PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wild Card Weekend: Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like it. We caught them unprepared a few weeks ago, plus they will have extra motivation after the beating we gave them. Color me incredibly nervous.

You could say similar things about Indy and the Ravens always play us tough. It's the playoffs it isn't supposed to be easy.

What would be appropriate amount of confidence you'll allow from us Deus? On a scale of 1 to 100, if we stay below 60 are we ok, or will you call us out above 55?

Lay it out there so we can all be sure to comply with your fan confidence laws.

Ahh... a rookie laying down the silly. How cute. Let me put it to you this way...

There's a difference between thinking your team has a good shot and acting as if a team that was the best in the conference for most of the season doesn't belong on the same field as your team.

Have yourself a nice night.

Last edited:
You're kind of making my point for me with the "nearly as good" stuff. The Texans beat the Broncos and Ravens. They played the Patriots and had everything go against them. It happens, as the Patriots could tell you about most of their game against the 49ers and the 49ers could tell you about their game against the Seahawks. Despite all the cries about a Texans collapse, they finished the season with the same 12-4 record that the Patriots had.

All 12-4's are not created equal. I'd MUCH rather have a 12-4 that is based on finishing strong versus 12-4 based on starting strong then finishing weakly....

I don't like it. We caught them unprepared a few weeks ago, plus they will have extra motivation after the beating we gave them. Color me incredibly nervous.

Dude no one overlooks the pats . Texans might execute better but they did not lose because they were unprepared.

Ok so we know where Houston's road will end. Look forward to welcoming these Texaints back to Foxboro.

Texans don't scare me. But those damn Ravens do. I know some of you are worried, but I like the Pats chances against the Texans. Let the Donkeys deal with the Ravens/Colts.

Well, at least we know for sure now who we are playing in a week. We have played them before, we know well what they can accomplish. Their defense is something we need to be careful with but their offense is manageable - especially the way our defense is constructed. If we play our best, we should be able to win that one. Hopefully the OL comes to play to win.

When you go for it on 4th and 11 in that situation, you clearly have no idea what you are doing. One of the stupidest decisions I have ever seen in pro ball. That decision allowed Houston to get creative on 3rd and 2. If they had 3rd and 2 on their 14 yard line they do not run play action there.

Dude no one overlooks the pats . Texans might execute better but they did not lose because they were unprepared.

AMEN. They called that game the biggest game of their franchise. A REGULAR SEASON GAME was the biggest game of their franchise.

Now, do the Bengals fire Lewis, or do they stay the course and hope that the 11th time is the charm?

He needs to go. I have seen this same offense with Palmer and Ocho that I do now with Dalton and AJ. Neither time it worked.

People keep going back to the 2010 playoffs but the jets did beat the Pats by two touchdowns that season

You're kind of making my point for me with the "nearly as good" stuff. The Texans beat the Broncos and Ravens. They played the Patriots and had everything go against them. It happens, as the Patriots could tell you about most of their game against the 49ers and the 49ers could tell you about their game against the Seahawks. Despite all the cries about a Texans collapse, they finished the season with the same 12-4 record that the Patriots had.

The Pats are clearly better than the Texans. They might not be worlds better.

The Texans beat the Broncos early in the season and the Ravens after they started to get depleted by injuries.

Again, any team can beat any other team in the playoffs, but it doesn't change the fact that the Pats are definitely better than the Texans. Heck, even the Jets fans on the Jets boards are talking about the Pats having a second bye week.

Houston it is. They looked pretty good today, should be tough but i like the patriots to win and move on. I'm fine with denver getting Balt or Indy, especially Indy, as I said before watching indy fans root against Peyton, or lose to him would be really comical. And if denver plays the Ravens it's a no lose situation as I can't stand either team.

AMEN. They called that game the biggest game of their franchise. A REGULAR SEASON GAME was the biggest game of their franchise.

Exactly. Maybe "unprepared" was the wrong word. How about overprepared or overmotivated? Either way, it will not be like it was on MNF. They will be able to correct every single thing they did wrong.

I'm not trying to Chicken Little, but this was the game I wanted the least. We need to contain JJ Watt again, but I don't know if what we did last time be as effective.

When you go for it on 4th and 11 in that situation, you clearly have no idea what you are doing. One of the stupidest decisions I have ever seen in pro ball. That decision allowed Houston to get creative on 3rd and 2. If they had 3rd and 2 on their 14 yard line they do not run play action there.

I didn't have a problem with them going for it on 4th down. I had a much bigger issue for going for a low percentage TD pass play on third down. It was definitely four down territory considering the field position and time left, but they should have tried to at least get half the yards for first down on third down rather than go for a low percentage play on third down.

The Pats are clearly better than the Texans...

No, they're not, at least not in the sense that it's been put forth in this thread, which is why they, too, are 12-4.

You think they're better. I think they're better. Clearly better, though? "Clearly better" wouldn't be struggling against the Jaguars and Dolphins, would it?

Last edited:
Houston it is. They looked pretty good today, should be tough but i like the patriots to win and move on. I'm fine with denver getting Balt or Indy, especially Indy, as I said before watching indy fans root against Peyton, or lose to him would be really comical. And if denver plays the Ravens it's a no lose situation as I can't stand either team.

Did they look good today? They should have won this game by 10-14 points at least. They squeaked this one out.

They will need to play much better next Sunday to beat the Pats unless the Pats come out of the bye flat.

Texans don't scare me. But those damn Ravens do. I know some of you are worried, but I like the Pats chances against the Texans. Let the Donkeys deal with the Ravens/Colts.

I also think the Ravens are a tougher opponent right now, especially with Ray coming back and the whole retirement angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back