patriot, Ebert, I think.

Saw this coming a mile away...
This is what happens when you go for "value" picks with injury histories... F###

Easy. That pick - a fourth rounder - was essential in getting them that SB win ! Like Stork before him : ANY fourth round pick that truly contributes to a SB is an AWeSOMe pick !

Wonder if it's the return designation. If not...something is up with the training staff. ACLs, this.

I'd be doing some digging.
Mitchell came into the league with no problems.

Duh. That was supposed to say KNEE problems.

Last edited:
I guess that answers the question - Will Dorsett dress tonight.

Well the wideouts better stay healthy. Hogan will be our biggest receiver at 6'1.

Should've kept Austin Carr, that was a big gamble. Now you go from a guy who knew the offense to a guy who has been on the team 6 days. This is horrendous news. WR went from a strength depthwise to scary thin.

Carr is slow and unathletic. Nowhere near the times and measurables Edelman amendola or welker had coming into the league

Give me Dorsett any day of the week

I do hope he returns though it makes the WR group a big question mark for the short term. Cooks, Hogan and Amendola are certainly capable of being an extremely good starting 3 WRs, but there's really just Dorsett who can barely know the offense yet and has no chemistry with Brady. It helps having Gronk and Allen (and Hollister somewhat) at TE too, and of course all the RBs with receiving abilities, but it's definitely a very up-in-the-air situation.

That said, overall the offense is still extremely skilled, and Brady is still leading it. It's not Dobson and Thompkins out there. TB12 will find a way.

Mitchell will be missed please let the injuries stop.
We need some receivers who's available for trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes