PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wild Card Weekend: Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has a shot. Doesn't mean they are nearly as good as the Pats. I still think the Ravens are too banged up and the Texans can't compete with the elite teams in the league. That said either of them could score an upset.

You think the pats are not vulnerable ? Did you see the games vs SF and jax ? Sure people will say they were tired and disinterested but pats are by no means perfect and being the best team in AFC is debatable. If the pats had lost that jax game people wouldnt have blamed tiredness or injuries. They are good but anybody except maybe indy can come beat them.

Stick-a-fork-in-it.jpg

LOL, Houston strutting around like they're all that now

Bengals offensive play calling AND offensive design as a whole is just plain bad. It's not just generic, but erratic, with no consistency. They have no identity whatsoever.
It certainly makes you appreciate what we have in New England.

Understood, any Sunday as they say. But given the Texans performance can't help but buoy the optimism of any Patriots fan (IMHO)

Their offense maybe. Their defense played well which is the concern.

Hahahah my goodness Dalton sucks

Dalton has shown his true stripes (pardon the pun) the past couple of weeks.....especially today. He is FU(king AWFUL!!! Makes you REALLY appreciate Tom Brady once again....Can you imagine having a QB that could keep stabbing you in the heart over and over like this?? Defense gives the guy the ball in decent position....He promptly throws a PICK!! He is HORRIBLE!!!!! OL is not awesome.....but comes down to decision making and he has NO ability here (See Tony Romo) PLUS....HOW MANY Fcking Receivers has this Opie looking bastid missed today!!! Well I guess this is what we want......don't want Opie going to Pay-a-ton's house.......Bring on the Texans......

Time for Houston again, do you think the coaches are busting out tape as we speak?

I think either Indy or Baltimore have a better shot at knocking off Denver than Cincy.

Everyone has a shot. Doesn't mean they are nearly as good as the Pats. I still think the Ravens are too banged up and the Texans can't compete with the elite teams in the league. That said either of them could score an upset.

You're kind of making my point for me with the "nearly as good" stuff. The Texans beat the Broncos and Ravens. They played the Patriots and had everything go against them. It happens, as the Patriots could tell you about most of their game against the 49ers and the 49ers could tell you about their game against the Seahawks. Despite all the cries about a Texans collapse, they finished the season with the same 12-4 record that the Patriots had.

if we can't defeat this mediocre texans team we deserve to be eliminated.

It's set! Glad BB and staff knows as early as possible who the opponent is and that we just played them recently! Bring it on.....

The BUNGLES are BACK BABY.....Marvin Lewis needs to have his ***** FIRED!!!!!!!!!

So how long before the "Dalton can't win in the playoffs" talk in the media?

Time for Houston again, do you think the coaches are busting out tape as we speak?

The film folks were busy prepping for HOU, BAL, and IND. :)

Now they focus on HOU.

Fortunately, NE gets a one-day headstart on prepping and an extra day before playing. :)

You think the pats are not vulnerable ? Did you see the games vs SF and jax ? Sure people will say they were tired and disinterested but pats are by no means perfect and being the best team in AFC is debatable. If the pats had lost that jax game people wouldnt have blamed tiredness or injuries. They are good but anybody except maybe indy can come beat them.

Not nearly as vulnerable as the Texans (1-3 the last month of the season) or the Ravens (1-4) over the last 5 weeks. Have you watched them? The Pats have had one loss in the last ten games. They had as many losses in the season as the Ravens had the last 5 weeks.

The Pats have their warts, but their warts aren't nearly as bad or many as any other team on the AFC side of the playoffs other than maybe the Broncos.

You have already revised history to make the Pats' shelacking of the Texans to seem like a fluke.

I don't like it. We caught them unprepared a few weeks ago, plus they will have extra motivation after the beating we gave them. Color me incredibly nervous.

You're kind of making my point for me with the "nearly as good" stuff. The Texans beat the Broncos and Ravens. They played the Patriots and had everything go against them. It happens, as the Patriots could tell you about most of their game against the 49ers and the 49ers could tell you about their game against the Seahawks. Despite all the cries about a Texans collapse, they finished the season with the same 12-4 record that the Patriots had.

What would be appropriate amount of confidence you'll allow from us Deus? On a scale of 1 to 100, if we stay below 60 are we ok, or will you call us out above 55?

Lay it out there so we can all be sure to comply with your fan confidence laws.

Now, do the Bengals fire Lewis, or do they stay the course and hope that the 11th time is the charm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back